Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to Make New Buildings

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: How to Make New Buildings

Try searching for "error" or turning tracing off in your mod's config:

level = * error

instead of

level = * trace

It might well be that there are no errors in the log anyway. But it always pays to look for them.

Attaching your EDB and EB files will help - I'm not completely following your descriptions of what you've done.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Try searching for "error" or turning tracing off in your mod's config:<br>
    <br>
    level = * error<br>
    <br>
    instead of <br>
    <br>
    level = * trace<br>

It might well be that there are no errors in the log anyway. But it always pays to look for them.<br>

Attaching your EDB and EB files will help - I'm not completely following your descriptions of what you've done.
    now i get this
    20:32:32.519 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    this is both edited and vanilla files
    in the market section underneath the bosporan one i create entries for greek cities. i took as an example the bosporan one<br>
    {market_one_f_cul_1} Emporion (Small Marketplace)
    {market_one_f_cul_1_desc} long descri.....
    {market_one_f_cul_1_desc_short} An emporion, a place of exchange, has been established here, for the first time. It is only a matter of time, before the settlement expands due to demand.
    i use notepad++
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by clone; September 16, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

(Can you zip it next time? It's taking 5 minutes to download via that "slow download" option.)

Okay... I don't have EB2 but it looks like faction names begin with "f_", e.g. "f_bosporan" is the internal name of the faction, not "bosporan". And cultures seem to be named "cul_1" etc.

So try this:

{market_one_cul_1} Emporion (Small Marketplace)
    {market_one_cul_1_desc} long descri.....
    {market_one_cul_1_desc_short} An emporion, ...

i.e. "cul_1" not "f_cul_1".

clone's Avatar Primicerius

thanks a lot it works now. can i ask a last question. how can i find the the internal name of factions in order to not do the same mistake
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

descr_sm_factions.txt. Their game names are in expanded.txt.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

EBII uses the f prefix for factions to make script reading easier.

Hi, is it possible to alternatively DISABLE buildings???

in my time playng mtw2, ive found many maaaany enemy armies made up of ballistas, catapults etc. and it makes them too easy to be taken down and its really frustrating to being constantly attacked by such armies and not by real, strong armies. Because of that, ive changed the 'export_descr_buildings' and i delete all ballista buildings (i dont care for i dont use siege weapons) but once i create a new campaign the buildings are still (buildable?). Im looking for someone who can give advice in such matter (unless its hardcoded), so i can enter the files and modify them to prevent factions from building balista makers.

You deleted the buildings but they're still in the game? Sounds like your changes had no effect. See here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13638666

You can easily disable construction by adding this blue text...

Code:
    stables castle requires factions { ... } and event_counter no_construction 1
    "no_construction" is just an event counter that does not exist.

Blog Entries

Did you unpack the game and deleted the entry from the unpacked EDB? Then perhaps you require this entry in the games CFG file:

In the [io] section add this line: file_first = 1
    Then make the file 'read-only'

i try to condition units recruiting with "and building present..." witch caused CTD, (it's only for buildings ) and with "and secret resource armourer" witch dose not have effect ( or i did not done something right although i add new secret resource in browser on top of the EDB file ). can be done some other way, to assign terms for units recruiting?

is file_first = true same as file_first = 1?
    sorry for double post

Quote Originally Posted by sale70 View Post
    i try to condition units recruiting with "and building present..." witch caused CTD, (it's only for buildings )
    it should be fine BUT only if the building doesn't have any other effect except recruitment... so it can't have happiness bonus or free upkeep spaces or basically anything except recruit lines...

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    it should be fine BUT only if the building doesn't have any other effect except recruitment... so it can't have happiness bonus or free upkeep spaces or basically anything except recruit lines...
    so army_barracks have low_bonus and that's why and secret resource armourer wont work? but howAOR units work with secret resource? did i do something wrong, or i did not do something more?

Blog Entries

You may have the syntax wrong:

and hidden_resource [name of resource listed at top of EDB, needs to entered in relevant region in descr_region]
    and building_present_min_level [building tree name] [lowest desired building level]

Example:

Code:
    alchemy_school city requires factions { northern_european, } and hidden_resource explorers_guild and building_present_min_level market merchants_quarter
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 11, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You may have the syntax wrong:
    and hidden_resource [name of resource listed at top of EDB, needs to entered in relevant region in descr_region]
    and building_present_min_level [building tree name] [lowest desired building level]...
    oh, yeah, now i see! i put building_present armourer and that is mistake!
    so, hidden_resource need update to descr_region too, and building_present_min_level is generally for all regions! thx man!

Blog Entries

The hidden_resource entry gets defined on top of the EDB. It then needs to be added to those regions in descr_regions so that a restriction (or exclusion) will work.

My bad: building_present uses only the tree name, using the above example (any level of that tree will fulfill that condition):
    Code:
    alchemy_school city requires factions { northern_european, } and  hidden_resource explorers_guild and building_present market

but only building_present make my game go CTD when condition is fulfilled ( army_barracks ). maybe building_present_min_level will do the job, or is it only for buildings, not for troops ( for EDB not for EDU )?

Blog Entries

...building_present uses only the tree name,...
    army_barracks is a tree level, in this case it should be the tree name - just barracks:

building barracks
    {
    convert_to castle_barracks
    levels town_watch town_guard city_watch militia_drill_square militia_barracks army_barracks royal_armoury
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 12, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

my recruit line in militia_barracks city was recruit_pool "Alemanic Guard" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { Saxons, } and building_present armourer and made me go CTD. so u r saying my line must go: recruit_pool "Alemanic Guard" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { Saxons, } and building_present smith and i will have no CTD. but then i can recruit unit when i build militia_barracks with any level of smith present; my condition was armourer present. can i put the line like this and don't get CTD: recruit_pool "Alemanic Guard" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { Saxons, } and building_present_min_level smith armourer​?

Blog Entries

It needs to be building_present smith if ANY level of the building tree will do
    It needs to be building_present_min_level smith armourer if you want a minimum building level to be present (this is what you want).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast