Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Will there be any more work done to the Hundred Years War mini-campaign to make it more appealing or interesting?

After watching that 1066 semi-documentry on C4 about battle of hastings/stanford bridge etc in England, it shows as most of the normal troops having swords or axes with a shield.

As this was a good hundred years or so before the start of SS, maybe instead of all the default spearmen militia around we could have some more sword/axe militia in the early period?
    member of S.I.N.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_hammer View Post
    As this was a good hundred years or so before the start of SS, maybe instead of all the default spearmen militia around we could have some more sword/axe militia in the early period?
    Hundred years??? Ummm...1080-1066 = 14 years

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

haha oh yeah, still I would like to see more swords/axes in early period for mainland europe instead of spear-fest
    member of S.I.N.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    I realized this too about the knights of antioch don't worry their being replaced by the Knights of St. Lazarus. Haven't had any problems with the banners though.
    Some of the mods in this are good 9scroll down and look at the used mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209804
    When and how are they replaced? Anyways I made a small fix edited the battle_models.modeldb added order mailed horse3 assaigned the antioch horse textures , edited descr_mount.txt and finally edited export_descr_unit.txt and viola Antioch Knight's Horses are fixed.

As for the banners I'm talking about the officers holding the banners "northern_captain_early_flag" assaigned to the jerusalem/crusader states faction units. They are holding papal banners, I think I can fix this if only I know where to look for those textures. Or maybe this will be added on the new content?
    For now I just replaced the officers with the northern_captain without the early_flag thingy.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

spears more for fyrd and levies; axes and swords for huscarles?
    bayeaux tapestry certainly depicts plenty of spearmen in the shield wall.

the depictions in 1066 -the battle for middle earth are for entertainment purposes only.

(apparently nobody thought to use missiles against the Norman cavalry at Hastings?)
    I think not.

the battle at fulford was perhaps a better idea of combat with plenty of missiles exchanged before closing to hand-to-hand.

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

Is it possible to put a few preplaced permanent forts with a rebel garrison that could also create assassins simulating the real life assassin cult? I know the muslim factions can create the unit and everything but I'm reading Tyerman's God's War and according to him the assassin's went after muslim's more than the christians. This would be more accurate considering the assassins largely worked from mountain forts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clg•Seed View Post
    When and how are they replaced? Anyways I made a small fix edited the battle_models.modeldb added order mailed horse3 assaigned the antioch horse textures , edited descr_mount.txt and finally edited export_descr_unit.txt and viola Antioch Knight's Horses are fixed.

As for the banners I'm talking about the officers holding the banners "northern_captain_early_flag" assaigned to the jerusalem/crusader states faction units. They are holding papal banners, I think I can fix this if only I know where to look for those textures. Or maybe this will be added on the new content?
    For now I just replaced the officers with the northern_captain without the early_flag thingy.
    Knights of St Lazarus are being added in when Dell returns my laptop, the files are done, but I'm using my wife's one at the moment, its pretty basic.

Wasn't planning to do any more work on Hundred Years War campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    Maybe talk to Tsardoms total war about using some of their stuff? Also have another shot at the Magyar mod.. I heard they don't want to share because SS has a "unhistorical" representation of Hungary... OK fine then, PB how about you ask for your anims back?
    Yes, that would indeed be the point, to improve the historical representation of Hungary. I know that the Magyar Mod guys don't like SS because they say its 'unhistorical', but I think that with submods around such as BFTB, CBUR, 1100, and RR, that is a bit of an unfair accusation.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yes, that would indeed be the point, to improve the historical representation of Hungary. I know that the Magyar Mod guys don't like SS because they say its 'unhistorical', but I think that with submods around such as BFTB, CBUR, 1100, and RR, that is a bit of an unfair accusation.
    Surely that is a circular argument. They dont want Magyar Mod units in SS because it's not historically accurate enough. But by allowing the inclusion of Magyar Mod units in SS, it would increase SS's historical accuracy. As a modder I do understand their wish to control their work, but methinks they haven't actually played SS in a while.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Surely that is a circular argument. They dont want Magyar Mod units in SS because it's not historically accurate enough. But by allowing the inclusion of Magyar Mod units in SS, it would increase SS's historical accuracy. As a modder I do understand their wish to control their work, but methinks they haven't actually played SS in a while.
    Believe me, I have tired to talk them into it, but they are stuck against it I think. There big problem seemed to be with the map and provincial/city distribution. I asked for advice about how they would change that and got no response.

I would love to see the Malinese or Armenia in the next version, but the faction slots are being taken up by Georgia, Timurids and Sweden so it is probably impossible, unlesss you want to remove Genoa.
    BTW how 'bout using Knights of Honours Mod 5.0 to get Georgia in that's what DLV did it would be quicker than waiting for the Georgia submod?

Also,
    1. Emergent Kingdom of Portugal in 1139 (not playable early era but playable late and later era)
    2. Playable Papal States
    3. Kalmar Union script for Norway and Denmark, but this time work either way (Norway or Denmark unite)
    4. Kalmar Union script for Scotland and England (turn in to Great Britain when either controls all of British Isle including Ireland)
    5. Highways added
    Also,
    What about including Ornamentum:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ysprune=&f=548
    And if you do decide to include Mali or Armenia you can either get it from Deus Lo Vult: Europa and Deus Lo Vult respectively or you can get both from Regions & Provinces Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ysprune=&f=356
    PS: BTW how's your PC doing and sorry for the gigantic post.
    Last edited by Asparagus; May 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Awellesley View Post
    Believe me, I have tired to talk them into it, but they are stuck against it I think. There big problem seemed to be with the map and provincial/city distribution. I asked for advice about how they would change that and got no response.
    Perhaps, since PB let them use his work if he asked them they may allow him to use the Magyar mod. If not then don't allow them to use your mod PB.

I don't know if they are actually using those anims or not.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

dats kool. id had seen it mentioned in the rr/rc thread and wuz wonderin if u were gonna maybe expand on it maybe by adding wales in or burgundians or somethin like that

would it be too much work if you made it where the real recruitment part of the mod is optional?

its just i some times get annoyed at waiting 7 turns for some knights

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Kalmar Unions require extra faction slots so unless we remove more factions we can't have faction Unions.
    Highways would not be historical - at best we should be able to build paved roads in certain favoured areas, and perhaps no roads in mountains, scandinavia etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Kalmar Unions require extra faction slots so unless we remove more factions we can't have faction Unions.
    Highways would not be historical - at best we should be able to build paved roads in certain favoured areas, and perhaps no roads in mountains, scandinavia etc.
    That's to bad about the unions but would it take more slots to make the Papal States playable?
    What do youthink about the Emergent Portugal?
    And what do you think about using the Regions and Provinces mod or Deus lo Vult to get Georgia in?
    Oh and PB did you know that there will be a new faction in BftB 2.0 Sweden.
    Oh yeah and good job +rep.
    Last edited by Asparagus; May 26, 2009 at 10:30 PM.

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    That's to bad about the unions but would it take more slots to make the Papal States playable?
    What do youthink about the Emergent Portugal?

+rep.

portugal existed as a county in 1100 it wasnt until 1140-1150 when they took Lisbon that they were recognized as a kingdom

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Simple request: new unit cards for the mongols!