Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Hertfordshire Castle, House Marsh

Pendragon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Hertfordshire Castle, House Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Mythre View Post
    They took up some practice arms,

"Now, attack me, let us see how good thy strikes are."
    Bran hesitated a moment, fearful to harm his lord, then shrugged. He approached his master, sword pointed to the ground. Without warning, he slashed upwards in a diagonal cut, the sword moved like lightning.

In the beginning, Prometheus brought fire to man. Wrong move.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Lothair sighs and sits there.

Should we surrender or fight, Lord Marsh? Richard III's succession is no longer valid...and whoever marries Matilda of England is made King. And sadly, we may be trading for a bad King.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Mythre's Avatar Jack of all trades,

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Indeed I am Warrick said with a sigh. Though I grow tired of the life, I'm not young anymore. Which is the reason for my visit actually. He paused for a moment before continuing.

I have recently made the decision to persue other ventures, more shall we say comfortable ventures, and this leaves me with an abundence on land and title no longer needed. I'm looking for Lords who wish to increase their standing considerably, for a sum of course... And well I thought of you.
    "I see, well, I must admit I am most interested."

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Bran hesitated a moment, fearful to harm his lord, then shrugged. He approached his master, sword pointed to the ground. Without warning, he slashed upwards in a diagonal cut, the sword moved like lightning.

Marsh batted away the cut with his shield... Bran was quick, he would give him that.. but many battles and skirmishes had taught Marsh very well indeed.

"Continue.."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Lothair sighs and sits there.

Should we surrender or fight, Lord Marsh? Richard III's succession is no longer valid...and whoever marries Matilda of England is made King. And sadly, we may be trading for a bad King.
    From his sick bed, he responded,

"Without a clear heir, I am not sure there is aught to be gained from throwing the Kingdom into war... In my sickness I am unclear.. who has claimed Mathilda's hand?"

He was tired and drawn from his fever... He was actually doing quite well for his state of mind.
    A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    GSTK: King Geoffry Wilson III - 35

In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -Santayana

Citizen

They suggested Ulfric, the heir of the Barony of Northamptonshire. However, support for William has grown. He may have command of the 5,000 royal army under Sir John, matching my own army of 7,000 troops from the Order. And you are ill, my lord...the stress of battle would be too much upon you and your sons. And I doubt your daughter would want to risk losing me, her betrothed.

Lothair sighs as he sits across the room from where Lord Marsh laid.

The indecisiveness actions of the other nobles continues to hinder our process...perhaps it is best to swear loyalty to William and continue with our lives.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; April 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

"I see, well, I must admit I am most interested."
    That is good as it saves me some time finding a buyer. I'm selling the lot, Rounius, Avranchin and Seois. Good productive lands, how much would you be looking at?

Marsh batted away the cut with his shield... Bran was quick, he would give him that.. but many battles and skirmishes had taught Marsh very well indeed.

"Continue.."
    Bran frowned, he never used a shield himself, and was not familiar with attacking them. He would have to change tactics. His blade swept in from the side, viciously, bouncing off Marsh's shield, the bounce was turned into a looping down-cut, deflecting again by the shield, and again the bounce turned into a cut to the legs...

They suggested Ulfric, the heir of the Barony of Northamptonshire. However, support for William has grown. He may have command of the 5,000 royal army under Sir John, matching my own army of 7,000 troops from the Order. And you are ill, my lord...the stress of battle would be too much upon you and your sons. And I doubt your daughter would want to risk losing me, her betrothed.

Lothair sighs as he sits across the room from where Lord Marsh laid.

The indecisiveness actions of the other nobles continues to hinder our process...perhaps it is best to swear loyalty to William and continue with our lives.
    He sighed, he had no great love for Neville.. but his current state left him little strength to continue the fight.... His son was too inexperienced....

"I will send my steward to William... See what he intends.. allow him to state his case to us... Without a true heir and united nobility, there is not much we can do separately."

That is good as it saves me some time finding a buyer. I'm selling the lot, Rounius, Avranchin and Seois. Good productive lands, how much would you be looking at?
    Marsh frowned, the last statement had been ambiguous...

"I willing to pay a fair sum for these lands. I fear I have not seen a recent appraisal... but I believe a fair price could be worked out."

Bran frowned, he never used a shield himself, and was not familiar with attacking them. He would have to change tactics. His blade swept in from the side, viciously, bouncing off Marsh's shield, the bounce was turned into a looping down-cut, deflecting again by the shield, and again the bounce turned into a cut to the legs...

For not having a shield, Bran was attacking well... but it was time to test his defense..

Marsh dropped the long kite shield down while shifting back... once the strike had bounced, he moving forward with a decisive downward strike at Bran's shoulder..

In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu

Citizen

Lothair then stands up and bows to Lord Marsh.

As Grandmaster of the Order of the White Cross and Baron of Bedfordshire...I shall go the Royal Palace to swear loyalty to King William I. It would be best for our families.

He sees Mary Marsh nearby in the hallway, then leaves the room, praying for the swift recovery of his liege.

Marsh frowned, the last statement had been ambiguous...

"I willing to pay a fair sum for these lands. I fear I have not seen a recent appraisal... but I believe a fair price could be worked out."
    Damn Warrick thought to himself, he had hoped to get a figure out of him before he committed. Oh well.

I was looking around the 15000 crown mark?

For not having a shield, Bran was attacking well... but it was time to test his defense..

Marsh dropped the long kite shield down while shifting back... once the strike had bounced, he moving forward with a decisive downward strike at Bran's shoulder..
    Bran spun to the side, using the momentum of the spin to strike at Marsh's side as his master's sword slid through the air where Bran had been moments before...

Lothair then stands up and bows to Lord Marsh.

As Grandmaster of the Order of the White Cross and Baron of Bedfordshire...I shall go the Royal Palace to swear loyalty to King William I. It would be best for our families.

He sees Mary Marsh nearby in the hallway, then leaves the room, praying for the swift recovery of his liege.
    Marsh sighed, he liked these options no better than Lothair.

Damn Warrick thought to himself, he had hoped to get a figure out of him before he committed. Oh well.

I was looking around the 15000 crown mark?
    Marsh weighed the price briefly... He would be remiss in not trying to haggle...

"12500, I hear the Orchards of thy lords lands have been hit by a most terrible drought.."

Bran spun to the side, using the momentum of the spin to strike at Marsh's side as his master's sword slid through the air where Bran had been moments before...
    Marsh nodded internally, he was quick.. and good at improvising. Marsh sidestepped and parried.. Taking a more offensive stance, he stepped forward with a probing thrust

OOC: Haha damn you

Then you miss hear, Normandy is well, it hasn't been hit by war like England. its the strongest land in our realm. 15,000 is a bargin at twice the price.

OOC: Haha damn you

Then you miss hear, Normandy is well, it hasn't been hit by war like England. its the strongest land in our realm. 15,000 is a bargin at twice the price.
    Marsh weighed that.. it was very true that Normandy was quite nice patch of Eden.. He had better take the darn bargain when offered... For he was fairly sure it was indeed, a bargain.

"Indeed? Very well then, 15000 it is."

Citizen

Lothair comes to visit the ill Lord Marsh. He greets Mary, his betrothed with warm greeting and gentle affection. He then proceeds to his liege's room and enters, bowing before the bed.

Your Grace...how fairs your health?

Marsh weighed that.. it was very true that Normandy was quite nice patch of Eden.. He had better take the darn bargain when offered... For he was fairly sure it was indeed, a bargain.

"Indeed? Very well then, 15000 it is."
    Warrick smiled before extending his hand.

A pleasure

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789