Thread: Xbox 360 trouble

Default Xbox 360 trouble

Xbox 360 broke... I'll never be a Microsoft customer again. period. honestly, I can't BELIEVE they still have brand loyalty after all the 360s that have broken.. it's absolutely disgraceful

hopefully I'll be able to afford a PS3 b4 too long =\

I bought my 360 used, and the guy had ALREADY sent it back to Microsoft to be repaired one time... so in fact, it's now broken AGAIN

effing pathetic.

my brother's broke as well..

anyone have a 360 that didn't break??

Edited- Censor Bypass. Romanos IV
    Last edited by Romanos IV; July 24, 2009 at 06:48 AM.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Default Re: F.U. Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by s/laughter View Post
    Xbox 360 broke... I'll never be a Microsoft customer again. period. honestly, I can't BELIEVE they still have brand loyalty after all the 360s that have broken.. it's absolutely disgraceful

hopefully I'll be able to afford a PS3 b4 too long =\

I bought my 360 used, and the guy had ALREADY sent it back to Microsoft to be repaired one time... so in fact, it's now broken AGAIN

effing pathetic.

my brother's broke as well..

anyone have a 360 that didn't break??

F * C K YOU MICROSOFT

Get a damp towel rap it around your 360 so all the vents are covered, turn it on and leave to bake for 10/15 minutes. Come back turn it off, un-wrap and leave it another 10 minutes to cool off and if you turn it back on you should find it has come back to life.

Also if you leave it standing upright rather then laying down it helps with heat dissipation but the only way to really fix it is to replace the mounting mechanism the 360 uses on it's CPU and GPU/North Bridge. From what I've read it's the heatsinks don't make proper contact with the chips hence why they overheat and break.

Default Re: F.U. Microsoft

Yup, I Believe the 360's have went through 3-4 motherboards in their lifetime. You probably got one of the first ones (Failboat ones)

Don't be mad at microsoft, right when you're friend said he already sent it back it should have been a red flag right away.
    Last edited by Wheelchair; July 24, 2009 at 06:23 AM.
    >>>>> METAL BLOGGGGGGGG <<<<<

I <3 Student Loans
    EVGA GTX580 1.5GB GPU
    AMD Phenom II 955BE C3 3.2GHz @ 19c idle
    16GB G.skill 1600MHz RAM DDR3
    Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD, 150GB Velociraptor, 2x2TB Storage Drives
    Corsair TX650W PSU
    Asus 2x24" Vertical Monitors + 1 Sony EX500 46" LCD TV
    Corsair Obsidian 800D

Bell FiberOP Internet 70mbps DOWN 30mbps UP

Campidoctor

Default Re: Xbox 360 trouble

I bought a system last December and it is so far so go. I have two friends who bought day one systems and they've yet to have any trouble. I'd have bought a PS3, but I don't care about Blue Ray, and wasn't willing to pay more for what I perceived as less as far as a game library is concerned. I'd never buy a used system to be honest. I can barely get myself to buy used games.

can I say "Frack" You Microsoft?

and whatever, bollocks bollocks bollocks. the fact that hundreds of thousands of xboxes have broken is disgraceful. and one that has already been sent to Microsoft for repair should not be a red flag, it should be a GUARANTEE that it wont break again.

my patronage of Microsoft game systems if finished. period. I will try to get my xbox repaired, and continue to play it if I can, but in the future I will never buy another xbox.
    Last edited by s/laughter; July 24, 2009 at 09:23 AM.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Microsoft is great. Send it in and you get a new one. Mine broke after two years, sent it in, a week and a half later I got a new one and its worked 100% fine since.

^ ... well, I hope that is true.

I live in Thailand now, and will send my box back to brother so he can send it to MS... hopefully it will be fixed. nevertheless, nothing will change the fact that Microsoft has lost me as a long term customer. I will never trust another console by them again.

http://windowsitpro.com/article/arti...-360-flaw.html

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

get an elite, ive had mine for a year and 1/2 so far and its run great

TheFrown's Avatar Laetus

I got mine when it came out and i did have to send it to be fixed once. But its been a couple years now and I have not had a problem...

I had mine for a year before it broke. It wasn't really a problem though, I emailed them and arranged to send it back and they fixed it, with all expenses covered.

I had to pay £78 ing quid for a new one.

Rip-off bastards.

Anyway, Madden10 here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_C_1 View Post
    I had to pay £78 ing quid for a new one.

Rip-off bastards.

Anyway, Madden10 here I come.
    Was yours still under warranty though?

Quote Originally Posted by RJcfc View Post
    Was yours still under warranty though?
    Naw.

I phoned up and gave the customer help person an earful but to no result.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_C_1 View Post
    Naw.

I phoned up and gave the customer help person an earful but to no result.
    tut! probably charged ye double for that.

B5C's Avatar Campidoctor

My xbox I bought back in January of 2006 finally died this year and got it replaced with an new arcade system (I just kept the HD) which had the new Jasper chipset. Just don't give up on Microsoft. Xbox still has the better library of games and most games look and run better on the 360.

Just take a look:
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/?cat=47

“Nothing could be more dangerous to the existence of this Republic than to introduce religion into politics”

I dont think 360 has the better library... It was true for a long time, but now, all the games I most want to play are on PS3: Metal Gear, Uncharted 1 & 2, Ratchet & Clank, Little Big Planet, Infamous, God of War..

the ONLY game that really, really pulls me to 360 is Gears..

but, I think no one questions that PS3 has a lot more power, and a lot more potential in the late lifespan.

also the Playstation controller has always been the best (though the gamecube controller gives it a run).. the 360 controller is another sad debacle by Microsoft.. all my controllers have broken down, the shoulder buttons have always been more difficult to use than the Playsation, and the d-pad is just crap, which one round of Street Fighter will prove to anyone.

Strelok's Avatar Civitate

A lot of 360 buyers are freaking out because they want the latest chipset version. I wouldn't even bother. The main cause I see for the 360 stability problems and / or failure is overheating. I bought a cheap kit that has 3 small exhaust fans that goes on where the vent holes are, and since getting that, my 360 (premium version) has been running strong, and I bought it close to the release date! Note that when I take off the 3 exhausts fans, I get an instant RROD when turning it on.

If it's the case that the new chipset runs cooler, that should be almost irrelevant, because you still have the power supply, graphics card, rest of the motherboard, processor, memory, sound card, network card and etc. that could be overheating, failing or have failed. The Jasper chipset has probably has something new to prolong the stability and increase the life span of itself, but how is that going to help the rest of the components from dieing or overheating? It's definitely not the sole thing to buy the 360 on. I'd be more concerned with adding more cooling rather than getting the latest chipset version.
    Last edited by Strelok; July 27, 2009 at 09:50 AM.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

My Xbox died a few months back, I have a problem with sending it away. Grrr.

Okay, I got the E74 general Hardware failure error. Grr.
    So I scheduled a repair, but by the time I could be bothered getting the box and all the casing, the repair had expired. No big issue. I scheduled a new one yesterday. And when it gets to the validation screen on my PC, it says "A repair is already scheduled for this device." When it clearly states there is no repair scheduled. WTF am I meant to do now. Take it to a ** repair shop and PAY? I was covered by the new warranty extension, if I have to pay or make a bloddy phonecall to customer support at £100 per minute I will be p***** off!
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

^ that bites.

I'm getting the E74 error as well !#@%

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

And I KNOW that after emailing them, they will simply tell me that "the simplest way to fix your problem would be to contact us on 0800 RIP OFF1"

It's annoying, If i have to get it fixed by some repair dude for cash, i won't bother. It'll end up costing me over £70. And I can get a new Arcade (no HDD) for that on eBay, so i'll just get one of those if i have to!
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com