Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Heeehehe View Post
    It feel wrong that khalifa trait have the same effects as sultan, it should be greater! (I think, what do you think?), you know a Caliph is Amīr al-Mu'minīn "Commander of the Faithful" leader of the Muslims, Successor of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe.

even Sultans gave allegiance to a Caliph http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliph
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

True, but wasn't it largely nominal at this point? The power of the Caliph wasn't translated to great battlefield victories or political influence as much as it was religious authority. True, even Shi'a leaders 'submitted' to the Caliph in this time, but it's not like the Caliph could order the numerous polities around him around. This was a period of political fragmentation, not of unity.

That said, I think the Caliph should have a lot more religious influence in the game. I think it'd be cool to negatively affect a faction leader's popularity and piety if they attack the Abbasids. Perhaps having good relations with the Abbasids would result in higher piety traits and conversion rates.

KIHEV's Avatar Foederatus

Why do you recommend an installation of Medieval II + Kingdoms outside the Program Files directory?
    On my computer it is installed in the Program Files directory and I can't install it a second time outside of it.
    Unless I uninstall first ofc. But that would make all my other mods vanish and I'd have to download them again =|

If you aren't having any problems, you don't have to move it outside the program files.

Quote Originally Posted by KIHEV View Post
    Why do you recommend an installation of Medieval II + Kingdoms outside the Program Files directory?
    UAC

KIHEV's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, thank you!

one of the major issues I have with BC is the sheer amount of rebel settlements, in most cases I spend 99% of the time hoovering up rebs and very rarely fight another faction. In 2.3 the map has become even more barren of factions, it's like some kind of rebel conquering competition. I get tired of dealing with garrisons of rebels

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Choose Ghaznavids or Chauhans or Sind, a faction that has neighbours nearby.

Under the patronage of m_1512

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    one of the major issues I have with BC is the sheer amount of rebel settlements, in most cases I spend 99% of the time hoovering up rebs and very rarely fight another faction. In 2.3 the map has become even more barren of factions, it's like some kind of rebel conquering competition. I get tired of dealing with garrisons of rebels
    In BC 2.3 f you fight the AI early on you'll get most likely defeated because you have poor economy, low number of troops, expensive buildings (which you cannot afford) for advanced troops. And the AI gets money bonuses so it can do those things. So while the AI is building up or whatever, you have to expand and improve everything.

On other news:
    I have noticed while playing Armenia - the faction leader and heir do not get titles from settlements. The heir has some title with various bonuses exclusively for him I think, while the leader has "Master of the horse".
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blækk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Faction leader and faction heir do not obtain gubernatorial titles. Only "ordinary" family members and generals can get them.

Sounds quite logical.

Agart's city and castle models are not included. Why not?
    Charge's eye candy for the campaign map (not water) aren't included. Why not?
    Did you make any changes to the AI? In my armenian campaign the Romans blocked my ports very early and didn't want to ally a few turns before while this wasn't happening in 2.02.
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Code:
    Signature stock:  

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

this campaign is hard.actually bc 2.2 was the most hard m2tw mod.with new 2.3 itlooks more hard(i actually like).but i wonder with the gg2 edu how the campaign level ll be.

Dogensu's Avatar Libertus

so, I don't really need kingdoms to play 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    Agart's city and castle models are not included. Why not?
    Charge's eye candy for the campaign map (not water) aren't included. Why not?
    Most mods use both, and these additions aren't fun anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    Did you make any changes to the AI? In my armenian campaign the Romans blocked my ports very early and didn't want to ally a few turns before while this wasn't happening in 2.02.
    No, we didn't. Maybe that's one of effects of changed ERE starting position.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

where can I find music files of BC2.3?

saglam2000's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post

No, we didn't. Maybe that's one of effects of changed ERE starting position.
    I think its because Selukia borders armenia, ever game i've played the romans made a grab for tarsus really early except 1 when the turks took it.

Also don't you think the Rebels should get a real AI so it more closely represents factions or states that aren't in the game yet, it would also make taking rebel lands a bit harder
    Last edited by saglam2000; May 07, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
    "The Turks are never trapped. It's the people who surround them who are in trouble."Anthony Hebert

‎"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    True, but wasn't it largely nominal at this point? The power of the Caliph wasn't translated to great battlefield victories or political influence as much as it was religious authority. True, even Shi'a leaders 'submitted' to the Caliph in this time, but it's not like the Caliph could order the numerous polities around him around. This was a period of political fragmentation, not of unity.

That said, I think the Caliph should have a lot more religious influence in the game. I think it'd be cool to negatively affect a faction leader's popularity and piety if they attack the Abbasids. Perhaps having good relations with the Abbasids would result in higher piety traits and conversion rates.
    "I think it'd be cool to negatively affect a faction leader's popularity and piety if they attack the Abbasids. Perhaps having good relations with the Abbasids would result in higher piety traits" this is Very Good Idea

but for the trait i still think Caliph must have a better trait effect than sultan, Yes the Caliph have weaker influence and lesser (but still efective) army this time but it's still better than sultan.
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro

Who is The Qur'an recitator in BC soundtrack? very beautiful

About titles: it would be cool to increase the bonuses of titles for major settlements. Also remove the +2 authority bonus and replace it with Piety. Authority works only for the FL, while Piety is like Management in RTW.

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]

Code:
    Signature stock:  

Authority is decisive when the game chooses a successor. Successor is the one with the biggest authority. So, it was supposed to influence a situation of succession, to complicate it a bit by giving more chances to other family members to be successors. To avoid concentration of power in hands of one person, each gubernatorial title has -2 loyalty. I'm not sure if that authority gives assumed results. If anyone can do some testing of it, we would be grateful.