Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai trailer

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Oh without a doubt,just nothing really as fit for mass consumption as the acw

The Crimean war?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    The Crimean war?
    I would prefer to see the Crimean War over the ACW. But where would the Coalition base be?

I'd just like Europe 1815-1870 in general for a game. The uniform evolution was just amazing, and something I want to learn more about.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I would prefer to see the Crimean War over the ACW. But where would the Coalition base be?

I'd just like Europe 1815-1870 in general for a game. The uniform evolution was just amazing, and something I want to learn more about.

Yeah that'd be a problem.

I'd rather see Europe and America in that time period though.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Meh. Looked mostly like warmed over Warscape (NTW + s2) with some new models and stuff. I never like CA's trailers though, so this one could turn out to be awesome.

No mod support though = no purchase.

i hope this version supports nvidea instead of ati

I like this new music.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

I think this video is a step in the right direction of the thought process of CA

Things of note.

At the ending, marine gives the charging yari samurai a big YOU with his saber.

At the train cutscene.
    BAYONETS.

>_>

One neat thing I've gleaned from the trailer: 4:01 minutes in, the video shows the diplomacy screen with the cursor hovering above an enemy clan, one of the reason for the hostile relations is "realm divide -200", however there are a lot of very friendly clans on that list also, and the map shows half hostile, half very friendly. So perhaps Realm divide actually triggers more of a divide now - between the friends and foes of the emperor - instead of everyone dogpiling your clan". Perhaps clans are required to choose an allegiance once realm divide hits ? Perhaps the game starts with a realm divided ? Who knows.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Things of note.
    At the train cutscene.
    BAYONETS.

>_>
    Good find.
    I'd lol hysterically like the suicidal officer from the movie Stalingrad if the baynoets were for the cutscene only.

It's my fondness for Japanese history and that, in general, Shogun 2 was made well that's making me get this. Their typical doublespeak a and money grabbing is ensuring I won't get the next title. I love how there's a metion of CA's 'stunnng historical accuracy' at the beginning of the vid.
    [edit] Just read the statment from CA that there won't be bayonets because they would be able to reach their release date.
    Translation: They've repackaged vanilla Shogun, added trains and are now reselling it.
    Just like Napoleon after Empire.
    Last edited by Captain Arrrgh!; February 13, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Ruckulf's Avatar Semisalis

It's like a whole new game!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    The Crimean war?
    An interesting war but lacking purpose and impact to most untrained eyes.as for the mass consumption aspect there are few places on earth that have not heard of Gettysburg and Antietam...Inkerman and Balaclava..a little more niche to the global masses

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

I"m from here and don't want the ACW as a main title release. Makes no sense at all. Blue vs Grey. There's nothing that can be done with this. I can't see your argument how people in France or Sweden would care about playing Johnny Reb from the deep south.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    I"m from here and don't want the ACW as a main title release. Makes no sense at all. Blue vs Grey. There's nothing that can be done with this. I can't see your argument how people in France or Sweden would care about playing Johnny Reb from the deep south.
    Seeing as europe has many well organised acw re enactment groups seems like someone would...how many crimean re enactment groups you see in the states?...but that is not the point.believe it or not there are actually people out there interested in wars that didnt involve their nation...as well i am lead to believe that some here may be overlooking some of the impact and complexity of the acw seeing as it is the most researched conflict in history save for WW2 and the napoleonic wars

And to close with the obvious...someone from sweden would want to play johnny reb for the same reason we americans play games about samurai.it fascinates us.

I wonder if you can sabotage the rail lines, otherwise it'll just seem strange to me.

Another thing I like to add is those textures they were making throughout the video makes me want mod tools.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Abe86 View Post
    One neat thing I've gleaned from the trailer: 4:01 minutes in, the video shows the diplomacy screen with the cursor hovering above an enemy clan, one of the reason for the hostile relations is "realm divide -200", however there are a lot of very friendly clans on that list also, and the map shows half hostile, half very friendly. So perhaps Realm divide actually triggers more of a divide now - between the friends and foes of the emperor - instead of everyone dogpiling your clan". Perhaps clans are required to choose an allegiance once realm divide hits ? Perhaps the game starts with a realm divided ? Who knows.
    There was a very obvious bright green vs. dark red on that diplomacy screen. So hope you are right about RD being an actual divide...
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

I am begining to get worried about the CA employees, its possible they are being held against their will.

Love it

I also think a "general 19th Century" covering America, Europe, Africa and Asia (parts of them) would be great.
    WW1 is no good idea IMO, the technology is hard to do with the engine.
    ACW would be included, but not being the whole game without anything else.
    Colonialism in Africa et al would make an interesting game, too.
    And in Asia, one could see Chinese fighting the strangers and Japan modernizing & rising.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    There was a very obvious bright green vs. dark red on that diplomacy screen. So hope you are right about RD being an actual divide...
    Also note how the victory condition listed is: "control 13 provinces and have emperor-aligned factions control a total of 35 provinces". So yeah, campaign definitely seems to be more of a team effort this time around.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast