Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I cant stop cheating

Default I cant stop cheating

is there a way to disable cheats for a campaign because i have a chronic cheating problem the only way i can stop myself is to play a hot seat campaign with a friend.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: I cant stop cheating

Cheating by reloading battles or turns, using the console or stakes or what?
    Last edited by Byg; May 03, 2012 at 03:08 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I know that it is possible to "disable" cheats. Start a hotseat game for 1 player and disable console commands.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378061

Paragon's Avatar Senator

You know that's a chronic problem and if it expands outside the game you should tell your loved ones about it
    You could always wait for the SS 7.0 very hard version that among others things turns off the console
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Patrician

There should be some kind of counseling available here on the forum.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

The first step is acknowledging you have a problem, so you're on the right track. We're here for you buddy.
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

How does a chronic cheating problem feel? Does it feel bad?

You could be off worse - see, I have a chronic honesty problem. I never even considered using the cheat console a single time. I do not use any obvious exploits (like protecting merchants with forts, killing heretics by surrounding them with armies etc.). Only reload if I am systematically trying something out to better understand game mechanics, but never when really playing campaigns. If someone on the forums considers something completely normal as "cheating" (using stakes, charging with cavalry or the like (you get the weirdest concepts of cheating here)), I will always have a bad conscience when I am doing it. I only play on the highest difficulty levels with BGR IV-E and everything else on (and I feel bad already, since BGR V is out - am I cheating by NOT downloading and using it?).

All this makes the life of a player soooo hard. I wish I could cheat. But I can't. No. I have to go the hardest way all the time, and boy, it is... hard. Would you want to have my honesty problem? And what of the going-to-the-forums-too-often-to-look-for-new-posts problem? The realizing-how-late-it-got-over-playing-SS 6.4 problem? Arrrgh...

Yes, we need someone to take care of all this on the forums...

i hope they will not dissable console bcoz i like watching event in world by toggle_fow cheat

Paragon's Avatar Senator

That's only for very hard

Also yeah Roachbugg, my pet bunny was a compulsive cheater too, and know thanks to the power of friendship and 2 pills a day he's ok! He even has stopped spitting blood!

Most of the time.

Strengelicher being honest is not a problem, it's the solution (?), so you are always applying the solution, even when there is no problem and that's your problem.

Wait, what?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Strengelicher View Post
    (and I feel bad already, since BGR V is out - am I cheating by NOT downloading and using it?).
    Yes, obviously. By not using it you have escaped into a soft, padded, flowery world.
    Last edited by Byg; May 03, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Hi.... Im Andy and I have a problem... I cheat.

I just cant help myself, the game is going great then all of the sudden I just type in " add_money 999999999999999999" and BLAM! I win!

Any help with my addiction would be gladly appreciated.

But on a serious note if you have a problem cheating just stop man, its not like your brain has some sort of chemical addiction to it, just ing stop.

I try but ill be impaiten with waiting for something to build and ill open the majic console and type process_cq city name ill want a fortress and add population to stuff ill want an Ezio Alditore assassin to kill the pope with and give him good traits i cant seem to stop my self. every time i tell my self im not going to cheat this campain all of a sudden ten turns in wazam i hit ~

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Yea but doesnt cheating always up your campaign?

no it just makes it easy as Lindsy Lohan.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roachbugg View Post
    no it just makes it easy as Lindsy Lohan.....
    Ah yes. I can already see the headlines: Roachbugg arrested for cheating in public.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roachbugg View Post
    I try but ill be impaiten with waiting for something to build and ill open the majic console and type process_cq city name ill want a fortress and add population to stuff ill want an Ezio Alditore assassin to kill the pope with and give him good traits i cant seem to stop my self. every time i tell my self im not going to cheat this campain all of a sudden ten turns in wazam i hit ~
    You can always remove the key.

I could try that....

The Mouth's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Strengelicher View Post
    Ah yes. I can already see the headlines: Roachbugg arrested for cheating in public.
    Do you people really feel the need to make pointless posts insulting him?

All you have to do is start a hotseat campaign, select a single faction to play with (You don't even need to have an internet connection) and then check the box that says "Disable/enable console" or something along those lines.

Or as Paragon said get rid of the key binding.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
    Do you people really feel the need to make pointless posts insulting him?

All you have to do is start a hotseat campaign, select a single faction to play with (You don't even need to have an internet connection) and then check the box that says "Disable/enable console" or something along those lines.

Or as Paragon said get rid of the key binding.
    dont think that was meant as an insult.

Artifex

What the... reloading isn't cheating, nor is using stakes. Those functions are normal game features, albeit potentially boring to the point of ruining the fun of a campaign but that is another issue. If those things are cheating, so is elaborate rear and flank attacks and skillful cooperation between unit types, stacked pikemen lines, crossbowmen deliberately and wisely placed at the end of a wall and so on and so on... which are things the ai is equally incapable of...

Why not start a story about your camapign? Perhaps the encouragement from readers will make you feel honour-bound to not cheat?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast