Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 4.0 Released!

Hi, great looking mod, I'm downloading now and pretty impressed by the feature list, up until now I've only played 'vanilla' mtw, only bought it about a month ago

Edi Birsan's Avatar Libertus

This is an excellent mod and I have demonstrated that opinion by donating some Euro's to KK. Praise is nice, but money also has a place in praise.

I do have some issues with a few of the design features which I will cover on another post.

Discussion points:
    1. Crusades
    With the introduction of the Supply rules as a Trait, has anyone seen an AI
    crusade army actually reach Antioch, Jeruselum or the MiddleEast. In 4 campaigns so far (short) every single one has faded out on the way and have been disbanded by the Pope.

2. Supply Rules
    There was suppose to be a change in Hotfix 3-1 to make the Out of supplies have less of an effect on movement. But I still have my leaders with it become frozen basically and you cannot separate out the troops from them.

3. Has anyone seen the AI bribe low loyalty characters? If not then what is the point of having low loyalty?

4. Is there anyway when looking at the game as it goes through its opening pages to tell if Hotfix 3-1 is in effect or can you only see this in the files structures?

Another thing:
    Reputation Destroyed Trait: has anyone ever seen this removed from a character? Even when I have had the Siege broken by an outside relief force or from within my characters still get this trait which is fairly bad, but I would think that if you break a siege from within it should be a good reputation not a bad one.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Edi Birsan View Post
    Discussion points:
    1. Crusades
    crusade army actually reach Antioch, Jeruselum or the MiddleEast. In 4 campaigns so far (short) every single one has faded out on the way and have been disbanded by the Pope.
    The AI is not affected by the supply traits system so that shouldn't be a problem.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Discussion points:
    3. Has anyone seen the AI bribe low loyalty characters? If not then what is the point of having low loyalty?
    I've had Generals with 4 or lower loyalty rebel/join another faction almost without fail if they end a turn sitting outside a settlement.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

And my general rebelled saying i'm not his king and he won't move anywhere from the city he's in. Loyalty is VERY important.

First of all, thanks again for the many nice comments!

Hi builder,
    Beautiful work King Kong.

It's a minor thing but your loading screens are awesome. How did you make them? Especially ones with battle scenes in them, they're not from in game.
    Thanks! Nice to hear that!
    And no, they are not from the original game, unfortuntely.
    This are all Kingdom of Heavens screenshots.

Hi mrkk,
    great mod kk, and i love the suplies thing for armies, however is it
    possible too make them resuplie, with an merschant ex
    I have also thought about that and hopefully I (or Byg) can get this to work...

Hi Magyar Matt,
    Interesting new idea having supplies for your army. Adds a new dimension to the strategy side of things. Only just started playing 4.0 so in reference to the above I was wondering if you garrison soldiers in a fort how does that effect supplies?

Secondly if you are laying siege how does that effect them? i.e can you run out of supplies before the defenders? Not so sure I like the idea of that happening but overall I think it's a good addition
    Yes, you can also run out of supplies when you are sieging. Therefore you should plan which settlement you want to take (and can be taken).

Hi dima,
    With the addition of the naval battles my list would be complete. Stainless Steel 5.0 perhaps?
    Hehe, well, I think you have to wait until Rome 2 arrives...

Hi DrunkNIrishman,
    Also, whoever did the model for the Aragon General's Bodyguards...I LOVE it...they look amazing, especially with the barded neck/head armor.
    Thanks! I have made the horses, because of a picture of an historical Aragon Knight.

Hi Edi Birsan,
    As Ceasar already said, the AI is not affected by this traits...
    2. Supply Rules
    There was suppose to be a change in Hotfix 3-1 to make the Out of supplies have less of an effect on movement. But I still have my leaders with it become frozen basically and you cannot separate out the troops from them.
    Well, I assume that your general was already out of movement points, so the Hotfix couldn't avoid this, unfortuntely...
    I havn't really watched this, but I also think this happens very rare...
    I'll look inti this...
    4. Is there anyway when looking at the game as it goes through its opening pages to tell if Hotfix 3-1 is in effect or can you only see this in the files structures?
    Actually no. However, the easiest way to see if it works is when all symbols look proper...
    Reputation Destroyed Trait: has anyone ever seen this removed from a character? Even when I have had the Siege broken by an outside relief force or from within my characters still get this trait which is fairly bad, but I would think that if you break a siege from within it should be a good reputation not a bad one.
    I agree that especially this trait is a bit weird and I think I will just delete it in the next patch...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Pindarus's Avatar Foederatus

This is currently the greatest mod out there. The playability is best among all the other mods I've tried. I love the new Kiev faction, except I had to change the Noble's horses to armored. Great job KK.
    "War is based upon deception" - Sun Tzu "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"...

Wonderful, polished mod.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Another thing:
    This trait is to encourage the player to relieve besieged cities from the outside. This is because the AI is absolutely useless when defending a sally by you.

You get part of the trait by allowing yourself to become besieged. Use forts or intercept the enemy in the field.

The full effect of this trait should only kick in if you general is rash and does not await outside help and sallies.

It wont kick in if you have a much smaller army than the AI and sally.

You should not get this trait when being relieved from outside.
    Can anyone else confirm that this is happening?

Personally I think this trait is very important because with the AI so very poor at defending a sally you can virtually not fail to win.
    Therefore you need never lose a city.
    Therefore you can never lose a campaign.

I can verify that the trait doesn't go away when the siege is lifted by a relieving force (or the enemy assaults). I personally never sally, so I don't know if it's the first or second incarnation of the trait.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkNIrishMan View Post
    I can verify that the trait doesn't go away when the siege is lifted by a relieving force (or the enemy assaults). I personally never sally, so I don't know if it's the first or second incarnation of the trait.
    Thanks I will definitely sort that out in grim reality 3 if not sooner. Meanwhile KK may take it out so it should trouble you no more. This error wasn't reported in my version for ss3.2 and I haven't altered, it so it's an odd one.:hmmm:

EDIT:

Aha found the error. The threshold for level 2 of this trait should be 2 not 1
    And there is a text error. So:
    Level Reputation_Destroyed
    Description Dishonorable_desc
    EffectsDescription Dishonorable_effects_desc
    Threshold 1
    should be:
    Level Reputation_Destroyed
    Description Reputation_Destroyed_desc
    EffectsDescription Reputation_Destroyed_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

That should sort it. Apologies all round.
    Last edited by Byg; July 19, 2007 at 05:39 PM.

Well i've start my SS campaign today and i'm loving it, after play a few campaigns with another mods, ss seems so far better and also with less lag

KK made a great job !!!

would be possible added teutonic order,flanders ???
    and wich another mod's are compatible with SS 4.0 ??

Cheers
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    Well i've start my SS campaign today and i'm loving it, after play a few campaigns with another mods, ss seems so far better and also with less lag

KK made a great job !!!

would be possible added teutonic order,flanders ???
    and wich another mod's are compatible with SS 4.0 ??

Cheers
    mate he just released the mod with new two factions he is planning on release after the kingdoms released. so enjoy the smoothness of the map you sure would not find a better map than this!

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Im getting an error from filefront when I try to download file. Anyone else getting it?

I'm already enjoying, also can't wait for kingdoms and a further new version of SS
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

haloband's Avatar Semisalis

Hey Mellons, I had the same problem when attempting to download with Firefox, but was able to successfully download with Internet Explorer. I don't know what browser you use but hope this helps you out.

I'm downloading right now and am looking forward to playing this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by haloband View Post
    Hey Mellons, I had the same problem when attempting to download with Firefox, but was able to successfully download with Internet Explorer. I don't know what browser you use but hope this helps you out.

I'm downloading right now and am looking forward to playing this mod.
    That seems to be the trick. Just before I came on the forums my firefox browser just did a new update.

Thank you for your help.

Amasing Mod! We just need the choice on which extra mods we want..!