Thread: The single moment I forgot all the flaws..

Default The single moment I forgot all the flaws..

1 battle.

It was the siege of Kyoto. I was Hattori. Its was Night... there was a rain storm, flashing lightning.. 2 units of kisho ninja scaling walls and opening gates, other gates getting blasted into flames. 2 full stacks or samurai and Ashigaru locked in a blood bath on the main terrace.

did I mention it was a night battle? with rainstorm? and the slight orangey glow of fire and lights.... epic...

Fort suck, but once you get to the 3rd stage or development.. sieges are awesome.

btw Hattori lost (and died), the Ashikaga Shogunate lives another season.

I like those moments, when you forget there are still alot of "issues" to be patched and fixed and can enjoy something wonderful in the game.

Empire and napoleon never really had those moments. I do think this game does however.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The single moment I forgot all the flaws..

I love this game, Med2 and Rome had its faults, but there were sometimes where you just looked at the scene and said...wow. Like this one time I was watching an epic ashigaru fight, my ashigaru took on nearly 10 ashigaru and killed them ALL in one strike until being struck down himself by a defending samurai.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

It's a good game, not even that many flaws, so much as some bugs.

I'm pissed about the no AA, but it's still a pretty damn good game.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

wish u had pics of this..

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    It's a good game, not even that many flaws, so much as some bugs.

I'm pissed about the no AA, but it's still a pretty damn good game.
    Hi Ronin,

I read alot of posts of you regarding the missing AA. I´m as pissed as you, but today I tried the demo (still waiting for my order, grr...) with max. display solution and everything on ultra, and to be honest: it looks fantastic. I have a GTX 260 AMP2, and riding the old horse WIn XP, but now I´m happy to let the samurais roll.

What solution you playing at?

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Holman's Avatar Semisalis

you should have take some screenshot and share with us could have been epic

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I constantly see posts about lack of AA It's pretty logic that there's no Anti Aircraft, aircrafts didn't even exist back then why would you want AA? Would you like some tiger tanks and zero's aswell?

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    I constantly see posts about lack of AA It's pretty logic that there's no Anti Aircraft, aircrafts didn't even exist back then why would you want AA? Would you like some tiger tanks and zero's aswell?
    IJN Akagi, Taiho, Shoho, Shinano are iconic Japanese carriers of the NIHUN KAIGUN! They should not be left out! SHAMEFUL DISPLAY CA!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

AA means anti-anliasing which gets rid of the jagged edges
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronto0 View Post
    AA means anti-anliasing which gets rid of the jagged edges

What?! N... no way! Thanks for clearing that up. I sincerely belived that he, in complete seriousness and without a shred of irony, thought we were actually talking about Surface-to-Air ordnance.

Thanks, Aaronto0, for your sage advice.
    CA needs competition.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by InferiorBeing View Post
    What?! N... no way! Thanks for clearing that up. I sincerely belived that he, in complete seriousness and without a shred of irony, thought we were actually talking about Surface-to-Air ordnance.

You could be right.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InferiorBeing View Post

To be honest I have no idea what anti aliasing is, and wen I see AA I imediately think of Anti aircraft.

Anti aliasing is even more confusing: anti means against, but aliasing reminds me of creating a differend name/personna for one person. What does that have to do with shogun ey?

right on a serious note, I looked up what AA is in graphics terms, can't believe people make a big deal of that.

I remember a time when these where amazing graphics and I was certain we had reached the limit of gaming possibilities:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

don't know how to say it in english, but some of you are "detail neukers"

don't know how to say it in english, but some of you are "detail neukers"
    "Graphics whores"?

Some people just particularly notice, for example, an aliased telephone wire in a game. Seeing that a wire is apparently not continuous breaks immersion for them.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Anti-alianism should be eradicated.
    For a better America.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    IJN Akagi, Taiho, Shoho, Shinano are iconic Japanese carriers of the NIHUN KAIGUN! They should not be left out! SHAMEFUL DISPLAY CA!
    I believe you mean SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    1 battle.

It was the siege of Kyoto. I was Hattori. Its was Night... there was a rain storm, flashing lightning.. 2 units of kisho ninja scaling walls and opening gates, other gates getting blasted into flames. 2 full stacks or samurai and Ashigaru locked in a blood bath on the main terrace.

did I mention it was a night battle? with rainstorm? and the slight orangey glow of fire and lights.... epic...

Fort suck, but once you get to the 3rd stage or development.. sieges are awesome.

btw Hattori lost (and died), the Ashikaga Shogunate lives another season.

I like those moments, when you forget there are still alot of "issues" to be patched and fixed and can enjoy something wonderful in the game.

Empire and napoleon never really had those moments. I do think this game does however.

Once the AI was fixed, and with some mods (dart Mod for Empire, Europe in Conflict for Napoleon) these two delivered almost non stop immersion for me.

I'm looking forward to playing Shogun 2 abit more but my current Austrian Campaign in Napoleon has just held me spellbound, I never want it to end