Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Unoffical Westeros Submod

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    when i tried to download the file icon was just a white paper so when i clicked on it it asked me to find a program or use internet explorer.... how do i fix this? this happens with other mods too if they dont have an installer
    You need to unpack it first. Download a thing like 7Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) that unpacks tons of different file types (.7z, .rar). Packing is how you get tons of files and data into one file. This will unpack all of that.

Don't worry about viruses or any of that - I was wary of it but the install worked fine. Just download 7zip, right click to 'Extract' and you're good to go!

Default Re: [Submod] Enhanced 0.53

Hey I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but around the 40 turn mark my game always closes, saying that the game has encountered an unknown problem and has to exit. It has happened about 5 times and is really disappointing.... i don't really know what I should do, I am about to try re-downloading the mod, but I figured I would say something just in case. And if it helps to identify the problem it always crashes while the computer takes their turn. Thanks again

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Enferfeu View Post
    Hey I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but around the 40 turn mark my game always closes, saying that the game has encountered an unknown problem and has to exit. It has happened about 5 times and is really disappointing.... i don't really know what I should do, I am about to try re-downloading the mod, but I figured I would say something just in case. And if it helps to identify the problem it always crashes while the computer takes their turn. Thanks again
    The same thing happened to me while playing as renly but at turn 97 AFTER using the new version upploaded. It was quite dissapointing I was in the middle of raiding the north while the northmen were fighting in the vale.

LE: Maybe it is something related to only some factions, or some crashing sooner others later, so maybe some factions are unaffected/later affected. I started another campaign with the Tullys maybe I have better luck with them. Take your time this submod is great even with the "limited" amount of turns, it makes for a new kind of challenge.
    Last edited by Prophet1331; September 02, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Hmph, that rly blows. Like i said i did 2 quick tests with the new version and everything worked fine till turn 100. I'll try to fix this asap but i got a lot of rl stuff to do atm and this ctd is rly nasty because i dont know any easy way to test if that bug is still there.

anyway...could you maybe re-enable catapults ,IF it isn't much trouble ? or if you upgrade your submod ?

also another thing...is it just me or do you all get these two bugs ?

a... constant disaster events in a row...plague, earthquake ,floods ...
    b...the mini-map / radar panel's backround, gets "filled" with an event pic

thanks
    Last edited by Noobio; September 02, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

No ideas for why I can't even start a campaign?

A Time For Wolves...

Don't sweat it CptTripz, I think it might, might I'm really not sure, have something to do with Martell's princess, as all 5, (now 6, just crashed at Stark... =( i have seen her right before it goes. Oh and prophet, I have had it crash twice on tully, and always after i was doing very good, but again, it would crash round urn 40, earliest for me was 34, with Stark. And believe me, I'm not about to give up on this, the mod is soooooo must fun, even unfinished. =)

I will just plop my ass down on the computer and stare at the wall until 1.0 comes out. I think the current form of the mod is fun politically, but in open battles, I'm really bored, and I think the team made Lannister knights worse than all the others on purpose , because the Kingslayer almost got killed in a bodyguard to bodyguard battle when they had already been weakened by a patrol of Hedge Knights. I think I posted a picture of that battle actually. I always play Lannister, because though all you may like the Starks, I never felt anything very special towards them. Though I do feel sorry for them, because Bran is my favorite Stark, and Sansa's chapters are entertaining too.

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    I will just plop my ass down on the computer and stare at the wall until 1.0 comes out. I think the current form of the mod is fun politically, but in open battles, I'm really bored, and I think the team made Lannister knights worse than all the others on purpose , because the Kingslayer almost got killed in a bodyguard to bodyguard battle when they had already been weakened by a patrol of Hedge Knights. I think I posted a picture of that battle actually. I always play Lannister, because though all you may like the Starks, I never felt anything very special towards them. Though I do feel sorry for them, because Bran is my favorite Stark, and Sansa's chapters are entertaining too.
    Maybe the battles are getting old due to only playing one faction?
    In any case, I'm also looking forward to the next version as well.
    But, wait, so your claws aren't as long and sharp as theirs, then?

@Enferfeu: I'll be back to testing the next couple of days. If it is the martell princess the bug should be easy to fix at least.

@Noobas: Siege engines might be back in when i get to implement recruitment priorities into the mod.

@lh197: I rly have no idea why the mod is not running on your system.
    Last edited by CptTripz; September 03, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timur Amir View Post
    Maybe the battles are getting old due to only playing one faction?
    In any case, I'm also looking forward to the next version as well.
    But, wait, so your claws aren't as long and sharp as theirs, then?
    Well, not exactly. I like playing as the Tullys too I guess, but the Martells just aren't fun because no one ever attacks you in Dorne. Lannisters are just fun from how many enemies they have that they can crush easily. Right now the Kingslayer is at Moat Cailin with 900 Westerland Knights in tow. He lost 30 taking the place.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

thanks Soviet! giving you some rep for the help!

just started and it already looks great!!!! +reP!!!
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; September 03, 2011 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    The same thing happened to me while playing as renly but at turn 97 AFTER using the new version upploaded. It was quite dissapointing I was in the middle of raiding the north while the northmen were fighting in the vale.

LE: Maybe it is something related to only some factions, or some crashing sooner others later, so maybe some factions are unaffected/later affected. I started another campaign with the Tullys maybe I have better luck with them. Take your time this submod is great even with the "limited" amount of turns, it makes for a new kind of challenge.
    Great submod! However i too am experiencing this problem with the Starks. Everytime i end turn it crashes to desktop saying mtw2 has encountered an error.

Now this is weird, I decided to not erase my Stark playthrough, after i posted, screwing around I changed turn ratio thing(sorry can't remember what it really is.... in descr_stat file thing, sorry for not being to specific,) from .25, because i was playing with the age so that peps would age every 4 turns instead of every 10, and changed it from .25 to .1, and suddenly it was able to get past that turn... Sadly. it only bought about 5 turns and when it next crashed it do so before the computer turn could start. Like, it crashed as soon as i clicked the end turn button.
    I'm not sure guys, but i can not remember reaching the start of winter. Has anyone else reached it? That might be the problem, for some reason the game can't switch to winter. Otherwise I really have no idea what it is, but at this point i do not think its the martell princess... If anyone has reached winter then Im clueless, if mostly the game crashes before winter is reached, that might be it.
    Also, sorry to ramble, but i thought that if you made it to winter but not back to spring again it might be the switch in general that the system is crashing on.
    Hope this helps, Cpt.

anyone besides me hardly have any kids? when i was Joff i was married for over 6 years and nothing... he was even married to Arianne Martell! <----- great stats for making babies by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    anyone besides me hardly have any kids? when i was Joff i was married for over 6 years and nothing... he was even married to Arianne Martell! <----- great stats for making babies by the way!

need I say more..

A Time For Wolves...

dude i just spit dr pepper all over my screen.... and you know what im not even mad bc that was freakin awesome! have some rep for a good laugh, good sir! you deserve it!

why thank you

A Time For Wolves...

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

Well making babies isn't that hardin Westeros, practically every princess has (near) full charm so they all get perfect angelic children

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Enferfeu View Post
    I'm not sure guys, but i can not remember reaching the start of winter. Has anyone else reached it? That might be the problem, for some reason the game can't switch to winter. Otherwise I really have no idea what it is, but at this point i do not think its the martell princess... If anyone has reached winter then Im clueless, if mostly the game crashes before winter is reached, that might be it.
    Also, sorry to ramble, but i thought that if you made it to winter but not back to spring again it might be the switch in general that the system is crashing on.
    Hope this helps, Cpt.
    I kind of think it's related to the season change, I brought the tullys to around turn 94 and as soon as I push the end turn button the game crashes. I even made an experiment and cheated adding some cash that I use to bribe a marriage between Edmure and the Martell princess just to make sure she isn't running around Westeros anymore , but still it crashed. Everything else seems to work great with the mod though so I can't see any other cause for crashing other that the seasonal change as Enferfeu pointed out

AS for having children I always managed with every faction I played, Tyrell, Renly, Tully, Stark, the only thing there is is the names appear kind of lame... I mean I got marriage between Rob and Asha and the child's name was Meera, I was hopping for something more epic to fit the epic alliance, other than that everyone's fertile in Westeros
    Last edited by Prophet1331; September 05, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister