Page 39 of 158 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748496489139 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

It took the enemy team 2 minutes to capture because they could'nt find their airport. Myself, this is when I saw a bunch of enemies 500 meters ahead of me that I realize that I was above the enemy fleet, I thought I was near our spawn. Very confusing !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Comes Domesticorum

This is becoming too ****ing annoying, nobody is covering bombers and I can't do jack **** on bomber maps like Port or Two Towns.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How do I turn off that godawful fps graph?
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

It took the enemy team 2 minutes to capture because they could'nt find their airport. Myself, this is when I saw a bunch of enemies 500 meters ahead of me that I realize that I was above the enemy fleet, I thought I was near our spawn. Very confusing !

Wow, I keep thinking i've gotten night time matches but it's always just cloud cover, nothing like that though.

Also I think I had a match on African canyon, where some guy in a beaufighter (My team was rank 5 or lower) went up above the ground targets, shot down all our bombers, and then after shooting down a bunch of fighters went to our spawn and shot people down for like 5 minutes. That was probably the worst thing I've seen, it was like he was taking no damage from anyones guns, and went down after being rammed 2 or 3 times.

Is that someone cheating (is it possible in this game?) or just a skilled guy with an OP plane trolling?
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Wow, I keep thinking i've gotten night time matches but it's always just cloud cover, nothing like that though.

Also I think I had a match on African canyon, where some guy in a beaufighter (My team was rank 5 or lower) went up above the ground targets, shot down all our bombers, and then after shooting down a bunch of fighters went to our spawn and shot people down for like 5 minutes. That was probably the worst thing I've seen, it was like he was taking no damage from anyones guns, and went down after being rammed 2 or 3 times.

Is that someone cheating (is it possible in this game?) or just a skilled guy with an OP plane trolling?
    Being skilled with Beaufighter is rather deadly, and likely the case since I don't know of any cheats in War Thunder yet.

A problem I've been encountering is planes jumping about, they're in one place and then they jump to another one. I don't know if it's a server side problem or one on my right, but my ping is usually around 70-80 so it's not that bad afaik.

sickpeople's Avatar Semisalis

So I played this game at September while it was still closed beta I think? There were like 3 maps overall in Arcade mode and everyone used spitfires. Is it worth getting into now or should I wait for more updates? (BTW my joystick broke recently so no simulator mode for me yet)

Idiots, Idiots never change.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by sickpeople View Post
    So I played this game at September while it was still closed beta I think? There were like 3 maps overall in Arcade mode and everyone used spitfires. Is it worth getting into now or should I wait for more updates? (BTW my joystick broke recently so no simulator mode for me yet)
    Definitely. Plenty of maps and game modes, and Spitfire is no longer OP. Russian planes still are of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Definitely. Plenty of maps and game modes, and Spitfire is no longer OP. Russian planes still are of course.
    Ok then. WarThunder.com will be my next destination.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I like how people just except Russians being op as standard

"Just as long as the Spitfires are not were good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    I like how people just except Russians being op as standard

"Just as long as the Spitfires are not were good"
    As long as the line between slightly op and uber op :khemWoTkhem: isnt crossed I'm fine. After all the satisfaction in shooting down an IL-2 with your BF109 is that much sweeter.

Content Emeritus

Wait till you meet the La-5/La-7 then.
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Isn't it supposed to be some sort of match making in the background? I'm still at a bi-plane level and I've been flying with and against ME-109's and the sort, doesn't seem entirely fair :C

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm not entirely sure what matchmaking there is... there appears to be a very loose matchmaker but it's not very effective.

You'd be surprised how well biplanes do against monoplanes however. I regularly have Russian biplanes on my tail and can't shake them because they can turn inside my turning circle every time and if I head in a straight line to outrun then, they get a good few seconds of being able to hit me.
    Stick with the main group and use the distraction of your allies to slot in behind an enemy.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be some sort of match making in the background? I'm still at a bi-plane level and I've been flying with and against ME-109's and the sort, doesn't seem entirely fair :C
    Typically, Reserve planes and Tier 0 planes usually are all together. The moment you add a higher-tiered plane to your hangar for each nation, you get matched based on it. So you can have one Tier 4 plane and everything else reserve and you'll be matched based on that. In any case, when the server isn't too populated, matchmaking isn't great, which is why you should usually wait until the afternoon-evening to play (European time).

I saw a B-17 in one of my German battles two days ago and my highest plane was a tier 6 i believe. At least that's my tier in the german line. Might only be a tier 5 i had armed...

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Right, I've been grinding the Germans because I'm almost at level 7 and I want that Stuka.

My question is, I only have about 200,000 credits, I was planning on replacing my He112 with the Bf 109 F-4 and my Ju.87 D-5 with the Ju.87 G-2.

Is there any real bonus that the Bf 109 F-4/trop has over the normal F-4? Because I can't seem to see any in the stats but the trop costs more to repair.
    Is there any real bonus that the Ju.87 G-2 has over the Ju,87 G-1 other than the extra ammo? Which is obviously a big bonus but I just wondered, since they're both on the same rank. It's the Bf 109 I was more curious about.

Also, would I just be better off replacing my current Bf 109 E-3 with one of the F-4's so that I have the two F-4's... because I kinda like my E-3. I always preferred the look of the E series 109's to the mid-later ones.

Comes Domesticorum

If I recall, Timbab didn't like the F-4/Trop because it would perform funky in a dive or something.

I would recommend to have a F4 instead of the E-3 but it's a matter of taste.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Content Emeritus

lol dont get the Stuka Gs all they have are cannons, that are crap unless you hit something with their limited magazines.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Comes Domesticorum

God, no ****ing map is even remotely doable for bombers anymore, since half the enemy team flies at high altitude and none of your own team's fighters are anywhere to be seen.