Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italian Faction Historical Re-skin

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Italian Faction Historical Re-skin

My Italian factions re-skin will give historical uniforms for all the Italian factions (Genoa, Venice, Papal States, Piedmont-Savoy, and Naples) starting with Naples. If anyone wants to help that would be awesome. I have a good source (actual its just the source Remo found in the other dead mod for the Italian States) so info is no problem.

Neapolitan Line
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Updated

Revised

Source

Version 1 of Regiment of Horse

Source
    Last edited by Sun Devil; June 04, 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Default Re: Italian Faction Historical Re-skin

nice

I would make the pink a bit more reddish... oh and btw. please make screens while the units are in the sun!
    Also, give them white pants and try to remove the facings so the coat looks "closed"
    Quote Originally Posted by nabo1er View Post
    Obviously this Banzai fellow has never seen Parisian billboards soap adds near the airport. Nipples as big as cars! Well, small cars anyway.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268066
    My Retexture Project! Courland Done, Sweden next!

Updated the line unit.

Edit:
    I would make the pink a bit more reddish... oh and btw. please make screens while the units are in the sun!
    Also, give them white pants and try to remove the facings so the coat looks "closed"
    You pretty much beat me by like 5 min before I could update, but yea I'll try and get the jacket closed. Im not sure how you edit the pants, otherwise I would.
    Last edited by Sun Devil; June 03, 2009 at 03:23 PM.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Trojans View Post
    Updated the line unit.

Edit:

You pretty much beat me by like 5 min before I could update, but yea I'll try and get the jacket closed. Im not sure how you edit the pants, otherwise I would.
    Do you use Photoshop? If yes, then first select the pants part, then reduce the Saturation to -100 and then increase brightness and contrast (I used for the black pants contrast + 35 and Brightness+75) that gives a nice white pantie ^^

If you dont use Photoshop, do the same but with the tools given with your programm

Oh btw: Watch the details of the source, naples has a red "fly" at the tricorn, you see this? You should consider this in your skin, it increases realism and makes the unit special, since most just ignore the details of the units (though I dont as you see ^^)
    Last edited by Jared the Piper; June 03, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Obviously this Banzai fellow has never seen Parisian billboards soap adds near the airport. Nipples as big as cars! Well, small cars anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared the Piper View Post
    Do you use Photoshop? If yes, then first select the pants part, then reduce the Saturation to -100 and then increase brightness and contrast (I used for the black pants contrast + 35 and Brightness+75) that gives a nice white pantie ^^

If you dont use Photoshop, do the same but with the tools given with your programm

Oh btw: Watch the details of the source, naples has a red "fly" at the tricorn, you see this? You should consider this in your skin, it increases realism and makes the unit special, since most just ignore the details of the units (though I dont as you see ^^)
    I worded that bad. I know how to edit the pants, I'm just not sure which part on the skin it is when it is all flat for editing (Im pretty sure it is the part below the hat. And yea I was looking at that red thing on the hat, every time I look at the source again I see something new. This is my first skin so I'm kinda learning as I go while doing this.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Jupp, its right below the hat

What I do if I dont know what the skin-file wants to express, I take neon-yellow, paint it and see what happens on the model

You are doing fine, looking forward to your skins!

Forgot to mention earlier, I'm using GIMP.

Updated the line again with all white pants (in varying degrees of cleanliness). I originally did all of them with all stark white, but they reminded me of breast cancer storm troopers so I left the pants part on half of them dirty.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Good job!

Ok, well Ive begun work on the regiment of horse unit. I made two versions, and I'm not sure which one to go with. Later on once I have the main uniform done I'm going to add the white trim on the hat as well as the red flower thing. I got pretty lucky in that the base unit was already extremely similar to the historical one (when the faction colors arent there).

Formerly Vuvuzela

Well I remembered that Sicily has line red like this....

I did some skins of savoy and sicily
    here it is

Well the thing is, he made neapolitan line, you sicilian line. Since its the Kingdom of Naples and Sicily I guess there can be two versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared the Piper View Post
    Well the thing is, he made neapolitan line, you sicilian line. Since its the Kingdom of Naples and Sicily I guess there can be two versions.
    Maybe
    I also find that savoy and vinice are similar in uniform

Quote Originally Posted by ranger86 View Post
    Well I remembered that Sicily has line red like this....
    The Kingdom of Two Sicilies (or most Italian armies for that matter) didnt really have set uniforms like say the British did, who all had similar uniforms even before the standardization. Each regiment had very different uniforms, which depended partly on where they were recruited. The source I'm using (http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...&level=2&tword) has a ton of different line regiment uniforms, and I just picked this one because it was a lot more unique in comparison to others.

I'll probably finish the regiment of horse by July, but until July i'm super busy so my work will be slow.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Trojans View Post
    The Kingdom of Two Sicilies (or most Italian armies for that matter) didnt really have set uniforms like say the British did, who all had similar uniforms even before the standardization. Each regiment had very different uniforms, which depended partly on where they were recruited. The source I'm using (http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...&level=2&tword) has a ton of different line regiment uniforms, and I just picked this one because it was a lot more unique in comparison to others.

I'll probably finish the regiment of horse by July, but until July i'm super busy so my work will be slow.
    savoy line are sky blue....

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Hey Ranger, can you post screens of all of the units you retextured in your Italy.pack? I want to download it but I'd like to see what I'm getting first

Quote Originally Posted by ranger86 View Post
    savoy line are sky blue....
    Actually, looking at my sources you are fairly correct. The Northern/Central states had more uniform uniforms, but if you look at the Kingdom of Two Sicilies they had a ton of variety. My guess is because it encompassed a lot more regions than the smaller northern ones like Savoy.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Moar? ^^

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

I don't know if you have this link but modestus just post it. It's amazing!
    http://xoomer.virgilio.it/bandsabaude/Bandiere03.html
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast