Thread: Is the german Westeros Mod stable as a base?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Is the german Westeros Mod stable as a base?

Hello, as i need to re-implement all the awesome stuff created by VltimaRatio i am looking for a stable new base for the mod. It should have the "War of five Kings"-theme and it must also be mostly done already, unlike the "Age of five Kings" which weren't transformed enough from the AoPK-theme (even though it's map would be great to use).

My idea is that i will remove all the models of the mod, all the strat-models and replace the menu etc as much as possible - then add in the new models as seen in the GoT-mod. Of course the mod will also be translated into english - i just need to know if its a stable mod?

The point being i don't want CTD:s and i need to have a stable mod from the start, as i suck at correcting CTD-bugs - if it is stable already it's just a matter of keeping it that way while adding new stuff. Like i did in WotN/TLK:WotN.

Also, that mod has awesome scripts for a Daenarys invasion which would open up for me adding House Targaryen to the campaign as well.

I would remove all the stolen content and just use the stable mod as a base for Game of Thrones: Total War - with that better map and all the scripts. Would also replace some of the factions with the ones in GoT - as i would not keep any Warhammer units etc in use by the Others and such.

I need a stable new base for GoT:TW - is this it?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 01, 2017 at 12:55 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Is the german Westeros Mod stable as a base?

It's stable enough, certenly more stable than the mods that use westeros 0.53 as it's base. I've played campaings up to almost 200 turns with only a couple of random crashes, which is pretty standard even for the original game. However the most stable mod of this kind is " A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE " by auc162, barely any crash at all...
    Last edited by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon; August 01, 2017 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    It's stable enough, certenly more stable than the mods that use westeros 0.53 as it's base. I've played campaings up to almost 200 turns with only a couple of random crashes, which is pretty standard even for the original game. However the most stable mod of this kind is " A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE " by auc162, barely any crash at all...
    Yep, while that mod has a really huge map it would be almost impossible to use it as a base.

Remember that the guy has like 50-100 versions of one unit, and has occupied all the 500 free unit slots - i'd have to replace each entry and there are no entries for such a huge amount of different houses/factions. Plus hidden resources and things would also be troublesome.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Yep, while that mod has a really huge map it would be almost impossible to use it as a base.

Remember that the guy has like 50-100 versions of one unit, and has occupied all the 500 free unit slots - i'd have to replace each entry and there are no entries for such a huge amount of different houses/factions. Plus hidden resources and things would also be troublesome.
    Yeah i know what you mean. The German mod without any of it's stolen contents would be a pretty good base and as i said it's stable enough, the only problem i encountered while playing it is that during battle for some weird reason you will lose control of some of your units for a minute of two, don't know why, their command buttons turn grey and you can't control them at all, which in a battle may result in a defeat. As for their scripts they are amazing and very detailed but they are currently in german , luckily for me i know german but i would still prefer to play it in english.
    Last edited by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon; August 01, 2017 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean. The German mod without any of it's stolen contents would be a pretty good base and as i said it's stable enough, the only problem i encountered while playing it is that during battle for some weird reason you will lose control of some of your units for a minute of two, don't know why, their command buttons turn grey and you can't control them at all, which in a battle may result in a defeat. As for their scripts they are amazing and very detailed but they are currently in german , luckily for me i know german but i would still prefer to play it in english.
    I managed to make Essos passable in ASoIaF - that map would be really cool. But it would be too much work to replace everything in it - we'll see what i decide to do, but it's true most Westeros 0.54 mods are too unstable and CTD too much.

The problem with the german mod is that it's in german obviously. And that it has alot of stolen content that i need to replace, but sure - it is the best option if i could remove the stolen content and get past the german-barrier as i only understand very little german due to Swedish being somewhat alike. But there are still big differences and i mostly understand certain words.

- The Havamal

I could help with the translation.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

This doesn't require a new thread. I highly suggest keeping away from that project in all forms.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Time and time again the The moderators of closed threats related to the German mod.

Would it not a good idea just to wait for soul finish his map as it is alot better than the German one. That has always seemed a bit squat to me and doesn't have alot of the important castles. I think they are changing the map aswell to make it bigger for version 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Would it not a good idea just to wait for soul finish his map as it is alot better than the German one. That has always seemed a bit squat to me and doesn't have alot of the important castles. I think they are changing the map aswell to make it bigger for version 3.0.
    SGI:s map would be awesome, but changing and replacing the map is no guarantee for a stable mod - possibly we could still use another base-mod to get it stable.

- The Havamal

Be honest Mr_Nygren, you are crazy, brazen or just very cheeky. Do you seriously want to steal a complete modification? This is criminal. You kick the rules of the TWC with your feet. I hope the moderators stop this as soon as possible. That would be a big shame for the TWC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Time and time again the The moderators of closed threats related to the German mod.
    I have not closed it because I don't see any harm in discussing it. But if you guys posted links or similar actions I would have to do something about it.

Though I would say I would have appreciated it more if submodders we're more interested in fixing the bugs of 1.0 to release it faster than we can do on our own.
    I have seen the German mod. Ours is far more superior.
    Last edited by Toho; August 01, 2017 at 02:03 PM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I have not closed it because I don't see any harm in discussing it. But if you guys posted links or similar actions I would have to do something about it.

Though I would say I would have appreciated it more if submodders we're more interested in fixing the bugs of 1.0 to release it faster than we can do on our own.
    thank you Toho for your explanation I only mention that because in the past this specific topic as gun heated at times

Quote Originally Posted by florida_men View Post
    Be honest Mr_Nygren, you are crazy, brazen or just very cheeky. Do you seriously want to steal a complete modification? This is criminal. You kick the rules of the TWC with your feet. I hope the moderators stop this as soon as possible. That would be a big shame for the TWC!!!
    The thing is, that if i replace all the strat_models, the battle models, the map with SGI:s map when it's done and then the factions not in GoT:TW with the GoT:TW factions - then it would basically be Game of Thrones: Total War on a stable ground. - Keeping the scripts is fine, i've read scripts ain't something you can refuse to let others use.

Of course before SGI:s map is done the old map would be there though - but this would require much work so i believe SGI will be done before me. - Basically this would mean a new mod with a stable ground to stand on - nothing but the scripts would be left from the German mod.

- The Havamal

If you guys are willing you could send me the Westeros 1.0 beta and i could transform it inte a Game of Thrones: Total war-mod with the TV-show units also.

The thing is i can work constantly this month but after this i will be busy with studies. It wouldn't be done very soon - is it heavily plagued with bugs though?

Or is it already more stable than 0.54 and it's many submods?

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    If you guys are willing you could send me the Westeros 1.0 beta and i could transform it inte a Game of Thrones: Total war-mod with the TV-show units also.

The thing is i can work constantly this month but after this i will be busy with studies. It wouldn't be done very soon - is it heavily plagued with bugs though?

Or is it already more stable than 0.54 and it's many submods?
    its mainly coding and bug fixing.
    All the faction are done so there is no reason to mess with units.
    For more information speak with HxM, if you are not talented in these areas then there is not much you can offer to help 1.0 release.

its mainly coding and bug fixing.
    All the faction are done so there is no reason to mess with units.
    For more information speak with HxM, if you are not talented in these areas then there is not much you can offer to help 1.0 release.
    I am pretty good with coding, but not necessarily scripting.

Yeah, i would love to help you guys because then when 1.0 is out it would open doors for much better submods.

Also, would like to playtest it like SGI and take a look at it if you'd like.

- The Havamal

Contact HxM then, he can give you all the details.
    Oh and good luck

Contact HxM then, he can give you all the details.
    Oh and good luck
    I'll do that, thanks .

And btw, based on SGI:s videos that map is gorgeous and the units are the best i've seen based on the books.

- The Havamal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

While a discussion of the banned mod in retrospect might promote the original mod as well as the OP's initial idea the mod is still banned here. As such that's the end of this thread (minus a couple of posts).
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 01, 2017 at 10:45 PM.