Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots/Download of my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers and More Hessians) +Now with Sharpe's Rifles

Default Screenshots/Download of my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers and More Hessians) +Now with Sharpe's Rifles

Using various tutorials, ive now got this packaged as a single new .pack file that can be drag and dropped in the game directory. New unit count is currently 3. When I do a few more, I'll release it. Also as im not really after any sort of kudos, I'll happily give my data files over to someone who's making their own, bigger, new unit mod and they can go in it. Im only making units for my own enjoyment anyway.

So unit #1
    British - Royal Marines (Max 3 Globally Recruitable)
    Similar stats to line infantry. Using the ship marine model and textures to put the marines from the ships into the game as a unit. Will be tweaking that over the next few days, as well as creating their own info page and icon. Will also try and do US and Generic versions.

Unit #2 (I posted somewhere else)
    British - Irish Guards (Max 1 Recruitable in UK)
    Basically I used the stats from the coldstream guard unit and the texture and model from the irish regiment. This was my first tester unit which I'll develop as I can

Unit #3
    British - Hessian Jaeger Infantry (Max 4 Recruitable in the americas)
    A light infantry unit to partner the Hessian Line Infantry (Also plan on doing a grenadier version). Using the prussian Jaegar textures and models with some stat changes suitable for mercanarys.

Currently the .pack file is deployable but Ive found ive had to edit the localisation.loc file in the games main patch.pack file in order to give the new units display names. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? because obviously the new unit display names would get over-written via the next patch. So my only way to distribute this is with a pack file, some instructions on editing the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script file and a tsv of the localisation text file which can be imported into the patch.pack via the pack editor.

So when ive done a few more units and sorted out the distribution question above, I'll give this out.

EDIT: Just Added Sharpe's Rifles (A smaller new unit based on the green jackets. Better shots, harder, faster, fewer in number. Only 1 recruitable)
    Last edited by warmachine; March 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added the rifles

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Screenshots from my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish Guards and More Hessians)

this are nice pics, but if I would open for every thing I mod a thread, there will be only my threads here.

Look for the 11545184 other, where you can post them.

HERE:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...32#post4752032
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Screenshots from my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish Guards and More Hessians)

great skins man!!

They arent skins, nor should they be in my texture experiment/discussion thread. These are new entries and changes in the db files to put new unit lines in the game. The texturing/skinning part is probably the easier element.

The Kahn's Avatar Civis

I like the new units you made. Do you think that you could upload what you have so far somewhere?

Mr Tom's Avatar Decanus

Sweet have you considered adding the Highlanders from Brandywine Creek Also?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

definately cool.excellent work

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by warmachine View Post
    Currently the .pack file is deployable but Ive found ive had to edit the localisation.loc file in the games main patch.pack file in order to give the new units display names. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? because obviously the new unit display names would get over-written via the next patch. So my only way to distribute this is with a pack file, some instructions on editing the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script file and a tsv of the localisation text file which can be imported into the patch.pack via the pack editor.

So when ive done a few more units and sorted out the distribution question above, I'll give this out.
    Well, the only real way to do it, that I have found;

Create a new pack, make it a patch pack. Import the entire localisation.loc file to this new patch pak. Do your edits there BUT leave everything else in it! Seems to not work if I clear out everything but the changes I make.

This way it will not overwrite anyone's vanilla files, but will allow for a whole rewrite of the localisation.loc, which is the only way I've gotten it to work for me.

There are no problems doing it this way, as I said it does not mess with vanilla and as a patch pack file, it doesn't even need to be in the user.empire script.

--

Hope this helps!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

just added another unit: Sharpes Rifles. Who needs rogers rangers?

Also added a custom unit icon for it
    Last edited by warmachine; March 22, 2009 at 07:32 AM.

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Screenshots from my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish Guards and More Hessians) +Now with Sharpe's Rifles

Hahahahaha, the unit icon is classic! Well done!

Default Re: Screenshots from my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish Guards and More Hessians) +Now with Sharpe's Rifles

nice units!! wish i was that good at modding can i or when can i download them?? would be realy sweet to have sharpes rifles

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by warmachine View Post
    just added another unit: Sharpes Rifles. Who needs rogers rangers?

Also added a custom unit icon for it
    Muahaha!

But they need darker shakos
    Release them pleeeaaasee!!!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Great job warmachine! you should do a stand alone version for the marines and good luck making the ui for them.

Edit: I put together a list of faction that should have marines a while ago, but here it is again. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212125

British - Royal Marines
    13 Colonies/U.S. - Continental Marines
    Netherlands - Mariniers
    France - Troupes de marine (I think there is a french marine unit in the game though)
    Spain - Infantería de Marina
    Portugal - Fuzileiros
    Denmark - Marines?
    Last edited by Kinjo; March 22, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

ok this is a WIP, so im NOT supporting it. You can install and use if you want to play around (all the units are available in battles and campaign) If you dont understand how to use the pack manager or have basic empire mod questions, do not ask me. Instead just read the forums like the rest of us have done.

Unzip attachment

- Put the unitmod2.pack file in your data directory with your other pack files. (mine is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data)
    - Put the script text file in your script directory (mine is C:\Users\Wayne\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts)
    - Use the pack manager to import the localisation tsv (via the import tsv button) into your localisation.loc file in patch_en.pack (This is the only way i can make the unit names show up)

This probably wont work on non-english installs. As I said its a work in progress, so if you cant make it work, or dont know how to make it work, do not ask. (And obv backup any changed files before hand). This is a WIP mod I am making available for modders.

Also in this pack are some other units ive just done/testing (Mohawk Scouts, Welsh Guards, Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers and Marines for Franch, Spain, Netherlands and enabled the Hussars for GB). It also contains my reskinned light infantry and a few new icons (Sharpe's rifles and Hawkeye from Last of the Mohicans).

Ok thats enough for today, liverpool v villa is on (and I hate both of them)
    Last edited by warmachine; March 23, 2009 at 06:49 AM.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Screenshots/Download of my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers and More Hessians) +Now with Sharpe's Rifles

awesome

Default Re: Screenshots/Download of my WIP New Unit Mod (In game marines, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers and More Hessians) +Now with Sharpe's Rifles

Great work! However, though I don't want to be a nitpicker, I would like to point out that Hessian Jäger troops actually wore green. The image below shows Jägers from Hesse-Cassel, a unit that saw service in North America. (Frankly, white uniforms would be a bit odd for troops that are trained to hide in bushes and forests...)

ok ive removed the download because im almost ready to do a unit pack release

New (British) Units:
    Royal Marines (4 allowed) - The ship marine unit made recruitable (Similar stats to line)
    Irish Guards (1 allowed) - To compliment the coldstream guards in game unit
    Welsh Guards (1 allowed) - To compliment the coldstream guards in game unit
    Scots Guards (1 allowed) - To compliment the coldstream guards in game unit
    Sharpe's Rifles (1 allowed) - To compliment the green jackets in game unit. Similar to Rogers Rangers
    Connaught Rangers (1 allowed) - To compliment the line infantry in game unit (Stats wise, they sit between line and guard units)

New US Unit
    Continental Marines - The ship marine unit made recruitable

Other
    Spanish/French/Dutch Marine units (as above)

Ive also done some custom unit icons for all the guard, marine and rifle units.

All I need to do is create a highland infantry clone (to be used by GB when controlling scotland) and I'll package this up and release tonight.

Why do you set unit limits? I like your units but being limited to 1 is just silly. If you want to make them costly, make the initial and upkeep costs very high and slow to recruit.

dutch musketeer's Avatar Libertus

i like the way warmachine is going to do.

I like the limits. I find armies of elite units a bit stupid.
    Also the ones he's limited to a single recruit are unique regiments. It would be silly to have multiple Sharpes running around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast