Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Miles

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Well, here's my English Empire at turn 84 on H/H difficulty:

I got rid of Ireland first, but Scotland was such a pain in the arse. It was the hardest war I ever played in a TW game, and arguably the most enjoyable. Then, I went on a few crusades to the east, didn't gain anything, so I decided to tackle the French. The war must have dragged on for over 40 turns, I only recently got rid of them. Then, I decided to blitzkrieg North Africa since the Pope gets overexcited whenever I touch any of his precious Catholics. I trapped all major Moorish armies in Spain by blockading their ports there and blocking the channel crossing between Spain and North Africa. Now, I've expanded to Egypt and will take all of Africa, but won't expand into Asia as my forces are spread too thin, and conditions are getting hectic on the HRE border, and I don't want to tackle these eastern giants. Right now, I'm fighting Aragon since the pope recently excommunicated them.
    Last edited by Ham the Pharoah; April 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    here's a few I've played. the first one was fun, playing as the fatimids, we completely relocated to Rome to start a new moslem world in the seat of christianity.

How do you change your map to look like that?

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

you do ~ then type in toggle_fow to change it back to normal just do toggle_fow again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdTruth View Post
    you do ~ then type in toggle_fow to change it back to normal just do toggle_fow again.
    Yeah, sorry, the pic didnt get added to the quote.

I mean how do you change your map to look like it does in these pics he posted:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

ah, I think they just take a SS then use something like ms paint then just cut it out and blow it up, I could be wrong though.

Kodiac's Avatar Libertus

Very nice job on your campaign Pharoah, I also had a very hard time with Scotland. You gave some good tips dealing with the Moors that I will try out.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post
    Yeah, sorry, the pic didnt get added to the quote.

I mean how do you change your map to look like it does in these pics he posted:
    I used photoshop for that.

still figuring out how to do neat stuff with it, like drawing battle maps

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

my other horse is a space ship

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    give him a big army and fight a lot of wandering rebel armies. you won't go to war with anyone, and you'll get fun stars to be prepared for when you do.
    heroic victories (with small armies) usually do more for a general's stars. cavalry are great for this, especially in SS 5.1 because the enemy uses alot of infantry
    also night battles should be used wherever possible, generals get good night battle traits quite easily

Quote Originally Posted by oou420 View Post
    heroic victories (with small armies) usually do more for a general's stars. cavalry are great for this, especially in SS 5.1 because the enemy uses alot of infantry
    also night battles should be used wherever possible, generals get good night battle traits quite easily
    Are you talking autoresolve? That's pretty much a crapshoot on what you'll get from a fight. I was more along the line of fighting the battle yourself. Get your large army pressed up against the smaller one, then pound unit after unit from the back with your general's cavalry charge. He'll personally get tons of kills that way.

Where should i go next. I was planing to go to southern Italy after i take all the rebel cities in Anatolia or should I push the turks back to Persia.

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post

Where should i go next. I was planing to go to southern Italy after i take all the rebel cities in Anatolia or should I push the turks back to Persia.

I'd avoid conquering Italy, because harrassing catholic factions could inflict a crusade against you, which would be devastating with your position.

Another reason to go in asia minor is that the turks are doing way too well, and are a big threat to your empire. Besides, religious wars are always fun to execute.

please don't put giant pictures like that /in your quote/

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post

I'd head across the Med, take a few African provinces, then turn back and take the Turks. If the war goes badly your fairly safe in Africa.

The Cuman Lost 2 provinces. I took Tunis and Sardinia.
    Do anyone think the The moors will attack be cause I look like a attractive target.

I allied with Hungary and they are at war with Venice. Should I partake?

This is my newly started Novgorod Empire.

Quick, get to those rebels!

Thats my current English Empire. Most of my income was coming from Africa/Holy Lands but it was difficult to keep such a large Empire under control (only 25 turns in), so I decided to abandon Britain.

I'm currently invading whats left of Byzantium (as you can tell) and plan to relocate my Capital to Constantinople once that campaign has been won. Currently my Capital is Alexandria.

After that, I'll look at securing what is now Turkey.

I'm allied to the Pope, Spain, Hungry, KoJ and Sicily at the moment.

I'm also engaged in a bitter war with Egypt. They keep sending full stacks to attack Gaza every few turns.

Overall though I'm fairly surprised so many nations are still around. The only ones in real danger currently are Ireland, Byzantium and Portugal. Oddly, France haven't done a thing since the game started. They didn't even take the rebel lands in the South.
    Last edited by Vor; April 26, 2008 at 07:37 AM.

That's yust weird Vor...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Since_1985 View Post
    That's yust weird Vor...
    agreed... that map is wrong on so many levels...

look at spain in ireland and nottingham..

just imagine robin of loxley talking about el robo de los ricos y dar a los pobres.

Which mod are you using there lordyu? And why is the AI so bad off in Germany and eastern Europe? Did all those provinces go rebel?