Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: New Update for Empire

CA Developer Icon New Update for Empire

Dear All,

Today we’re announcing that a new update for Empire: Total War will shortly be entering its beta group phase.

We’ve spent the last few months listening to and acting on fan feedback on the battle AI in Empire, and this update has been designed to improve your experience.

This update seeks to reduce the occurrence of aggressive melee behavior in the AI armies, milling or ‘blobbing’ behavior during formation and the leapfrogging of units sometimes experienced.

It’s important to set expectations realistically with this update, where these issues occur they will be significantly reduced but not altogether eliminated.
    The Battle AI will be a significant improvement over Empire 1.5, and is based on Empire. It will not exhibit the progression seen in Napoleons more advanced Battle AI system.

The beta group phase is for an indeterminate length of time so the public release date of this update isn’t scheduled yet.
    If you’d like to take part in the beta and test the update for compatibility and stability please contact Sensei and sign up for the beta group.

Please note we’re not looking for feedback on the BAI’s performance in general, we’re looking to test stability and performance at this stage.

----

As an addendum we'd like to extend a special thanks to those who took part constructively and politely on the discussion thread here at the TWC, your points were well received.

Kind regards,
    Kieran

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: New Update for Empire

OMG! I was right to love the CA! You didn't gave up on us. And everybody thought I was insane.

BTW did you read this post and fix these bugs. Please.

I like ETW. It could be better as all things in life. But its a game. I would be happy if only 4 minor bugs would be fixed. I like the CA and many people think that maybe I am insane.

4 minor bugs that I would like to see fixed please;
    - When you capture a ship there is a question mark instaed of the unit card
    - Organ gun goes missing when you zoom out
    - and there is no Admit Defeat button in MP
    - in MP beta campaign I can't use the latest DLC units (Elites of America)

Just those 4 things bother me. Its 2 hours work for a programer. Please do that for our precious. Please.

Thank you CA

Sir Nicholas Altman

CA supporter
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; February 08, 2010 at 08:19 AM.

i didn't expect this! WOW

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

A pleasant surprise. There may still be life in ETW yet
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Looks like I was right about the "no more patches" rumor being B.S.

Mmm, vindication. *gargle*

This is great news.

Well Kieran himself said they wouldn't be releasing anymore updates in the ''CA finished with empire'' thread. Good that you all reconsidered, may yet restore some faith in CA.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

THIS is what PERSEVERANCE will get!

If we had rolled and played dead over like so many fan boys suggested and just 'accepted' ETW as it is, this would NOT nave happened.

To CA: T H A N K - Y O U (finally)

I will wait as patently as I can.

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; February 08, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

Dear All,

Just a quick note to say this update focuses on the BAI solely as this was identified as the main community issue. Specifically within that it seeks to address the 'melee issue', the 'blob' issue and the leapfrogging glitch.
    We want to maintain a reasonable level of expectation around this, as its purpose is just the BAI as identified (kindly) by your good selves and others.

And again, these issues will be significantly reduced where they occur and BAI behaviour improved, but they may still be present in a few battles.

Thanks again to all those that offered constructive feedback.

Kind regards,
    Kieran

So can you fix the fort repair button while you're at it?

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

BAI solely is fine with me, I'm actually fairly OK with the rest of the game (except sige battles but another day on that one perhaps)

I may actually consider NTW now

hip63

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

A positive surprise. Obviously there will be some talk of the patch being just made to make more people buy NTW (though that's what it is, too ), but nonetheless you are patching Empire. Hopefully the patch works well.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by TW Rehab View Post
    We want to maintain a reasonable level of expectation around this, as its purpose is just the BAI as identified (kindly) by your good selves and others.

And again, these issues will be significantly reduced where they occur and BAI behaviour improved, but they may still be present in a few battles.
    I'm pretty sure that is what most of us were asking for. Thanks for listening.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Those are some great news. It's good to know CA haven't abandoned one of their games in such a problematic state. It's great that we'll be able to play Empire alongside with Napoleon, even if the BAI is not in completely even grounds. A honest improvement to the BAI might bring back the fun to battling in Empire (at least when fort assaults are not concerned).
    Last edited by Solar; February 08, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
    believe in nothing.

CA, Kieren...thank you for this. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

While there are several other recognized bugs in the game, your assessment was correct...the BAI is by far the biggest concern of ETW players and therefore it is a good decision to focus CA's limited resources on this. We thank you.
    Last edited by ♔Dignan♔; February 08, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Looks like I was right about the "no more patches" rumor being B.S.

Mmm, vindication. *gargle*

This is great news.

i recall that you are a CA apologist. If true, i can assure you it was the efforts of the complainers, the same posters you take issue with, more than anything you've done to help make this BAI patch a reality.

that and NTW pre orders are probably not where they want them to be right now, either.

Kieran, CA STILL owes us, but actions like this make it possible for me to buy NTW in a few months.. POSSIBLY, NOT LIKELY, BUT MAYBE. so for this particular instance, thank you for attempting to address the communities concerns.

You simply must do the repair button while you're at it.

Woo! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by emperor77 View Post
    Well Kieran himself said they wouldn't be releasing anymore updates in the ''CA finished with empire'' thread. Good that you all reconsidered, may yet restore some faith in CA.

Indeed. Kudos to CA
    lol

I will wait for the result...sorry but simple words do no longer convince me. The more i will be delighted if the patch is really coming and really changs something...or the less i will be dissapointed if this turns out to be another strategical marketing hoax.

Suprise me

*Monocle pops out of eye socket*

A gentleman's prayers have been answered!
    Napoleon Battle AARs:
    Sublime Combat -- Gentleman at war!

Cpl. Victor Rinaldi - Governer General's Horse Guards, 32nd Brigade Group, Canadian Forces. Shame to him who thinks evil of it

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast