Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

It seems Nicomedia is not exporting its wine resource (and no bonus from the wine trade building). It might be too close to the coast?
    Last edited by Dagda; September 04, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

One suggestion I have is to not have the history facts listed in the 'Faction Announcements menu'. For example the text for the small estate trait takes up a whole section and I just want to see what was given. Can you move the text to the pop-up text in the character profile screen?

Well I am getting CTDs all over the place, starting battles, during battles. I only have a XP P4 3Ghz with 2GB of memory. No Bloom effects, minimal vegitation, no Hi-res units or post-marian general. This clunker just isn't cutting it. Nice graphics though. I have large unit settings, maybe I can go to small and see what happens.

Yeah, I'm with Bosje on being lost without a guide at to what is the right strategy for buildings. Really a wide departure from RS1.6. I noticed no characters are picking up any of the usual traits. Did I miss that explanation somewhere?

Impressive mod. Worth the wait. Now I just need a screaming machine to handle the graphics.
    “Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.” - Winston Churchill.

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Could a PDF be made akin to what the EB team did for the building trees, at least for the romans?

ALso, just noticed that the income mostly comes (pun) from landtrade due to the numerous tax income bonus probably.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Each time I start a Roman campaign the advisor pops up for a second and then disapears again, I start with 5001 dinari every time.
    After that I cannot get the advisor to return.
    This suggests that the script activates automaticaly without me clicking the 'show me how' button, is this normal?
    Does this mean the script is activated?
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

mikea4's Avatar Miles

Great Job in releasing RSII I've so far enjoyed the experience. However, I have recently tried the bloom effects, I used the dark version, (it looked awesome by the way) though it gave me a big headache for some reason. It was probably that my eyes weren't used to the awesomeness of the graphics. You should probably type up a warning on the bloom section of the release thread, that it may cause headaches. But great job overall, and congratulations. THe graphics are awesome, and I couldn't be more happy. Thank you for taking your time and not rushing the release.

Local Time: 10:00 AM. RS2 downloaded and installed at 11.13 PM last night. Did I had any sleep? No. Started a few custom battles, and then a Roman and a Spartan campaign simultaneously.

Installation: The download was a real charm (I choose FileFront. Multiple simultaneous downloads, no waiting time, great speed). The installation was an absolute success too. The instructions are very strait forward. I started for first time the launcher, which by the way is a piece of art, extremely easy and useful. I made my choices there and started the game.

In Game Impressions: I loved the new Map, and the sea animation is the best I ever saw in a RTW mod. The cards, the menus, everything in the campaign UI looks wonderful. But that was nothing compared with what I saw when I entered the battle map. From where to start? The things that impressed me are so many.. The new bloom effect? (which is better to use it with minimal UI in battle and toggle it off in campaign map (it gives a glow) - SHIFT+F12 turns it on and of in battle or in campaign map - It gives a beautiful cinematic atmosphere in the game. The graphics on units? beyond description, the environment? I thought I was watching a real film. All are so well tied together that makes the gaming experience a real pleasure. So far I had no major issues or problems. Everything runs smoothly. I'll soon start my first RS2 AAR. A big thanks again, to all the RS team for the wonderful job you did all these years and the sweat, tears blood you put on it. It surely worthed the wait.

All the best
    Last edited by Enasteron; September 05, 2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: grammatical corrections
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

Chicken's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post
    Each time I start a Roman campaign the advisor pops up for a second and then disapears again, I start with 5001 dinari every time.
    This suggests that the script activates automaticaly without me clicking the 'show me how' button, is this normal?
    Yeah the script auto activates everytime you start up RS2 and start playing the campaign
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakomar View Post
    Your dancing chicken is hypnotising me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post
    It activate automatically the first time you start the campaign.

After that when you start a campaign you need to click on a settlement and the advisor pops up. Click her and you'll start the script.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

After played a bit to this incredible thing i'm really speechless. I've got a sense of confusion in the first moments, there are so many new stuff and contets in this. The well done building tree help me a lot for what concern the new development cities system. Also it is really difficult and challangin....great fun. Marvellous system of traits, so deep! In few words this is what i've always wanted from a RTW mod.
    Following the instructions for the installation litterally and everything works like a charm. My laptop and my nvidia Geforce 9600gtm on it do their work and i can play with the good graphical option: default vegetation, high res unit and everything else set up to maximum, with an AA powered by the graphic card of 16*. However i disable the bloom cause i didn't like it. The only one thing is a script error when i exit the game to desktop, but only when i use custom battles.
    Really impressive guys, no matter how long had we to wait. Stunning. It's like a virtual trip in another world and age. I can fell the passion in there. How can i explain my gratitude in simple words?!
    Respect to RSII team and to everyone who contributed here. It's been a long road, but the goal is incredible. Thanks again.

Do you guys have a map that shows these areas of recruitment for the legions? I know I build the special building in the settlement I want to get a legion but its a specific legion pertaining to the region right?

before i give the wrong impression, i have to say that i love the detail. i love the easy installation instructions, i love the fact that i had no problems starting the game and my campaign (except my launcher is faulty but i posted that elsewhere). the whole thing looks fantastic and i was immediately thrown into a battle as hannibal ambushed my stack when i tried to move it. that battle was amazing, i think the battle mechanics are highly realistic, fights last a long time, not too many casualties on both sides, the battle is won by using proper tactics, as you flank them they eventually rout from there, freeing up more soldiers to rout the rest of the army. fantastic stuff!
    i had loads of questions about all the new stuff which i have to answer for myself by simply playing around a bit...

ok so i played around a little

carthage is gone from Italy, the rebellion is crushed and i'm making 30k a turn which is enough to keep building up my cities and improving my military. and i really really need a couple of pointers at this stage.

annex or citizens? there is a choice to be made. should i try to give all italian cities full citizenship as the ultimate goal? does that involve leaving them at allied level until the next tier becomes available? should i even bother building wine and trade and import stuff before they are full citizens? can i safely annex a city if they have 190% happiness? will that prevent me from ever making the citizens? what are the cons and pros of these different paths? (or did i really not read the building descriptions properly and does all the above sound like complete crap to you?)
    there's loads of nice and interesting and probably useful information in all the building descriptions but they don't say which is the smarter choice. all trade stuff asap before giving the city the next oppium? wtf? should i treat those minor temples as just handy things to upgrade happiness as and when happiness becomes a problem? and why does every single governour pick up the poor with taxes trait, even though i am building academies and markets where i can? (high taxes all round)

as for characters, why are my guys not gaining any command stars? at all? my faction leader and his legion fought a dozen battles, half of them heroic victories. the guy is worshipped by his troops, which is a nice roleplaying trait, but he still only has his starting 2 stars. his 2nd in command became a political general (-2 command) so he's useless for the rest of the campaign.

do generals only develop when left outside settlements? should i really make sure that no general ever gets to govern a settlement, even only one turn? how do i make sure my guys take the right career path and how can i find out which path they took?
    i badly need good generals so i recruited some tribunes but they all turn into lawyers with +management/-command traits
    i have a few senators here, questors there and so on, but i would really like a comprehensive explanation of how this leadership, political career tree and governor/general career path thing works. calvin's preview has a nice illustration of it, but from what i see in my game, a lot of those traits are hidden/cut/changed. could somebody please throw me a bone here?

thank you

again, despite my annoyance about the lack of guidelines/pointers, i really do like the look and scope of this mod, i'm playing this for hours now and there'll be many many hours more, because it appears to be the single best supermod ever for a TW game .

bosje out

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

When can you build legions?

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

When i start launcher in left corner it says something like Gta VIce City, what was that?

How do you activate the black region borders on the minimap?

€: Nevermind, found it out by myself.
    Last edited by Captain Slow; September 05, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

I just have a quick question, if I would rather have Syracuse or the Bosporan Kingdom, where do I go to replace one of them with Sparta?

Ian Altano's Avatar Senator

Stupid question, I know: I've been searching high and low for the 1-turn recruitment option... Where is it exactly?

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Altano View Post
    Stupid question, I know: I've been searching high and low for the 1-turn recruitment option... Where is it exactly?
    In your Data > IMPORTANT STUFF folder, most likely.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Altano View Post

Activate the launcher. When it starts, on the top left, there are two drop down menus. The second one is for the engine you want to use (RTW, BI or ALEX), and on top of that, there you can choose a faction for a zero turn recruitment game (for example rome or karthage) OR you can choose "One turn recruitment campaigns" or something like that. You DONT have to choose a faction in the launcher, if you've choosen "One turn recruitment", you will have to do this later in the game (like you would with vanilla rome).

I hope my explanation helps.
    Last edited by Captain Slow; September 05, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

First of all i want to say that the Mod is really great.

All the waiting was worth it.

One little thing:

The same problem as in 1.6, I`m not able to put my siege weapons anywhere at the battlefield because there ist forest everywhere.
    Is there a solution for this?
    "If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you can not do that, then perhaps the men does not deserve to die. [...] A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."
    Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell