Page 56 of 597 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681106156556 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 11936

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Announcements

Horon

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

History: Horon is a small village near the southern borders of Holodrum. It's a very small settlement that has grown little since it was first built. This history of the village is mostly lost to time as the simple Horonians do not have detailed history records. Very few have bothered to investigate the city and even fewer have tried to conquer it: there's not much strategic value or important resources near the city.

Gameplay: Horon can be attacked from all sides except the south, which is impassible because of the large body of water. Every path in the city is rather spacious, making Horon relatively easy to attack with cavalry..

Creator Notes: There's not much to say about Horon. It was a really simple village in Oracle of Ages and it's a really simple village here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragus View Post
    A brief question, Nephalim. When playing this mod, is there an "intended" unit size setting to use? I normally use the largest unit size available, but I was curious if your settlements and your mod were meant for smaller ones. (Which I'll want to be sure to switch to and use if needed.)

I always use the biggest unit size, which I think is "huge" in the options.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    i have a question, so that it is more likely that we actually have a reason to fight the NPC factions, have you fixed the NPC joining policy immediately after gaining an alliance with you, to one which requires Perfect relations and a long term treaty?

Yes it will be fixed.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

The Maku tree?

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Horon

OH HAI MAKU TREE!

Awesome showcase Neph
    ...I wonder now if one is going to show up also in Labrynna's ranks.

Anyway, back to Horon, this is another spot-on settlement
    As it was for Hyrule Castle Town, I would have liked to have a little diversity in roof colors, but seeing as you made these out of straw, that would have been weird...

Rather, if I may, I would have only two minor requests to help recreate a greater sense of familiarity:

That's a nice fountain and I'm glad you made it the place to occupy in order to conquer the settlement, but...

could you raise the fountain a bit, rather than leave it on ground level? And possibly recreate that square shaped pavement with four corners of grass plus pillars?
    It would be a great way to make players go "Ahh... it's THAT place!"

Secondly... how about putting a clock on top of one of the houses?

(Directly north of the fountain, if there is one nearby?)
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; June 20, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

oh wow the Maku Tree is a hero now amazing
    I shall consume... consume everything

Peaceful and simplistic, really nice I like it

Senator

Until I come and burn it to the ground with my legions of doom....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

my only complaint with horon village is the real horon village from oracle of seasons-the shop doesn't sell anything I need! the most useless shop in the entire franchise, the only thing I ever bought from it was a wooden shield :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    my only complaint with horon village is the real horon village from oracle of seasons-the shop doesn't sell anything I need! the most useless shop in the entire franchise, the only thing I ever bought from it was a wooden shield :/
    Nope the bazaar from OOT in hyrule market is. You can get the hylian shield in the graveyard for free

Great going. And many thanks; I'm delighted I'll be able to continue using huge unit sizes.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

All of the settlements are looking amazing. Unless I'm mistaken, was Horon the Last? (can't remember if Zuna had been done).

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

i think Neph will do Asihnon the Gerudo Capital and possibly Kakariko Village before the release

PS: Neph did you figure out how to adapt custom settlements when you choose to build a castle in the settlement? Wasnt there the idea that a tower and possibly walls would appear to defend the settlements when castles were contructed as an add-on?
    Last edited by nintendo64isking; June 22, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Kakariko

History: Kakariko was a town built by the ancient Hylians. Over the centuries it had been abandoned and rebuilt several times, often serving as a trade town and an export center for minerals and stone mined from the Death Mountain Range. It also long served as a base of operations for the Sheikah after one of its reconstructions, though it is unknown if they still maintain a strong presence in the city.

Gameplay: Kakariko is very defensible city despite its humble appearance. There are only three ways into the city: fortified gates at the south, west, and north. Armies attacking from the west and south are limited to those two entrances, while armies attacking from Death Mountain to the north and east are limited to the northern gate. The southern entrance through the graveyard is the path of least resistance, though it's also the longest way to Kakriko's plaza. The western gate entrance moves through the heart of the city on its way to the plaza, allowing defenders plenty of places to ambush their attackers en route. The northern entrance is the closest to the plaza, though it's much easier to defend with cavalry and siege weapons that can fire on enemies descending from the mountain pass.

Creator Notes: Kakariko has seen many incarnations through the series, from a lively village in ALttP to a humble and creepy town in OoT, to a dusty mining port in Twilight Princess. I opted to try and combine various incarnations. In terms of layout the city sticks as close to the OoT incarnation as possible. Iconic buildings such as the Wind Mill, the Well, that watch tower, and the Graveyard are located roughly where they were in OoT. From ALttP I took residential influence for housing and made the village feel a little more occupied. From Twilight Princess I took the environment and economic role of the city into account. Overall I wanted Kakariko to feel like a really spooky town that acted as a middle man between the Hylian and Goron mining operations and the rest of Hyrule.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    PS: Neph did you figure out how to adapt custom settlements when you choose to build a castle in the settlement? Wasnt there the idea that a tower and possibly walls would appear to defend the settlements when castles were contructed as an add-on?
    I have not figured that out yet.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

wow, im impressed! It looks very nice! Custom settlements will make battles for some of the capitals thats much more fun
    Good work, dont let your misfortune get you down!
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

ooh thats a nice kakariko

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

*looks at settlement*

THIS is the Kakariko I know and love. Fantastic work!

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I like what I see, especially the fact that this settlement has some more diversity in colors (roof colors specifically).

But...

what is that building in the middle of town? It has immediately attracted my attention and still monopolizes it... yet I cannot place it.

Could it be a church? Or a small fort?

Anyway, glad to see you replaced the pitiful wooden palisade with a proper stone wall

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Epic kakariko! one thing though: where's the shadow temple?
    Droma: :Rosa

If Dead Hand is a thing in this mod, can Stalfos recruit him in Kakariko? I could totally see him choking a point with his hands.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Dead hand is in game but its just a generic stalfos general that looks like the grim reaper

Kakariko

History: Kakariko was a town built by the ancient Hylians. Over the centuries it had been abandoned and rebuilt several times, often serving as a trade town and an export center for minerals and stone mined from the Death Mountain Range. It also long served as a base of operations for the Sheikah after one of its reconstructions, though it is unknown if they still maintain a strong presence in the city.

Gameplay: Kakariko is very defensible city despite its humble appearance. There are only three ways into the city: fortified gates at the south, west, and north. Armies attacking from the west and south are limited to those two entrances, while armies attacking from Death Mountain to the north and east are limited to the northern gate. The southern entrance through the graveyard is the path of least resistance, though it's also the longest way to Kakriko's plaza. The western gate entrance moves through the heart of the city on its way to the plaza, allowing defenders plenty of places to ambush their attackers en route. The northern entrance is the closest to the plaza, though it's much easier to defend with cavalry and siege weapons that can fire on enemies descending from the mountain pass.

Creator Notes: Kakariko has seen many incarnations through the series, from a lively village in ALttP to a humble and creepy town in OoT, to a dusty mining port in Twilight Princess. I opted to try and combine various incarnations. In terms of layout the city sticks as close to the OoT incarnation as possible. Iconic buildings such as the Wind Mill, the Well, that watch tower, and the Graveyard are located roughly where they were in OoT. From ALttP I took residential influence for housing and made the village feel a little more occupied. From Twilight Princess I took the environment and economic role of the city into account. Overall I wanted Kakariko to feel like a really spooky town that acted as a middle man between the Hylian and Goron mining operations and the rest of Hyrule.

I have not figured that out yet.
    Good, good. I was expecting there to be some interpretation of the Shadow Temple. Not trying to drop a back breaking straw or nothing, but will you be creating custom settlements for things like Death Mountain Crater?