Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Playable Factions (Total 103 Added this round - 80)

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I finally figured out a way to add the unplayable factions to custom battle! Modifying two recently opened up DBs, i can finally add these factinos to custom battle!
    Wow!
    How do you do it?
    In which tables you want to make changes?

Is this mod compatible with this 2 or 4 turns per year mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...turns-per-year

I ask because they both modify the startpos.esf file.

Quote Originally Posted by den5104 View Post
    Wow!
    How do you do it?
    In which tables you want to make changes?
    First in Faction_Tables, there's two slots labeled false for all unplayable factions: mp_available and mp_available_naval. Set whatever factions you want to True.

HOWEVER it gets really tedious really fast. You're not done yet because it you stop now, you'll just get the slot with no units. In order to adjust and edit these, go to "units_custom_battle_permissions". There you will have to add alot of rows and such. The tricky part is the rosters. Some of them are easy because you just need to take the data from an already exsisting faction and just duplicate and change the name. You can do this with the British Tribes, the Celtic Tribes considered Gallic and the German Tribes. You could probably do it with some of the Greeks as well.

Where it gets tough is factions like Getae. There's no faction to take units to copy from. This stumped me for a while, then I discovered the "units_to_groupings_military_permissions" table. This has a list of all the units divided roughly by country or culture. So you need to know what factions are classified as so you give them the right units. i'm still working on it.

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

So would it be theoretically possible to make the greek cultures playable for people who didn't pre-order?

In theory yes, after all, I did get Seluecids to work in custom battle just now,

Seleucids do not seem to be active in the latest release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritter-Floh View Post
    http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/d...le.php?id=2669 all Factions (yes, the Seleukids - no, not Rhodos) but 4 turns per year, not 1 turn per year...
    As far as I can tell, this doesn't turn on Seleucids, nor does it change the turns per year. I checked the startpos.esf file and the calender integer is still 1.

For anyone wanting to change the number of turns per year it is very, very easy. Download EditSF 1.0.7. Load the startpos file. Now follow this;

Campaign_StartPOS -> COMPRESSED_DATE -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL -> CAMPAIGN_CALENDER (HIGHLIGHT CAMPAIGN CALENDER) Three fields will pop up on the right side. The top number will be 1. Change it to the number of turns per year you want.

Unless there is another way to change the number of turns the dudes file I quoted doesn't actually change anything from the already avaliable version.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Might be worth noting unlocking the Greek City States with their full unit roster is illegal, I ran into this problem when modding Napoleon so just be aware or the banhammer will strike forth.

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

http://strategie-zone.de/forum/downl...le.php?id=2674

and again - Seleukids are playable and turns per year are 4 - maybe first upload was wrong...

Thanks Osbot for the instructions on changing turns per year. I had some trouble getting the new startpos file to save but hopefully it works now at 2tpy.+rep

is this for real? i feel like its going to get us into patching troubles in the future due to the plans of releasing these playable factions in DLC.... I want to download it... bad.. i dont know how long CA will take to release Baktria as a DLC if ever and they are one of my favorite factions to play in mods for Rome 1

Just get it? It'll be some time before CA release any faction DLC, and as you said it yourself, they may not even release what you hope for.

So how on earth will they release DLC's if the other factions are playable if modded?

Great job!! Is it possible 2 play this factions in custom battle, or just campaign only???

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Nationalist View Post
    So how on earth will they release DLC's if the other factions are playable if modded?
    Nobody knows right now how similar the two factions will be. The DLC faction and the work currently in the game now. It is likely though that CA will add new units, features, etc to the faction. So you wont just be paying for a key to a faction already there. Your be buying units to a faction and whatever other features you get. Look at the faction DLCs in Shogun II to understand this.

This does seem to work with multiplayer campaign as well, but is there any way to make it so can see more factions in box to select as can only see about a dozen and half to pick from.

This does seem to work with multiplayer campaign as well, but is there any way to make it so can see more factions in box to select as can only see about a dozen and half to pick from.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    Might be worth noting unlocking the Greek City States with their full unit roster is illegal, I ran into this problem when modding Napoleon so just be aware or the banhammer will strike forth.

They changed the way how they handle DLC now. All the DLC greek states were technically unlocked already. I'm assuming they put in a check to see if you have the DLC before they apparent on your selection screen. Not sure, if this is why I cant get Rhodos to appear.

In regards to DLC faction difference, you can see all the factions are not finished. They probably add in special units, some graphics, faction traits, update the starting script, maybe some of game functions(I heard confederation crashes for the nonplayable), and finally to do a brief voice overview on the faction. Example Bactria is one of the few factions I think is almost practically ready for DLC, it has a full roster and a quite good one.
    Last edited by izanagi11; September 09, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."