Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

First of all, thanks to all the people who made this amazing mod.

I'm playing as Lithuania in the late era vh/vh with Byg's grim reality. So far it's pretty brutal, but I managed to hang in there. When playing as a catholic faction when you upgrade your church you can recruit an additional priest. I've upgraded several altars to sanctuary's but I'm not able to recruit more priests. Is this a bug or intentional? It would really come in handy because every region has at least one or two Christian priests in it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethino View Post
    First of all, thanks to all the people who made this amazing mod.

I'm playing as Lithuania in the late era vh/vh with Byg's grim reality. So far it's pretty brutal, but I managed to hang in there. When playing as a catholic faction when you upgrade your church you can recruit an additional priest. I've upgraded several altars to sanctuary's but I'm not able to recruit more priests. Is this a bug or intentional? It would really come in handy because every region has at least one or two Christian priests in it.

Thanks.
    Lithuania can recruit 1 priest for level 1 and 2 temples, and 2 priests for level 3 temples. Catholic factions can recruit 1 priest for level 1 and 2 temples, and 2 priests for level 3+ temples. So it's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    Lithuania can recruit 1 priest for level 1 and 2 temples, and 2 priests for level 3 temples. Catholic factions can recruit 1 priest for level 1 and 2 temples, and 2 priests for level 3+ temples. So it's the same.
    Thanks, I didn't realize that. I guess I'll have to look towards steel and shadows for some divine intervention.

I advise my friend to play Stainless Steel. He installed the mod but there is a problem. When he tries to play the mod, he cannot open it. He says that nothing happens after he clicks the shortcut. He is pretty sure that he has done everything correct. On the other hand, there is no problem with his MTW II. Do you have any idea?
    艾洛
    Old Fire Nation General
    Dragon of the West
    The Best Tea Maker in Ba Sing Se!

Today destiny is our friend. I know it.

2 questions;

In SS6.3, is there any reason for Cuman bodyguards to be so weak? I understand the armor rating, the steppe people may not have the best armour and technology available but their defend skill also laughable too. I find this somewhat unrealistic, as western bodyguards have better defence skill although cumans are supposedly born in the saddle, like all steppe peoples, and fighting mounted should be natural for them. Their description says that they can stand toe - to - toe with pretty much anything, but they get slaughtered by any equal sized bodyguard unit, even though they are supposed to be the best of the best(of cumans )..

So, any reason to why the defence stat is so low for them? Its like 5, when almost all bodyguards have 8 or usually more.

2nd question: Is shieldwall actually any good? In my experiments I noticed that shieldwall units suffer more casualties than the ones not in shieldwall in a duel, say Viking huscarls vs. Viking huscarls.. when is the shieldwall actually useful?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Crusader View Post
    2 questions;

In SS6.3, is there any reason for Cuman bodyguards to be so weak? I understand the armor rating, the steppe people may not have the best armour and technology available but their defend skill also laughable too. I find this somewhat unrealistic, as western bodyguards have better defence skill although cumans are supposedly born in the saddle, like all steppe peoples, and fighting mounted should be natural for them. Their description says that they can stand toe - to - toe with pretty much anything, but they get slaughtered by any equal sized bodyguard unit, even though they are supposed to be the best of the best(of cumans )..

So, any reason to why the defence stat is so low for them? Its like 5, when almost all bodyguards have 8 or usually more.

2nd question: Is shieldwall actually any good? In my experiments I noticed that shieldwall units suffer more casualties than the ones not in shieldwall in a duel, say Viking huscarls vs. Viking huscarls.. when is the shieldwall actually useful?
    Maybe I could answer the first question : Their 2nd weapon(not charging,used in melee) is armor piercing.Besides,they're a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcat View Post
    Maybe I could answer the first question : Their 2nd weapon(not charging,used in melee) is armor piercing.Besides,they're a bit faster.
    I didnt know units could have AP abilities when it doesnt say so in the description? ( effective against armour )

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Crusader View Post
    I didnt know units could have AP abilities when it doesnt say so in the description? ( effective against armour )
    If it is a secondary weapon it wont be mentioned, like longbowmen have mallets, highland archers have axes, and so on.

Is the mod folder in the right place?

If so, he will have to move it to the mod folder(ex:SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods)

Or is his game updated to the latest patch?

Quote Originally Posted by iroh View Post
    I advise my friend to play Stainless Steel. He installed the mod but there is a problem. When he tries to play the mod, he cannot open it. He says that nothing happens after he clicks the shortcut. He is pretty sure that he has done everything correct. On the other hand, there is no problem with his MTW II. Do you have any idea?
    Is the mod installed in the correct place?

If so then he will have to extract it to the mods folder.

Or is his game updated to the latest patch?

Either way that's all I know on how to solve this problem.

In my Byzantine campaign, when and how can i begin to recruit the byzantine pike unit, Meneulatoi(spelling?)?

I know a lot of people play VH/VH. I'd like a greater challenge than playing it on Hard but I'm curious as to whether or not that means that the AI functions more effectively on higher difficulty, or if they just get buffed stats?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Regarding campaign ai only: Below VH the campaign ai will go easy on you to help you win, certainly if using Gracul ai, not sure about the others, though I think they probably are set to an easier game on all levels the same, given that Gracul is thought to be the hardest.
    Last edited by Byg; December 03, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Foederatus

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Question about Aragon: Is there some sort of everyone-hates-Aragon clause? I tried a Campaign with them on hard (Savage AI), and I could not achieve peace with ANYONE whatsoever under any circumstances. I've played SS multiple times and have never had the same type of problems with diplomacy that I had with Aragon. No faction would accept an alliance (even under Very Generous circumstances), no faction would accept a Ceasefire, and nearly every Catholic faction that could reach me found a way to declare war on me within the first 30-40 turns.

Lithuania wasn't nearly as impossible to befriend even the catholic nations with, which surprised me.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zopharr View Post
    Question about Aragon: Is there some sort of everyone-hates-Aragon clause? I tried a Campaign with them on hard (Savage AI), and I could not achieve peace with ANYONE whatsoever under any circumstances..
    Are you sure you were using Savage AI as that sounds a lot like Gracul AI.

What was your reputation? Have you tried playing the campaign over again and seeing if you got the same result? Also, with Gracul AI any faction that can get to you (even if it is just a single ship blockading your far off distant port) will declare war on you.

Which version are you playing? I just reinstalled 6.4 and might give Aragon another go. Last time I played it was 6.2 RC4, and I seemed to go to war with everyone nearby, but admittedly I initiated several of those wars, including breaking an alliance sealed with a marriage

Foederatus

It was Savage AI on 6.4. I always aim for high reputation, and this was no exception either. My leader was 5+ chiv, my rep was Very Reliable or higher, and yet I still had catholic armies landing next to my cities and attacking with random full stacks out of nowhere nearly every turn. By turn 40 I was at war with France, Genoa, Sicily, HRE, and Venice without even trying, all while the Moors ceasefired the rest of the spanish nations and sent their full force against me. I could only hold out for so long before I just rage-quit the campaign =P

I'm new to stainless Steel, great mod. I turned off the fog of war to see how the different factions were doing and saw this. I counted 23 full stacks and 1 partial. They also have roughly 20+ full stacks elsewhere. How normal is this for a late era campaign?

Foederatus

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Empire_map.gif

If anything, I'd say the Mongols are behind schedule =P

Yes, it's normal.

I'm playing 6.4 and can only seem to play Late Campaign? How do I play early? On earlier versions I was able to play both.
    Let them hate, so long as they fear.