Thread: date of release?

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default date of release?

hi guys. someone guess the release date?
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: date of release?

Maybe end of the year or start of next year.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

thank you!
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Excellent if this turns out to be true! Something to look forward too, with a pinch of extra patience. Best of luck, you stalwart modders!

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    Maybe end of the year or start of next year.
    maybe never is more accurate ...
    I doubt he has done any coding at all ....... Coffin ?
    All that is here are some very nice Previews with models all used by permission from other mods .
    That's all fine & should make for swift work in releasing a Beta ...... but alas , every few months we only get a few more pictures of previews of models that are already done .... hmmmmmm ??
    I think WiseCoffin just fancies himself as a producer of sorts .......

If you want to play a Rise of Persia Mod , the guys over at the Org have a Beta Release that runs on the original MTW .
    As waiting for this Wise Coffins release is like waiting for the second coming of Christ .

I am hopeful. He has the old Rise of Persia to use as a base. He must be coding as well, why would he not be coding if he was just making units. I think Rise of Persia 3 might be a bit delayed, but it will be released. Some models I notice are new, like the kyrinaioi ippeis. He is working alone, so it will take some time, but it will be released.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

"he has the old Rise of Persia to use as a base" ....... yes he does but I am almost 100% certain he said he would be starting from scratch ! ... brand new !! ... sad news is "he has not started " nothing has ever been posted about that .

"he must be coding as well" ...... probably not yet started , see my opinion above .

"he is working alone , so it will take some time" ....... what work ? "producing previews"
    we had Previews over a decade ago .

"but it will be released " ............. I doubt it very much , don't expect it anytime soon , at least not by this guy

Wise Coffin ..... tell the few here how far you have progressed ? ........ 1% ? 5% .....???

Lets be hopeful then, we should give everyone a chance. The map might be near completion, after all, I do remember a picture of it a while back, it was one with Cyrus the Great. So it is probably in development. I feel it could very well be ready by the start of next year, maybe Jan-Feb. I do have hope. I do not feel trickery is at play here, after all, why waste time on previews to lead people to believing that the mod is being made if he is not making the mod, it doesn't make sense, he must be making it. I do remember a person in the past offering help on the map, the map I think is semi-ready. I do have hope. I am confident it will be released in time

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Let me be clear, i am no professional modder or anything. I am just a fan of this mod that is trying to get this version ready, since the actual modders that left this version made it so unplayable. Also being a modder does not give me any money and i am trying to make a youtube channel and writting books; so i only work on rise of persia whend i can. But i will always try to make this releasable, on to the standarts of the previous modders; since there are certain features and ways that the buildings are that i do not fancy, but i will not be changing that.

Lets be hopeful then, we should give everyone a chance. The map might be near completion, after all, I do remember a picture of it a while back, it was one with Cyrus the Great. So it is probably in development. I feel it could very well be ready by the start of next year, maybe Jan-Feb. I do have hope. I do not feel trickery is at play here, after all, why waste time on previews to lead people to believing that the mod is being made if he is not making the mod, it doesn't make sense, he must be making it. I do remember a person in the past offering help on the map, the map I think is semi-ready. I do have hope. I am confident it will be released in time

I understand, I have seen the channel. Everybody is busy, I just had exams. What don't you like about the buildings? Their lack of variety? Their appearance on the battle map during sieges?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Mainly is the way that recruitment is handled; with only having one type of building tree; like previously you would have barracks for infantry and stables for horses, now is one single building bree on the lines of anexation, assimilation, kingdom, confederacy, and the likes, that develops.

I understand, I have seen the channel. Everybody is busy, I just had exams. What don't you like about the buildings? Their lack of variety? Their appearance on the battle map during sieges?

Daminios's Avatar Civis

hmmmmm ........
    You never answered any of my questions WiseCoffin

I think what the Rise of Persia Mod needs is for Version 2 to be worked on & improved , perhaps a patch or even a re-release
    I mean , its all their downloadable & playable , & with some tweaking & balancing & even a tech tree reworking ......... it would be more fun & playable !!
    & who knows , if it gets the Bogia "ModPack" treatment it may never need anything more .
    So the Wise Coffin , you can take as long as you need to prepare your all new version 3 .