Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

Great preview!

Civis

Very nice skins and preview! Many thanks for making an amazing work!
    "A people with no history is a people with no future" - Nicolae Iorga

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Beautiful, simply, beautiful, true masters have brought forth true art!

Great preview! Congratulations team .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Shouldn't this be called "Graecia Imperialis" or "Greco-Roman Empire" or "Byzantine Empire"?

AWESOME work btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Oplitis View Post
    Shouldn't this be called "Graecia Imperialis" or "Greco-Roman Empire" or "Byzantine Empire"?

AWESOME work btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All these are fictional terms and do not correspond to the historicity of the term "Basileia Ton Romaion" "Imperium Romanum" or "Politeia Ton Romaion" "Romania" which were all historically attested terms.

Our mod focus on historical accuracy and realism
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Long live Antonio and TGC team!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is why this mod and EBII are the reason I keep M2 installed. Wonderfully enlightening, the depth you, Lief, and the rest of your team have put into this mod. I cannot wait to unleash the legions against the barbarian hordes. My philhellenism just gobbles stuff like this up.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    All these are fictional terms and do not correspond to the historicity of the term "Basileia Ton Romaion" "Imperium Romanum" or "Politeia Ton Romaion" "Romania" which were all historically attested terms.

neo, neo, my dear old neo! Do you see, neo old chap?
    Even writing from Hellas, people use the right words to call the Medieval Byzantine Empire .... and think that someone accused me of Italian Nationalism (R.I.P.! ).

.... anyway I would like to know what did you mean when you was asking to show the units marching on the field .... it would be possible?
    If the answer is yes, please I need to see those guys on the march, before killing them in game using the Milites of the Sacrum Romanum Imperium! (joking, sorry neo! Indeed probably Byzantium will be the first faction I play, the units are incredible, fantastic, awesome, wonderful, no words!)

damn cant see the pictires they are not displayin. Where are they uploaded?

andry18's Avatar Tiro

great work as always

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Absolutely great!!!

Looks superb. Can't wait to play it. Any idea when will be released ? ( No surprise Mods still being made for M2TW. Its the best TW game still ! )

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post

True...There was never an empire with the name "Byzantine/Byzantium"...NEVER.
    That term created by western historians after 16th century in their attempt to inherit the Roman past and glory. In fact North African people have more rights to claim a Roman past than the Germanic tribes that qonquered west Roman teritories. Why? Because those (africans) once had the roman citizenship...Tribes like Angles,Saxons,Lombards,Goths,Alamani,Franks etc that are Germanic tribes NEVER had the roman citizenship!
    Question that might posted:
    "If what you are saying is true then why you name Ottonian Germans as Roman Empire also"???
    That was made intentionaly. After 801AD Pope (according to Romans) ilegaly named a "barbarian" Roman Emperor (Charlemagne). In this mod we "give" the prospective of how each "nation" saw matters in those times. As accuratly post by FliegerD , Germans did believe that they had the right to be "Romans" but in the other side the "Legitimate" Roman Emperor in Constantinople could not allow such an insult. In reality though the relations between legitimate and ilegal Romans past from friendly to hostile many times. TGC mod tries hard to portay not only the military but the political atmosphear of those times to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    neo, neo, my dear old neo! Do you see, neo old chap?
    Even writing from Hellas, people use the right words to call the Medieval Byzantine Empire .... and think that someone accused me of Italian Nationalism (R.I.P.! ).

.... anyway I would like to know what did you mean when you was asking to show the units marching on the field .... it would be possible?
    If the answer is yes, please I need to see those guys on the march, before killing them in game using the Milites of the Sacrum Romanum Imperium! (joking, sorry neo! Indeed probably Byzantium will be the first faction I play, the units are incredible, fantastic, awesome, wonderful, no words!)
    See above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    damn cant see the pictires they are not displayin. Where are they uploaded?
    I was uploaded them in Photobucket . Check if you have that site locked for you.
    Unforthunatly Imageshack that i used in the past is no longer FREE to upload new pictures ...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Congratulations on the preview, its very good

Looking forward to this. Looks great. Is there a preview of the map to drool over ?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

yeah, finally what a great preview!
    respect for all the content

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Anto you are always right, ALWAYS! Whatever you say: you're right! Whatever you write: You're right! Whatever you do: You're right! Even if I disagree in some minor detail , no matter: You're right!
    I would be ready to die for you, defending the walls of Byzantium in the last stand (as historically did the the Genoeses)!
    TGC is the best Mod of the century!

Roger that ;-)

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Anto you are always right, ALWAYS! Whatever you say: you're right! Whatever you write: You're right! Whatever you do: You're right! Even if I disagree in some minor detail , no matter: You're right!
    I would be ready to die for you, defending the walls of Byzantium in the last stand (as historically did the the Genoeses)!
    TGC is the best Mod of the century!
    No don't say that , not for me but for everyone...NO one is 100% right...the key to knowlege for any of us is to doupt everyone.
    I can not claim i am better that Socrates. And when Sorcates says "I know one thing, I know nothing" who am I to claim that knows more than this?
    We all have diferent prospectives of how we see things. In fact that is what we have the players in TGC live with...The diferent prospectives EACH faction will give to players of who these nations saw te world arround them. Players may be confused in the beginning but no the message of the mod will be...Avoid tablets such "right" or "wrong"..See things through their (factions) eyes and realise how they saw them selves and each other.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast