Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Default Re: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Kinda sorta theory about custom settlements with gates has slightly more confirmation as the Custom Erebor and Hobbiton Settlements do not crash the game.

you need to download xQuartz as well bud - then have them both open at the same time. Then drag the part 1 of a mod on to the wine app and it will begin

Quote Originally Posted by Jankmaster98 View Post
    Kinda sorta theory about custom settlements with gates has slightly more confirmation as the Custom Erebor and Hobbiton Settlements do not crash the game.

cheers dude ! i just sent that in to let them know !

There is a high probability that the programs used for making custom settlement files are not Mac compatible/friendly. Windows versions are mostly backward compatible with older programs/software, maybe that's not the case when it comes to Apple's products.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

How do you use wineskin? I'm unfamiliar with this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Itza View Post
    OK i figured out how to get Third Age (or any other MTW2 mod) to work on the Mac App Store version of Medieval Total War 2.

1. Download the mod you want, and open the installer using a program like Wine.
    2. Just make a folder on your desktop and install all the mod files in there.
    3. Move the folder "Third_Age_3" (or something like that, the entire mod anyways) into the Mod folder where the 4 Kingdoms campaigns are (Americas, Teutonic etc).
    4. Launch Medieval Total War 2, and in the Launcher Option window, go to the "Advanced" tab at the top of the window.
    5. Toggle the box that says "Advanced options" and in the text area right next to the box write "--features.mod=mods/NAME OF THE MOD FOLDER", so for my Third Age mod it would be "--features.mod=mods/Third_Age_3"
    6. Enjoy
    Does this change if you're using steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Stender View Post
    Does this change if you're using steam?
    Are you using Windows+Steam M2TW, or Mac+Steam M2TW, or, Mac+Windows+Steam M2TW?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by orhuno View Post
    I am using the steam version but I think App Store and steam users are all having the same problem - maps built for this game not working on 'campaign' or 'custom battles'

Let me know if this works for anyone - it didn't for me:

Please try the following:

- Navigate to Steam > Right click Medieval II > Properties > Local files tab > Browse Local Files > Medieval2Data > mods
    - Rename an existing folder there to something else, e.g. british_isles1
    - Paste the desired mod folder into the location with all the other campaigns and name it to the original name of the folder you just renamed, i.e british_isles
    - In Steam click Play and choose the Britannia DLC option
    - On the pre-game options window select the Advanced tab, check the Advanced box and paste "@mods\british_isles\TATW.cfg" into the field there
    - Click Play and The Third Age mod should launch

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Gerard
    ===============
    Gerard McAuley
    Feral Interactive Support
    Worldwide +44 (0)20 8875 9787
    USA 1-888-592-9925 (Toll Free)
    http://support.feralinteractive.com
    I tried, but immediate crash

Mac+Steam M2TW. I used wine and downloaded into the suggested file locations, I just get an instant crash when I try to run the mod, including using the 2 suggested advanced option approaches that you and another guy suggested on here.

Mac+Steam M2TW. I used wine and downloaded into the suggested file locations, I just get an instant crash when I try to run the mod, including using the 2 suggested advanced option approaches that you and another guy suggested on here.
    Have you tried the old Steam Windows method:

- Navigate to Steam ...> Medieval II > mods folder
    - Rename an existing folder there to something else, e.g. british_isles to british_isles1
    - Paste the Third_Age_3 folder into the location with all the other campaigns (Medieval II TW/ mods folder) and name it to the original name of the folder you just renamed, i.e british_isles
    - In Steam start the Britannia campaign and it should start TATW.

Hi thermo, follow instructions on here - http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tik...es+from+Finder - while it looks like it isn't the recommended use of wrappers, it worked fine for me installing TATW 3.0 and patch 3.2. Hope that helps!

Divide and Conquer (submod for TATW) works perfectly with method above, apart from the same issue with custom cities crashing if you try and play them on battle map. This wouldn't have changed issue massively as it works in the same way as a patch, but I was hoping something might have changed to let us play custom cities as well!

Quote Originally Posted by hd700 View Post
    Divide and Conquer (submod for TATW) works perfectly with method above, apart from the same issue with custom cities crashing if you try and play them on battle map. This wouldn't have changed issue massively as it works in the same way as a patch, but I was hoping something might have changed to let us play custom cities as well!
    How do you apply the patch? Where do you put the file? Also, I'm still having trouble with axe-throwing dwarves, when they engage, the game shuts down.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

How do you apply the patch? Where do you put the file? Also, I'm still having trouble with axe-throwing dwarves, when they engage, the game shuts down.
    look here for your axe throwers problem http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14826170
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hmmm - we're all having the same problems and Feral has stopped helping me. Anyone else having any luck ?

We need someone who knows stuff about mods to help us out

@elvenkind - that makes sense with the city problems - especially if other mods are doing the same

That has o be it bc the Dol Goldur map works and dosent crash the game but the gates are invisable.

When launching keep the folder how it is no renaming and only change 1 launch code, the game launch option not in steam in the menu when you click start.

Ive spoken to feral and they said they will try to solve the problem for us - I've let them know that as far as we know its the gates which are causing the issues on the custom made maps for Third Age Total war - hopefully they can fix it for us and get back to me. Ill let you know as i get updates !

Quote Originally Posted by orhuno View Post
    Ive spoken to feral and they said they will try to solve the problem for us - I've let them know that as far as we know its the gates which are causing the issues on the custom made maps for Third Age Total war - hopefully they can fix it for us and get back to me. Ill let you know as i get updates !
    Awesome Work! I cant wait!

Please help! I have TATW installed for mac how do i get mos to work then on mac?