Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Italy Election Day

Default Re: Silvio Berlusconi confirms new Italy PM bid

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    Grillo is an outsider, not a literal clown.A vote for his political movement is a vote of rebellion against the old political class.There is nothing really weird about that.
    Yes, and do they have a serious concept beyond defeating the old political class? Because that's the important part.

The next few year won't be fun.How a country that can't find a way to govern itself fun?
    Sarcasm...

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-live-coverage

Silvio is kicking some serious butt.
    That will teach little people to not go after Billionaire media moguls. Yes, Silvio CAN say "Corruption is awesome! I love it!" and still be a deciding factor in the elections.

Silvio is the Chuck Norris of politics. You can't beat him. Period. So the best you can do is not give him reasons to go after you. Because you'll find yourself crying amid the ashes of your dreams (along with the ashes of the global stock market).

So while the markets panic and topple, while uncertainity over the future flies upward, people should remember it all started because some people thought they could actually convict Silvio.
    Meh. Yesterday I watched the full episode of Travaglio & Santoro vs Berlusconi. I ****ing hate all of them, but I can see why the average voter would vote Silvio after that.
    Travaglio got buried as a liar and opportunist, Santoro as a Soviet trying to cover the truth. Berlusconi is a succesfull media mogul because he knows his **** better than everyone in Italy. End of the story.

I gave 3 ****ing votes to Grillo anyways. What a shameful day to be Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Yes, and do they have a serious concept beyond defeating the old political class? Because that's the important part.

Sarcasm...
    They have some broad points.But they present themselves as a check against the other parties' schemes, not really as a party that can actually form a goverment.Not enough experience for that, everyone knows that including them.Maybe they can mature as a political movement, we will see.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    No. Who cares? A lot of them are young, fresh faced radicals with a couple of realists thrown into it to steer the ship (and Grillo as the populist figurehead). I'd much prefer that to the stooges of the EU, Monti and Bersani, or worse, Belursconi, who is not even funny anymore, just a vile, inhumane little man.

5 Stelle's objective is to engage in radical state reforms from top to bottom, not to offer an alternative Tweedledee to the establishment parties' Tweedledum.

EDIT : Is it true that Grillo has the popular vote? If so, pretty scandalous that he came third...
    Last edited by King Gambrinus; February 25, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

Looks like we won't have a government. Good news.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

The markets and finance houses want Monti, The Eurozone mafia want Monti.
    Mark my words the Italian people will be getting Monti one way or another.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Revolutionary View Post

EDIT : Is it true that Grillo has the popular vote? If so, pretty scandalous that he came third...
    His party is first in one chamber and second in another, but considering coalitions then he is third.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    The markets and finance houses want Monti, The Eurozone mafia want Monti.
    Mark my words the Italian people will be getting Monti one way or another.

The Eurozone hoped for a Bersani victory with a Monti alliance, now Bersani has lost and Monti doesn't have the number to have any weight in parliament.If Monti forms a goverment it would only be for a new election law to be made and new elections to be held.
    Last edited by Caesar Germanico; February 25, 2013 at 02:50 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Berlusca, the evil Dwarf is winnig the vote for the Senate!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    He lost two times.
    Defeated, but not beaten.
    He will remain a deciding factor in Italian politics (as opposition or as leader) as long as he is alive. Many underestimated him. They considered him done for because of a trivial corruption trial. As if anyone that votes for Silvio doesn't already know he's corrupt as rotten apple. They laughed at his 10% 2 months ago.
    And he kicked them in the nuts. Again.

I still don't think he will make goverment, but he taught them that you don't play against Silvio. You let him be.

http://news.yahoo.com/italy-faces-po...202136123.html

"When Berlusconi was forced out of office in November 2011, he was widely assumed to have joined the political dead. At 76, blamed for mismanaging the economy and disgraced by criminal allegations of sex with an underage prostitute, a comeback seemed impossible. But one thing has become axiomatic about Berlusconi in his 20 years at the center of Italian politics: Never count him out."
    Last edited by alhoon; February 25, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Of course he won't make a goverment, the man lost 7 million of votes compared to 2008.

@yes but he will not have a majority there, no one will.

I'd be fairly ok with another round of elections.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

What a shame!!! Berlusconi almost re-elected. I'm proud to be one of those 25% of still sane people that voted M5S

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Lol, it would be fun if Berlusconi won the upper house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Result of elections

Senate, updated at 00:56 AM

http://elezioni.interno.it/senato/sc...S000000000.htm

Chamber of Deputies, updated at 00:56 AM

http://elezioni.interno.it/camera/sc...C000000000.htm

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Go Berlusconi!! Seize the Senate!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Hope not. He's just a disgrace for humanity. Anyway, center-left or center-right will not have a solid majority to rule the country. Winner will rule for no more than 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Go Berlusconi!! Seize the Senate!!

Looks like his coalition is not first in any of the chambers, still his comeback in the electoral campaing and Grillo's exploit makes a PD/SEL or PD/SEL + Monti goverment impossible.At this point if a goverment will be formed it will be just for a new election law to be made and new elections to be held.

Default Re: Italy Election Day

Only chance they have is to find a sort of agreement with the M5S of Grillo. But we already know the Grillo's points of view about eventual alliances. He wants to send them all home, so we'll have a period of ungovernability for quite long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Occhi Di Davide View Post
    Only chance they have is to find a sort of agreement with the M5S of Grillo. But we already know the Grillo's points of view about eventual alliances. He wants to send them all home, so we'll have a period of ungovernability for quite long time.
    That's why Grillo will be the un-doing of the Italian Republic, if he is allowed to play his role. His movement has a great nothingness as a program, it's just "against, against, against". After having pushed Italy over the edge, it will dissolve. Honestly, yesterday was the beginning of a long European decline. European nation states will become less and less important globally. And Europe as a whole cannot prosper without Italy. And barely 50% of the Italian electorate chose to say "Basta!" to Berlusconi (affluenza 75%, di cui 30% x Berlusconi). Any voter of M5S just wants to see the whole house come crushing down. What they don't get: They won't be watching from the sidelines. They will be buried in the rubble. Now my decision stands: I will leave Italy again at the nearest opportunity. That way, I will "only" choke from the dust that a crumbled Italy will cover the neighbors with.
    "The cheapest form of pride however is national pride. For it reveals in the one thus afflicted the lack of individual qualities of which he could be proud, while he would not otherwise reach for what he shares with so many millions. He who possesses significant personal merits will rather recognise the defects of his own nation, as he has them constantly before his eyes, most clearly. But that poor blighter who has nothing in the world of which he can be proud, latches onto the last means of being proud, the nation to which he belongs to. Thus he recovers and is now in gratitude ready to defend with hands and feet all errors and follies which are its own."-- Arthur Schopenhauer

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Occhi Di Davide View Post
    Do you think Grillo's score will go up if he effectively sends Italy back to the polls? Pretty clever of him to already declare he will not enter a coalition.
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.