View Poll Results: Sept. 25 CA Announcement - What will it be?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rome II DLC / Expansion

55 50.00%
  • Medieval 3

16 14.55%
  • Warhammer

19 17.27%
  • Other

20 18.18%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sept. 25 CA Announcement - What will it be?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Sept. 25 CA Announcement - What will it be?

CA has a big announcement coming up on September 25. What do you think it will be?

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Sept. 25 CA Announcement - What will it be?

Voted.

most likely it will be a Rome II standalone, if you take "Sword of Atilla" book into consideration.
    Last edited by Cyrene; September 21, 2014 at 05:22 PM.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Total War: Total War

CA, after carefully examining the threads in VV, the History forum of TWC, decided to bring all TWC's members fantasies to life. In the upcoming TW:TW the player can pick any civilization, in any given time period, and confront any opponent, historical or fictional. Romans vs. Ninja? Erich von Manstein vs. Darth Vader? Dogs vs Cats? You wish it, we have it. Watch the Panzers roll over the hapless Assyrians! Or will they? The first two planned DLCs are "Alexander vs. Hannibal" -no explanations needed-and the weapons pack "K&K (Katana and Kalashnikov)l", a highly customizable weapons pack which will redefine the term "highly customizable weapons pack".

Since the game is still in development we will be prowling the VV forum for more exciting ideas.

Yours truly etc

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Probably a DLC, too early for a new TW game to rise, hopefully something with India gets added... The lack of India on the map is pitiful
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    Total War: Total War

CA, after carefully examining the threads in VV, the History forum of TWC, decided to bring all TWC's members fantasies to life. In the upcoming TW:TW the player can pick any civilization, in any given time period, and confront any opponent, historical or fictional. Romans vs. Ninja? Erich von Manstein vs. Darth Vader? Dogs vs Cats? You wish it, we have it. Watch the Panzers roll over the hapless Assyrians! Or will they? The first two planned DLCs are "Alexander vs. Hannibal" -no explanations needed-and the weapons pack "K&K (Katana and Kalashnikov)l", a highly customizable weapons pack which will redefine the term "highly customizable weapons pack".

Since the game is still in development we will be prowling the VV forum for more exciting ideas.

Yours truly etc
    I thought they were finally going to introduce "Crap historians vs. the Creative Assembly" mode in this game?

Obviously I'm hoping for a Barbarian Invasion game, or Empire II

I'd laugh if it's a new DLC for Rome 2. So much mystery for one DLC.
    Although it did say "Next Total war title" in the schedule, so either Medieval 3 or Warhammer.

Five TWC Dollars on 'Fall of the Empire' or something.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    a Rome II standalone
    A standalone game means players would eventually stop buying the original Rome II in favour of that title, something that is inconceivable to CA since they don't want to lose money. Standalone expansion is a dying concept nowadays, in a time when greed dictates everything. The last standalone expansion that I'm aware of was released in 2010 (Mount & Blade Warband).

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You've been upstaged by a few days. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28th-september!!!

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved

Yeah, I saw that thread. It doesn't have a poll though, and posting a new poll here in this forum links it to the sidebar.

It's probably a good idea to make a post over in that thread asking people to come vote here. I'll do that now.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Its actually dishonest of me to vote in this poll because I already know. I just wanted to see the results of the poll when I view the forum without having to click the View Results link every time I login and for that to happen you have to already have voted. I voted for Other simply because nobody else had and you can safely ignore my vote when forming your opinion or making a guess.

My bets:
    - Announcement is about an expansion pack for RII set during Atilla's reign over the Huns.
    - The Warhammer game will be WH: Mark of Chaos II.

My wishes:
    - The soon to be announced game will be Warhammer (a de facto Total War game, even if it lacks the name).

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Its actually dishonest of me to vote in this poll because I already know. I just wanted to see the results of the poll when I view the forum without having to click the View Results link every time I login and for that to happen you have to already have voted. I voted for Other simply because nobody else had and you can safely ignore my vote when forming your opinion or making a guess.

So we have an insider around GED?

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I went out to San Francisco to preview the new item last week. It was basically a press members only event, and I am under a non disclosure agreement until later in the week.

its a Rome II expansion Medieval III or other like empire II there is no way its a Warhammer total war sorry people it would just be a bad idea it would alienate to many people, a lot of total war fans like the history behind the game and realism this would just throw off to many people. My bet is Empire II but i want to see a Medieval III or a China Total War.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I bet it will be Fall of Rome:RTW2 expansion ... or some such thing.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

@GED: This may be offtopic, but I am not able to see the result even after voting. It still shows me an option to vote, and clicking view results brings me here.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I've posted is before, but posted it again here for new audience. We will see expansion for Rome II for few more years because David Gibbins is suppose to write 4 books related to the game.

We have Destroy Carthage which comes together with the main game but none with the 3 DLCs (CiG, HatG and IA).

However there's already a second book titled Sword of Attila which is scheduled to be released next year.

What I see is another 3 'big' games related to Rome II and not just mini campaign DLCs and that surely took our Medieval III out of the run, unless the later expansion for Rome II is for the very late period centered on eastern Roman which focus on late dark age to early medieval age (like Viking Invasion era).

As the announcement mentions Total War specifically so it must be about Rome II expansion and definitely not about Warhammer game which is not part of Total War series.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I've posted is before, but posted it again here for new audience. We will see expansion for Rome II for few more years because David Gibbins is suppose to write 4 books related to the game.

We have Destroy Carthage which comes together with the main game but none with the 3 DLCs (CiG, HatG and IA).

However there's already a second book titled Sword of Attila which is scheduled to be released next year.

What I see is another 3 'big' games related to Rome II and not just mini campaign DLCs and that surely took our Medieval III out of the run, unless the later expansion for Rome II is for the very late period centered on eastern Roman which focus on late dark age to early medieval age (like Viking Invasion era).

As the announcement mentions Total War specifically so it must be about Rome II expansion and definitely not about Warhammer game which is not part of Total War series.
    Do you think Creative assembly would support Rome II for 2-3 more years? I can see this next announcement being a huge Rome II overhaul but I would like to see where they take the next tittle in at least a year from this announcement. Happy to see we are on the same page with the hole Warhammer idea.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Yes. Next immediate expansion is possibly something semi-standalone (like FotS) but the other 2 will most probably be total new game/engine but related to Rome II era. Warhammer is a different game which is not part of Total War series so they can both release together, the Rome II expansion and Warhammer game.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I see if what you say does happen then i would not mind seeing more Rome II on a different engine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast