Pro-Consul of Iberia Vacant

Pro-Consul of Sicilia et Africa Sextus Tuccius Alexander

Pro-Consul of Gallia Vacant

Aedile Corelis Loquitur Solus Danius et Aulus Aurelius Dolabella

Quaestor Octavius Julius Felix et Marcus Tullius Regulos

Tribune Vacant

Praetor Vacant

Events
    Numidian Invasion - A Numidian force 24,000-strong is marching on Roman holdings in Africa. Combined with the notable vacancy of the proconsular office in the region, the understandably panicked people of Carthage have sent to Rome for urgent assistance. The current Roman garrison there consists of three legions and 2,000 cavalry.

Plebian Roll Land Reforms, regional, (2 points).

Plebeian Approval Rating: 5

Pressing Matters
    • The wars in Iberia and Thrace drag on
    • Numidia is invading
    • Several magistracies must be filled
    • The chaos caused by Vesuvius has mostly subsided

Last edited by Okmin; May 14, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Curia (90 BCE)

Sextus ambled slowly into the Curia and sank into his seat. War in Africa tired him out. Patriarch sending him angry letters, had to stay up late making plans. Even had two legions there, which would make things even more difficult. He took a deep breath. Let's get this started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

ArkocentoArisen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Corelis Loquitur Solus Danius quickly emerged into the senate, his fathers seat had been vacant ever since he had applied for the spot as the Aedile. he waited for a moment as the senate stared at him before beginning to speak.

People of the Senate, My father is dead.
    for a moment he allowed the gasps of surprise to occur before speaking once more
    But there are far more important matters, the Numidians march upon our lands, something must be done.
    there is a vacant Position, The Proconsul of Africa. My battles in Iberia have taught me well, but with this new enemy something must be done, I request of you the people of the Senate, allow me to assume the Proconsulship in Africa, and save us from a disaster against the Barbarians of the desert!
    Look, Some words

"Calm yourself, young one. I know that your father's death must have affected you, but this is a huge invasion. I am sure that this Senate does not want another out of control Pro-consul running around with armies large enough to take them to the Indus! This time, I think we should have one of the Consuls take command."
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

I understand I may be young, but fortune favors the bold does it not? the problem still remains, there are two empty Pro-Consuls, One in Africa, the Other in Asia. something must happen, and If both Consuls are sent off too such far distant land, then will there own abilities be quite strained? Do not divide the power of one, add the power of another.
    Look, Some words

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Aquila reaches his seat but turns to face the Senate instead of sitting.
    "Senators, this is a time for quick and decisive action. In addition to the situation with Numidia, we also have no proconsul for Graecia to continue the war with Thrace. That is still important. Thus I nominate the former proconsul to retain the office and imperium against Thrace. I also know there are many legions just sitting idly to the north. I propose that the aedile be allowed to assume the office of Proconsul of Africa, where he will command the defense there until a consul arrives leading the counteroffensive. I will volunteer for this if Valerius has no objections. Alternatively, Tuccius knows Carthage well, so he could also be proconsul. Unless he wishes to remain in Rome as praetor?"
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Maximus takes his seat.

"I will go wherever Rome requires me. It is true I know the nations of Africa and their ways of war. For instance, I know that Legions will not be as vital as in other territories. The power of Numidia is not in their infantry, but their mounted units. Their horse archers will cut us down from afar while their heavy cavalry smash into our flanks. And then, you have the elephants! Great lumbering beasts, like mountains. They shall blast through our lines with the force of 20 horses, using their massive tusks and feet to gore and impale our legionaries. Whoever is sent to Africa, that man shall need not only Legions, but archers and horsemen as well."
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    "I will go wherever Rome requires me. It is true I know the nations of Africa and their ways of war. For instance, I know that Legions will not be as vital as in other territories. The power of Numidia is not in their infantry, but their mounted units. Their horse archers will cut us down from afar while their heavy cavalry smash into our flanks. And then, you have the elephants! Great lumbering beasts, like mountains. They shall blast through our lines with the force of 20 horses, using their massive tusks and feet to gore and impale our legionaries. Whoever is sent to Africa, that man shall need not only Legions, but archers and horsemen as well."
    You have the most experience in the region, I personally think you will be the best man sooted.

then, I think we need a defensive position in Thrace since we have no pro-consul there either.. Or the consul must feel his call ?
    Or perhaps gnaus feels called for this ?(Serius black I mean)

Senator Corelis, However I value your call of duty you are a new senator. Let the older ones guide the Republic wars for now your time will surely come young one!

Censor Maximus looks at the Consul.

Honorable consul, Why is the seat next to you vacant ? I propose a replacement at once.
    Last edited by General Brewster; May 08, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

"I do not think it would be appropriate for me to name my co-consul. I believe Valerius was elected this year but has not shown up. We will hold another election tomorrow if he is still absent. In the meantime, I propose this to defend against Numidia:"

Lex Bellum Africanus I. Sextus Tuccius Alexander is named Proconsul of Sicilia et Africa for this year.
    II. He shall have imperium over the forces in the Proconsulate to make war against Numidia.
    III. Legio XI Victrix and Legio XI Claudia Fidelus and the cavalry in Northern Italy will go to Carthage to reinforce the troops there.
    IV. The proconsul shall be given 40,000 denarii to levy auxiliaries in his provinces.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Blog Entries

I agree, However I say we appoint someone just as replacement until Valerius returns.

I have no problem with Sextus taking control of the African Province. And I agree he should be given the denarii to raise more troops there, especially horses and auxillary units. I also think we should begin training more legions here in Rome or else move some from Spain, even though the war there is not over, some experienced troops will be helpful against the intensity of the Numidians.

ooc: are the legions in NI the senates to control? the are supposedly Tranquilius' ?

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Blog Entries

Ah consul you decided to join us wonderful.

Corelis Nods before speaking

A solution has been found in Africa, One that I applaud greatly. However, the problem still remains in Graecia, what of the Proconsulate there?
    Look, Some words

"I second the bill proposed by Consul Aquila. If I am to lead Rome against Numidia, then I shall require all the men I can get my hands on.

In regard to the war with Thrace, the previous bill gave Lucullus imperium personally, but given his absence I believe overriding this is justified. Either young Corelis or one of the Consuls could be given command."
    Last edited by The Stig; May 08, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktifex Centimus View Post
    Corelis Nods before speaking

A solution has been found in Africa, One that I applaud greatly. However, the problem still remains in Graecia, what of the Proconsulate there?
    "Are you implying you wish to volunteer for the position?"
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

I believed you spoke of a former ProConsul there, If he is not to be found then yes; I Volunteer my services for the east!
    Look, Some words

Aquila winces. "Ah, yes. That was me a decade ago. Lucullus has held the office ever since, though."
    Lex Coreli ad Graecia I. Corelis Loquitur Solus Danius shall hold the office of Proconsul of Graecia et Asia until the next elections are held.
    II. All parts of Lex Belllum Thrax pertaining to Publilus Sempremonius Lucullus shall now pertain to Corelis Loquitur Solus Danius.

"If there are no objections to either bill, I believe we can pass them without a vote."
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Corelis frowns for a moment, realizing his err before nodding and hoping not to hear a protest
    Look, Some words

Blog Entries

Maximus rises.

I will not follow this motion. He can be the pro-consul but I rather have him not lead the campaign.
    Either a consul, Stig(sorry don't know your ingame name) or a senior senator that has been waiting for this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast