Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

Default Re: I'm Playing Dominion of the Sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    I am a developer and have access to the latest versions.
    Oh, question, don't know if you can answer but what do you have planned for the romans unit wise? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Oh, question, don't know if you can answer but what do you have planned for the romans unit wise? Just curious.
    Hi sorry I can't answer that. I just work on the music and the map and a few other bits and bobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius The UnOrthodox View Post
    Well still great news i thought development stop.
    I stopped developing the game as I left the map and music in a good state but wasn't prepared to do any other jobs on the game as I'd only signed up to help with the map in the first place. Now we have a couple of new guys who are fixing some of the other problems with the game so I'm working on the game again getting the map looking better as the game is progressing and improving in areas which needed work.

Are you guys still implementing historical settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCRUDER View Post
    Are you guys still implementing historical settlements?
    That's been put on hold, possibly indefinitely, until we have a fully working game. We're not too far from achieving that now finally. I wouldn't hold out too much hope about historical settlements if I were you because I don't think we have anyone left on the team who's able or has the time to do that.

i may sound childish but i need to say it:
    IT'S HAPPENING !!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't say how much excited i am for this, i literally once dreamed i was playing dots, literally
    now i need to get out to control myself..
    and wear my armour, i am ready for this !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    i may sound childish but i need to say it:
    IT'S HAPPENING !!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't say how much excited i am for this, i literally once dreamed i was playing dots, literally
    now i need to get out to control myself..
    and wear my armour, i am ready for this !!!!
    I became incredibly excited and had a huge rush of euphoria when I started playing it for the first time. I was so excited that it was actually working I found it hard to sleep. The game is still a work in progress but it's actually playable although it still needs some / a lot of work. Some factions are more playable than others and most of the non-original game (DotS, Rusichi etc) unit models (the individual soldiers you see on the battlefield) still need to be put in. Each faction's economy and resources also needs a lot of work. But most factions have armies and what you start with in 1080 is playable. Currently for most factions you can't recruit much more than peasants for soldiers so there's still work needing to be done there. Still, it's quite wonderful to play the damned thing finally after so many years.
    Last edited by Space_Ed; May 05, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

the important thing is someday we will truly play this beast !!!

is the economy of the settlements historical and so unchangeable ? or there is room to some adaptation to fit a bit gameplay ?
    if the later is the answer maybe i can help, one of the my favourite aspects of tw is the economy and it's the area wich is the most neglected in pretty much every mod
    i usually adapt it to what i want in the game (albeit most of the times i only reduce the global economy or increase unit cost to have less stacks around)
    i don't think adaptation is what the dot's economy needs, as in my view it should be based on history
    but if you guys need someone to try some new formula to it, i can be your guy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    i usually work mostly with settlement mechanics (in this casethe SI area), unit costs in edu and buildings in edb, desc_strat rarely for fixed incomes aka kings purses and campaign script, those are the ways wich i normally use to fine tune it

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post

the important thing is someday we will truly play this beast !!!

is the economy of the settlements historical and so unchangeable ? or there is room to some adaptation to fit a bit gameplay ?
    if the later is the answer maybe i can help, one of the my favourite aspects of tw is the economy and it's the area wich is the most neglected in pretty much every mod
    i usually adapt it to what i want in the game (albeit most of the times i only reduce the global economy or increase unit cost to have less stacks around)
    i don't think adaptation is what the dot's economy needs, as in my view it should be based on history
    but if you guys need someone to try some new formula to it, i can be your guy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    i usually work mostly with settlement mechanics (in this casethe SI area), unit costs in edu and buildings in edb, desc_strat rarely for fixed incomes aka kings purses and campaign script, those are the ways wich i normally use to fine tune it
    If you could help us implement a realistic economy that'd be fantastic.

I've not paid any real attention to how the economy is planned to work so can't answer your questions.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Are the faction transitions (e.g. Fatimids -> Ayyubids -> Mamluks) going to be implemented ?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Not for the next few builds no, we are happily pacing ourselves so that we get through bugs as systematically as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    This is not a complete list, and some of it might be wrong/have changed or represent rebels in their areas, they also include some of the foreign mercenaries that will be available through special buildings. I know that a few units are missing from this list such as the Anatolian and Balkan regional units such as Turcomen horse archers etc. They have one of the largest rosters and most complex variety of recruitment in the game, so not everything is in this list. Keep in mind that the CBUR project began as part of Dominion of the Sword, we will be incorporating that into our work along with our old friends Bulgaria TW.

Dromon Fleet Dromon Fleet
    Capital Dromon Fleet Pamphyloi
    armoured arbelesters Tzangratores
    Byzantine Marines (elite melée crossbowmen) Karabisianoi
    Flamethrowers Cheirosiphōnes
    Frontier cavalry Akrítai
    Guard cataphracts Oriarioi
    Light cavalry Koursores
    latin crossbowmen Gasmouloi
    Latin Knights Kavalarioi
    Fort guards Tzakones
    imperial agents Vestiaritai
    Imperial bodyguard Spatharioi tou Vasileos
    Immortals Athanatoi
    Spearmen Lonchephoroi
    Shieldbearers Stratiotai
    Greek Villeins Paroikoi
    Early Cataphracts Klivanarioi
    Sons of leaders Archontopouloi
    Varangians Varangoi
    Bogomil Dissidents Massaliani
    Italian Gunners Schiopetteri
    Great Cumans Kun bejek
    Cuman Mild peasants' Yavaş
    Cuman Marshalls Chavush
    Norman Cavalry Normanni
    Roger de Flor's Catalan Company Companyia Catalana d'Orient
    Knights Milites
    Buckler men Rotulari
    Armored Infantry Armigeri militum
    Infantry of the plebs Pedites plebei
    Sergeants Servientes
    archers Sagitarii
    Arbalesters Arbalestres
    Crossbowmen Balesteri

If you could help us implement a realistic economy that'd be fantastic.

I've not paid any real attention to how the economy is planned to work so can't answer your questions.
    i'd love to

dear god... it's... it's alive! i'm all warm inside with anticipation. good luck finishing the thing, guys!
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Foederatus

great news

The excited one's Avatar Senator

I am a developer and have access to the latest versions.
    did you found any bug during the game? Sounds like a successful playtest to me.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    did you found any bug during the game? Sounds like a successful playtest to me.
    There are a few bugs as it's still in development but there are a lot fewer bugs than before.

There are a few bugs as it's still in development but there are a lot fewer bugs than before.
    impressive, I wish you luck in further playtesting and enjoy the game as much as we do once alpha version is released
    (george orwell 1984)

It's amazing!
    Will there be new battle animations or sea battles?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCRUDER View Post
    Will there be new battle animations or sea battles?
    this is Medieval 2 m8 there ain't any sea battles.....
    (george orwell 1984)

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

The next release will focus on units, we are currently drafting in all the best looking and most historical looking units we can find. There will still be a few issues, like some units not looking like the right era sometimes, but overall the game will be much more fun and most of all battles will start to feel like they should. I hope we can get all the faction banners right for the battles too. We are also coding the area of recruitment so the campaign should flow better, and buildings will be in the right places- no more 'Greenland Colony' option in Denmark! I'm also trying to get a few surprises added in but it is too soon to talk about them yet, I am also hoping for a small aesthetic refresh like an updated intro video etc. If anyone has some photoshop skills and would like to help us with a new splashscreen/loadingscreen or two please PM me. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT GUYS, IT MEANS A LOT!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast