Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Is there a lesser fort option for generals that can be used in Kingdoms? Like a "camp"? Or can the old ones be restored for the player?

I prefer the perma stone forts over the player created wooden ones because of their potential to take the place of real castles/cities on the campaign map but very much miss the ability to make camp somewhere -- especially for the purposes of defending a pass, bridge or other strongpoint on the map. Armenia and KoJ survival strategy depended on reliable vanguards who were not at risk of desertion a the rear of main armies which were defending choke points on the map so that they could not be attacked from both sides at once. The AI, I've found is good at surrouning you when stack spam mode kicks in with a mid/late game superpower, even if it means walking a long way around a river to hit you from both sides of a bridge.

Are there other defensive players miss them too?

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

why the characters live so much years ? sometimes 100 years and more ??

can someone repost a link to the torrent file, the current link doesnt seem to be working.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

It seems gameupdates have a general problem, so try to connect them later or use megaupload links.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Icon4 Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Hi,i just registered just to say how great this mod is...and just wanna be clear,do i need the "Kingdoms" expansion to play this Mod,or i don't need it...Cause i have downloaded "The Third Age Mod" and the "Stainless Steel Mod" just to know that i need "Kingdoms" (Yeah i know,what a waste of time)... ,so yeah..and can someone please seed the Torrent..cause it's kinda slow (1 day to finish) i want to use Direct Download but sometimes the Download stop so i need to try again and again so i used the torrent...Well that's all and what an Awesome mod guys!!...Keep up the good work and goodluck!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitsev028 View Post
    Hi,i just registered just to say how great this mod is...and just wanna be clear,do i need the "Kingdoms" expansion to play this Mod,or i don't need it...

YES you need Kingdoms to play this latest version of BC 2.3.
    (ps... recommend adding a "?" in your sentence there to make it clear you are asking a question, to be clear!)

But you can still play the older version of BC which does not need Kingdoms. That's version 2.02 which still has stickies up in the forum up top.

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

so existing BC version can be remained and without uninstulling it i can add the new one? so i can play both of them BC 1.05(current one) and 2.3 ?
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

You can certainly have 2.02 and 2.3 installed, and play them both; they won't interfere with each other. I'm not sure about BC 1.05, though.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    You can certainly have 2.02 and 2.3 installed, and play them both; they won't interfere with each other. I'm not sure about BC 1.05, though.
    thanks too much... i have nor installed 2.02 yet so i better wait for 3.0
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

I completely sympathize with Dago Red about the need for more forts to guard choke-points when playing factions that end up with multiple fronts, like KOJ (that historically made extensive use of smallish satellite castles to hold ground--perhaps it was the Norman influence, that involved them building castles every 10-15 miles).
    Or rather, I sympathize with the need for player to have capability to build stone forts as needed. For a price..perhaps 4000 each. Or even higher, like 6000.

And I think stone forts, rather than camps, are called for. Despite the fact that most forts started off as motte-and-bailey (or equivalent thereof), and became stone/masonry structures over time; there's no way of modding a two-tier construction process (i.e., player plonks down 1000 to build an encampment, then has option 1+ turn later to upgrade it to stone for an additional 5k). Although it would be very cool if it were possible!

The economics of a 6k stone fort are sound, I believe, as two garrisoned knight-class units will save player >600 turn. Means that fort will pay for itself in 10 turns. Although it more likely they'd end up garrisoned with 1 spear + 1 bow unit = 300-400 savings/turn, = fort paid for over 15-20 turns.

Have managed to place more stone forts in descr_strat.txt, that show up ok at game start, but engine doesn't recognize them as forts..can't put troops in them. If anybody knows how to mod fort activation/creation, any help would be most appreciated, as I'd really like to add fort-ing to my BC experience.
    Last edited by Hieronymos; June 13, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    YES you need Kingdoms to play this latest version of BC 2.3.
    (ps... recommend adding a "?" in your sentence there to make it clear you are asking a question, to be clear!)

But you can still play the older version of BC which does not need Kingdoms. That's version 2.02 which still has stickies up in the forum up top.
    Ohh,thank you..Lol,Sorry for not adding a "?",got carried on by separating what i said...So is the v2.02 good??...sigh* i mean will i miss alot features from 2.3?

The differences are not extreme, you could in fact add on a a variety of sub mods that would change the game much more from what I have gathered in the sub mods thread. You can easily read through all the changes in the preview threads. The main change for me that affects daily gameplay the most is the inclusion of permanent stone forts across the map. But you lose the ability to make camp in temp wood forts in 2.3.

But you can probably get Kingdoms for like 8 bucks by now too!

Hey guys, I just made a small submod to allow players build permanent stone forts at:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=459743

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by rusnmat View Post
    Hey guys, I just made a small submod to allow players build permanent stone forts at:
    Cool
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

Hey Rusnmat,
    just tried out your experimental submod:
    ..but it seems it completely negates free-upkeep feature of forts (using descr_cultures version). Still, nice feature for KOJ & others facing multi-front conflicts.

You would use the original file for submods with some free upkeep ( as one slots in my Harder 2.3 submod) or change the second file to descr_cultures name to reduce the buld cost to 7000 d ( for vanilla or submods without free upkeep)

dude this is a great mod, me my bro and some homies set up custom battles on this. hours upon hours have been spent playing

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Can we install this mod even if I've got other mod installed?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1er View Post
    Can we install this mod even if I've got other mod installed?
    yes, personally i have BC 2.3, Stainless Steel 6.4 and Paeninsula Italica II at the same time.
    post apocalyptic
    metal gear solid - greek fans

"οὐκ ἐν τῷ πολλῷ τὸ εὖ

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Awesome preview!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blĉkk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock: