Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII is Released!

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Default RTR VII is Released!

Rome Total Realism VII

INTRODUCTION
    RTRVII Concepts The Rome Total Realism team is proud to announce the release of RTRVII. This is the third and final part of the RTRVII project, which started with the release of RTR: The Iberian Conflict (TIC), in January 2008, was followed by RTRVII: Fate of Empires (FOE), in November 2009, and now reaches its culmination here, in RTRVII.

It is with great pride that we present this project to the greater community. Total War Center has been a marvellous home and has been central to the development of this mod. Without the insight of our friends, fans, and partners this project would not be as great as it is today. The developers of this mod thoroughly enjoyed each and every step of the process which led to the culmination of our efforts. We hope that you, as the player, will have as much fun playing, as we had developing RTRVII.
    The Map The RTR VII map is essentially an extension of the map from RTR VII: Fate of Empires. The map extends north and encompasses all of Gaul, while extending east to the Black Sea. South of the Balkans there is Greece, and east of the Aegean Sea there is Ionia. All the regions from RTRVII: FOE (Iberian, North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Epirus, and Southern Gaul) will be included.

The intention of the RTR VII map is to explore the Western Mediterranean in great detail. We hope to provide the player with an immersive and unique experience that accurately represents the geopolitical situation during the time period.
    The Factions
    SPQR
    Dynasty of Aiakides
    Independent Dynasties
    Independent City-States
    Dynasty of Antigonos
    League of Aitolia
    City-State of Sparta
    Republic of Carthago
    Kingdom of the Illyrioi
    Confederacy of the Lusitani
    Kingdom of the Arverni
    Barbarian Tribes
    Kingdom of the Aedui
    Confederacy of the Getai
    League of Achaia
    Kingdom of the Massyli
    Kingdom of the Norici
    Confederacy of the Celtiberi
    Dynasty of Attalos
    Free Peoples

New Features
    Strat Map The new strategy map is based around the concept of detail and quality. From the outset of the development process, the intent of the developers was to create an immersive environment in which the player can manage his empire in a historically accurate setting. This means that the RTRVII map has been "zoomed in" in order to create a more detailed environment.

Players should also notice that there are many unique elements to RTRVII that are very rare amongst other mods. Nearly all of the models on the campaign map have been redone, including the settlements and naval vessels. The RTRVII strategy map bears almost no resemblance to RTR 6 or Vanilla. The new map truly is a piece art which we are sure our fans will enjoy.

MES RTR VII will use a polished version of the economical system which you will already have used in RTRVII: Fate of Empires. This means that you will have to make important choices, which will influence the further development of a settlement.

Every region has certain resources, around which the economical system has been set up. Once you have gained access to a resource, you will be able to use it in that particular region to build up an industry. In other regions you will be able to do this too, but then you'll first have to construct an 'import building'. Each economical building tree has specific bonusses, and as your settlement grows you will be able to develop more industries. Like this, it's up to you what you want your economy to look like!

Spies The use of spies has been completely revamped in RTR VII, which adds a new tactical dynamic to the game. A freshly recruited spy will have different functions, which you will have to utulise to fully benefit from them. In his home settlement, a spie will provide stability bonusses. However, in adjacent regions he will cause unrest and help to integrate a newly conquered region into your empire.

Roman Leadership System The Roman Leadership System implemented in Rome Total Realism VII is based on the Cursus Honorum of ancient Rome. Players utilizing the Romans will notice that each family member is designated a role. These family members will be best suited to preform assignments and duties that they would have been presented with during the time of the Roman Republic. All family members are capable of climbing the Cursus Honorum, however they will be need to accomplish historical requirements before they can climb each rank.

Family members with different roles will have different abilities. For example, Praetors will hold imperium within friendly provinces, but not outside of Roman territory. Aediles will have administrative abilities within settlements, but not outside of settlements. This means that different family members will be more suited to accomplish a task than others.

The system will consist of two parts: a trait and an ancillary. When a family member becomes eligible for a certain office, a trait telling so will appear. To actually benefit from it, he will have to travel to Rome itself to get the ancillary connected to the trait. When the character is in an area which is part of his imperium, for instance when a new aedilis gets into a settlement, the combination will start working. This is visible through a trait and the fact that a character gets command, management and influence bonusses connected to his office.

RTR VII Main Intro

Last edited by DukeCanada; September 05, 2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Default Re: RTR VII is Released!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Yes!!!!!!!

Finally

WELL DONE GUYS!!!

I hope y'all will have fun playing the mod as much as we had making it!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    I hope y'all will have fun playing the mod as much as we had making it!

I'm sure we will, when did this project under this team actually start?

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MannybeingManny View Post
    I'm sure we will, when did this project under this team actually start?
    Depends, do you mean all the way back to TIC, or just RTRVII?
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCanada View Post
    Depends, do you mean all the way back to TIC, or just RTRVII?

I guess back to TIC, which I never played, I always wanted to wait for the full campaign.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

I believe the development of TIC started sometime in early 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I believe the development of TIC started sometime in early 2007.

LOL!!!

Crazy, i;m entering the third year of my History degree soon, and then I wasn't even at college.

So it Begins.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ic5cewq78kt4odk

SOUND THE CHARGE TAKE THEM HEAD ON , CHAAAARGE.

Cya In MP. Hey Tone where is that MP hamachi network ?

Now to download from the internets...

A heartfelt thanks to everyone who played a part in creating this mod. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by many people. I absolutely love that my favourite game is consistently updated and upgraded via the mods made altruistic people such as yourselves.

Last edited by Sphere; September 01, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

I've sacked Rome many times on Europa Barbarorum.

Can't wait to do it again!
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Congratulations and thanks for all of the hard work. It's been a long time and it's great that you guys were able to finally finish it. Thank you.
    Birthdays are healthy for you. Statistics show that those who have more of them live longer.

I'm four years in as Sparta. Man this is tough. I'm -17000 denarii in the hole, but have three cities now and a stabilized economy. I like it better than EB so far. Props to you devs.

I'm curious, do you plan to add in "Historical Battles" later? The reason I ask is because my friends and I use the battle editor frequently to play out key battles in a hotseat campaign we have going.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Have fun, everyone!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast