Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "Vastator Unit Style 1.3". A more unit variety type mod. 1.3 RELEASED!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Icon12 "Vastator Unit Style 1.3". A more unit variety type mod. 1.3 RELEASED!

DESCRIPTION

Vastator Unit Style (VUS) is a visual mod for Sengoku Jidai period (the original Shogun 2) that changes the look of almost every unit in the game!

Principal features of this mod:

• It changes only the look of current units, no new units, no gameplay changes.
    • Variation between units is considerably improved. No more units that look the same!
    • Variation between soldier of the same unit is also improved, especially ashigaru units.
    • Elite units now have a bad-ass look. Fear them!
    • Hero (and Saints) units aspect total remade. No more standard samurai units renamed(like in vanilla), but unit with an exclusive aspect with high quality pieces of armor to reflect their status (and also their in game stats)!
    • New exclusive warrior monks unit, alongside new Ikko Ikki unit look!
    • It's fully compatible with multiplayer (TWCenter version) and many many other mods, such as DarthMod.

INSTALLATION
    How to install
    There are 2 ways.

FIRST AND QUICKEST WAY
    Go to Steam Workshop page of my mod and click subscribe HERE
    If you already subscribed a previous version it should update automatically.
    This version is not compatible with multiplayer, if you want to play MP disable it in the mod manager that appears when you start shogun 2, or download the following version,

SECOND WAY (MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE)
    This version, unlike steam workshop one, it's compatible with multiplayer.
    1)Remove any previous version of the mod by removing all files starting with vus in your ....\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data folder)
    2)Download this file and unzip its content in your ....\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data folder MIRR1 MIRR2

If you like the mod a vote here or on steam will be very appreciate

SCREENSHOOTS
    Screenshoots
    Note: screens taken with also other mods on (see "other recommended mods" section below)

Great Guard

Tetsubo Hero

Naginata Hero

Bow Cavalry

Bow Warrior Monks

Fire Cavalry

Naginata Warrior Monks

Yari Cavalry

Naginata Samurai

Katana Hero

Bulletproof Samurai

Bow Hero

Warrior Monk Cavalry

Bow Ashigaru

No-dachi Hero

Wako Raiders

Yari Ashigaru

Ninja Hero

Shimazu Katana Samurai

Light Cavalry

OTHER RECOMMENDED MODS

Here are some other visual mods i'm currently using (as you may see on the screens above) that are 100% VUS compatible and are 100% worth trying!

Demokritos' ACC: new awesome faction colors!
    Bulldog's Daymos and Generals mod: the name says it all!
    Superghostboy's mods: new awesome graphic effects and others!
    Bulldog's Horse texture fix: now horses are a lot better!

Special thanks to Daniu for his awesome PFM and to CA for their modding tool that made some things quicker for me.
    Thanks also for every person that has post here with suggestions, critics, support and appreciation comments

Comments, criticism, suggestions will be really welcome.

Cheers
    Last edited by =Vastator=; April 04, 2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: mod updated

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style". A more unit variety type mod. 1st preview inside.

Wow Brilliant!, is going to be compatible with all of raidous units pack and in game? as a big unit variety mod?, loving your work! keep up!

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style". A more unit variety type mod. 1st preview inside.

I'm not a fan of this "mask without helmet" idea, but that's just me and I like realism most of all. I don't think anyone wore mempo without helmet, as it straps helped to keep the mask in place. Actually, I think those masks were least favourite part of samurai armour, as they were regarded as particularly uncomfortable and rather rarely worn in battle.
    But, as I said, this is my point of view, not everyone must think it's important, and other than that they sure stand out and look impressive. Nice mod.
    Last edited by BullGod; October 25, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    I'm not a fan of this "mask without helmet" idea, but that's just me and I like realism most of all. I don't think anyone wore mempo without helmet, as it straps helped to keep the mask in place. Actually, I think those masks were least favourite part of samurai armour, as they were regarded as particularly uncomfortable and rather rarely worn in battle.
    But, as I said, this is my point of view, not everyone must think it's important, and other than that they sure stand out and look impressive. Nice mod.
    Thanks for your post.
    Like i said, i don't pretend to create a 100% historical accurate mod, since i don't know very much about japanese soldiers, so this kind of posts are welcome. I think only that unit is currently wearing mempo without helemet in this small mod (so it's only an ecception), but maybe i'll change in the future, i don't know.
    Regarding the fact that samurai didn't wear masks in battlefield, well, i'm with you: this is a question of the same type as "Did templars wear cloaks when fighting?". But, since this is a game where the graphical aspect is of primary importance, i'll continue to use masks.

@Hazeyshot
    I dont know, but i should be. When it's ready you'll try this for me.

To be clear, It was jut a comment, not criticism of your work. I'm not asking you to change anything. I think mod should be fun to make and play with for a modder in the first place.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

oh BTW you should use BG's Horse Fix Mod. I can see from the Screenshots that its vanilla bug on your horses.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    oh BTW you should use BG's Horse Fix Mod. I can see from the Screenshots that its vanilla bug on your horses.
    Yes, found now. Now the horses are a lot better.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Does this affect the uniforms, the textures or both ?
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Does this affect the uniforms, the textures or both ?
    What is shown above is basically game stuff (models and textures) not created by me, that is not used in vanilla for vanilla warriors.
    I'm currently experiencing in creating some new jingasa textures to add variation to yari ashigaru, but nothing special.

can you make that some ashigaru don't wear hat , so they will llok different

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    can you make that some ashigaru don't wear hat , so they will llok different
    Sure.
    In vanilla all ashiguru have only 1 variant in helmets (they were only a type of hat, the same jingasa for all). I have done some changes, creating some new textures: nothng special, but in my opinion they create a better effect regarding variation. Here are some screen (yari, bow, and matchlock ashigaru).
    As you see ashigaru wear different helmets, and some of them wear only an headband.

Ashgaru

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by =Vastator=; October 30, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Very good work

Keep it up mate!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRipper View Post
    Very good work

Keep it up mate!
    Thanks
    I think the work for a 1.0 version is almost finished, here is a screen of currently modified units

And here some misc screens

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.0". A more unit variety type mod. RELEASED on Steam Workshop and here!!!

Mod has been released. See the first post.
    Can someone please if you see it and if it's working correctly?
    tnanks

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.0". A more unit variety type mod. RELEASED on Steam Workshop and here!!!

I will try later!

Libertus

It works good. Could you add more variety for yari, naginata and katana samurais too please? Thanks for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by tonio59 View Post
    It works good. Could you add more variety for yari, naginata and katana samurais too please? Thanks for this mod.
    Thanks for your report.
    Yari, naginata and katana samurai are some of the few units that have not been modified in version 1.0, since in my opinion they look good and the units that needed a rework are basically the others. Maybe in future i'll do something, but i'll need some ideas/historical references.

Mod works great without a flaw! I have a few suggestions:

1. Make Hattori Bandits look like hardened bandits not just Gi wearing bowmen.

2. Give Wako Piates a more "Piraty look" some semi-historic references:

3. Warrior monks are more or less the same they need some variety, some suggestions:

Hope I gave you some inspiration.

And one question, where do I find and download that tetsubo hero?

P.S. Do you have any plans on editing RotS and FotS units?
    Last edited by Master Necromancer; November 02, 2012 at 04:52 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Nice idea, Vastator. Very inspirational!

Question: Does your mod work in the campaigns or only in custom and historical battles?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Nice idea, Vastator. Very inspirational!

Question: Does your mod work in the campaigns or only in custom and historical battles?
    Thanks!
    This mod works in the sengoku jidai campaign, in historical/custom battles and even on multiplayer (only this version, the steam workshop version makes MP incompatible)

@Master Necromancer
    Thanks for your suggestions , maybe i'll do something in the future, i especially agree with the fact that monks look all the same, but in my opinion taking inspiration from modern guys doing martial arts or praying monks it's not the better thing for a warrior monk unit.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast