Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Junius's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Curial election commentary thread

Being a Citizen for nearly a year and I've yet to hold any office here. Thought this would be my chance, but there are loads of applicants. Jom, St. Nicholas and Megas, don't hold your breath for a place, not until I get a seat first .
    Proud to be under the patronage of Calvin.
    Patron of Lysimachus

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by Junius View Post
    Being a Citizen for nearly a year and I've yet to hold any office here. Thought this would be my chance, but there are loads of applicants. Jom, St. Nicholas and Megas, don't hold your breath for a place, not until I get a seat first .
    I've been a Citizen for over a year and I've still yet to hold an office

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Two of the three incumbents aren't re-applying this time around though, so we will either get new blood or that lazy old codger Trax.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

There is plenty of room for the aspiring to make it. Of course in three months when it is time to through the bums out...

As it is, I am leaving for a spell. More than one has noted my cranky behavior. It is time for a rest.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Junius View Post
    TWC Members and Citizens are made of sterner stuff. You wonna make a splash, here's a golden gift....

Flush little know nothing, got lucky Mega down the pipes. TotW challenge/Duel sub-forum. Make your move.... Call it...

+ new citizen viability assessment.

- showing the swaddling babe the ropes.

There are many creative ways to garner curial support and focus. For example those that invested in the last CdeC vote who did not make it. Yes they were disappointed but hopefully they understood that their initial exposure to CdeC events was indeed noticed and a foundation for future CdeC and Curial victories was laid. Yes admittedly there is popularity element involved in ALL political arenas. Not just the one which is center stage here.

My recommendation to all CdeC and Curial candidates is to initially embrace site exposure and then narrow the spectrum to one's particular area of focus.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; May 03, 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: grammar:
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    There is plenty of room for the aspiring to make it. Of course in three months when it is time to through the bums out...

As it is, I am leaving for a spell. More than one has noted my cranky behavior. It is time for a rest.
    your efforts are well appreciated, if you do change your mind, my vote is yours

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Elzabar View Post
    I've been a Citizen for over a year and I've still yet to hold an office
    You are a moderator, though. That's something, at least.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    You are a moderator, though. That's something, at least.
    You're freshly hatched, are you not? What's the rush? From what I gather you earned you're stripes in the D&D, definitely not a place for the faint hearted. The key to progression is abiding to your passions, and knowing that the opportunities will come. In many instances, one is a victim of the "Hey you" phenomena. One day you sign on and there's a message that say's "Hey you", go here and get to work...

Blind faith in yourself and others....ftw...

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

Well I wasn't saying it in a sort of jealous fashion, just saying that holding the position of moderator is an accolade in itself, although a Curial position is always nice too I'm sure.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Well I wasn't saying it in a sort of jealous fashion, just saying that holding the position of moderator is an accolade in itself, although a Curial position is always nice too I'm sure.

Well I wasn't saying it in a sort of jealous fashion,
    Of course not. Please reread what I wrote... it was not personalizied.

Patrician Citizen

Oh yeah, CdeCers get all the ladies.

or dudes... if that's your thing

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post

Or Bessy.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Or Bessy.
    BAH! you have no sense of gradure. I'm hoping for a threesome with garb and jim

Ooooo..weeeee. Did not know that. Cut me a slice off of this then, and send "Wall of Text" Master the bill...

Patrician

Naughty, naughty! (though those young men do look rather buff)

The truth is that I am not running to retain my position because the CdeC dining room needs a new chef and the entire club facilities need a large redecoration.

The important thing is for all to cast your votes. This is a great pool of candidates, but only three will be seated.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

CdeC Snack Bar...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Meh.... A bit too stuffed Shirty for my tastes.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

may i just express the best of luck to my fellow candidates

Patrician Citizen

Congratulations to Elzabar and Leonidas for attaining seats in this election, second or third or fourth or whateverth time seems to be the charm!

I'd also like to thank those who voted for me for their confidence in my service, which I hope I can reciprocate for one more term.

Congratulations to Elzabar and Leonidas for attaining seats in this election, second or third or fourth or whateverth time seems to be the charm!

I'd also like to thank those who voted for me for their confidence in my service, which I hope I can reciprocate for one more term.
    Gracious in victory I see, AL, although we should also extend our congratulations to Trax who, as the 4th place candidate, will be taking up the seat vacated by Heinz following his resignation.

Congratulations to everyone!

Patrician

I was not aware that the replace would come from an election already in progress? Where was that announced? I missed it.