Thread: Massalia - is it worth a try?

Default Massalia - is it worth a try?

My first game had me killed by Roman traitors after no more then 15 turnes, I guess that playing EU3 made me forget that diplomacy is non existant in this game. But I was reckless, disbanding much of my army and taking my time rebuilding it.

Anyway it is nice to see the AI actually kickes my butt for a change!

So is it worth playing a campaign as Massalia, do you have a chance against the inevitable train of doomstacks from Rome?

P.S.
    Great mod guys, excellent job!

Default Re: Massalia - is it worth a try?

I say it's worth it. In my opinion, Massalia has one of the most selections of units in the game.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gulatr View Post
    My first game had me killed by Roman traitors after no more then 15 turnes, I guess that playing EU3 made me forget that diplomacy is non existant in this game. But I was reckless, disbanding much of my army and taking my time rebuilding it.

Anyway it is nice to see the AI actually kickes my butt for a change!

So is it worth playing a campaign as Massalia, do you have a chance against the inevitable train of doomstacks from Rome?

P.S.
    Great mod guys, excellent job!
    As soon as you move that initial army of yours away move your city, it's 99.9% certain that Rome will attack you.

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

If they attack as soon as you move the stack, then conquer ASAP I guess...
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Maybe you should just conquer rome first. 1 stack goes to genoa and another by ship straight to rome of cupa.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Hieroglyphic View Post
    Maybe you should just conquer rome first. 1 stack goes to genoa and another by ship straight to rome of cupa.
    Massalia campaign functions with the new economic changes in place.

There's no way, in the starting turns, that you can support 2 stacks with the city of Massalia alone. One full stack is already pushing it.

This campaign is also a 1 turn as opposed to 0 turn recruitment, so it is very hard to assamble a large army fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulatr View Post
    This campaign is also a 1 turn as opposed to 0 turn recruitment, so it is very hard to assamble a large army fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Massalia campaign functions with the new economic changes in place.

There's no way, in the starting turns, that you can support 2 stacks with the city of Massalia alone. One full stack is already pushing it.
    Youre right, but you can recruit a decent skilled army and attack rome with carthage maybe? I never did Massalia one turn (honestly dont know how you did it) but I had to do this campaign over and over and the best plan I came up with was attack rome first before they get started.
    Last edited by Hieroglyphic; February 22, 2013 at 07:40 PM.