Thread: My Resignation

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default My Resignation

What has occurred in the past several hours has been both shocking and disturbing. Before this whole mess started, I felt, like many others, that this site was running well after the last event was resolved, things were getting back to normal, and future of this site looked bright. What could go wrong right? This is ON's site and they can do whatever they want with it but they must see that their recent action has greatly harmed the site instead of improving it.

I am a big fan of this site and I just want to see it prosper and improve. Not this. Looking around this site right now, things have truly hit the fan. I tried to stay neutral through this whole mess as much as possible, never taking sides and always doing my job here, a job that I have voluntary chosen to do for a year now. Every day as a TWC moderator was a great honor for me. Seeing what has occurred today is greatly disturbing and I just can't remain as a moderator here while this goes on. I thank TWC for all it has given me and I only hope that something is done soon to stop this mess from getting any worse then it already is.

Hopefully, once things are resolved and the rebuilding process comes into flow, I hope I can return to staff and continue helping this site improve and flourish. I hereby resign my position as Moderator and hope things get better in the future. All I ask for is my Senatorii badge.

TWC's loyal servant always, Duke Godfrey
    Last edited by Trajan; January 17, 2007 at 05:20 AM.

Default Re: My Resignation

ok.......so now theres only 2 moderators (proximus,archer)

p.s could you unban Carach before you go.He always contributes greatly to the political part of the site and puts his heart into debates and speaks the truth.he was banned for something very minor.
    thanks.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

I think archer is temporarily banned actually..
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

p.s could you unban Carach before you go.He always contributes greatly to the political part of the site and puts his heart into debates and speaks the truth.he was banned for something very minor.
    thanks.
    The DUKe, Carach repeatedly broke the rules on many occasions. Even though most staff are resiging i would ask them not to unban people who were banned for breaking the rules.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    The DUKe, Carach repeatedly broke the rules on many occasions. Even though most staff are resiging i would ask them not to unban people who were banned for breaking the rules.
    Many people have been banned in the last couple of hours.
    Infact i've seen former administrators swearing, bypassing the censor and insulting members.
    they havent been banned so why should carach be banned for saying something nowhere near as bad?
    not to mention he did it in private and did it as a reaction to people who were flaming him.

and what the hell....its anarchy around here...one person won't matter.
    he's a great member.

I for one welcome this decision, though I will not retract the comments in my thread(s?), that is all I will say.

Oh and Carach was banned for repeatedley breaking the TOS, and by repeatedley I mean constantly, so his ban will not be lifted by me, or, I hope, by anyone else, till it has run it's course.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I am actually incline to agree, there are only 2 moderators left now who aren't resigning so staff aren't really in charge.

I almost feel sorry for them as the site could go out of control.

Almost.

Duke Godfrey, i am pleased by your integrity. I always respected you as a moderator who was a real workhorse, and now you've shown i was right about your character.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
    I for one welcome this decision, though I will not retract the comments in my thread(s?), that is all I will say.
    Doesn't matter to me. You can think whatever you want to think. Kissing ass. Being a coward on a internet site. Please, I'm not even going to waste time with you. I gave my reason for being nice to the current Site Admin and I'm done with the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Duke Godfrey, i am pleased by your integrity. I always respected you as a moderator who was a real workhorse, and now you've shown i was right about your character.
    Thank you Lusted. I've always held you in high regard and I only wanted to follow in your footsteps in Staff. It has been a great pleasure to work side by side with you for a full year and hopefully in future, we might do so again one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Godfrey View Post
    Doesn't matter to me. You can think whatever you want to think. Kissing ass. Being a coward on a internet site. Please, I'm not even going to waste time with you. I gave my reason for being nice to the current Site Admin and I'm done with the whole thing.
    Now that is the attitude I wanted to see, to the point, telling it as it is, I don't care if you hate me or not, I'm just glad to see the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
    Now that is the attitude I wanted to see, to the point, telling it as it is, I don't care if you hate me or not, I'm just glad to see the truth.

You know you’re really something Aristocrat. I never did like you and thought it was huge mistake for Hex to give you the honor of becoming a moderator. You were a rude and bad moderator and I’m really glad that the Total War Community is now spared from your moderation. I hope I never cross paths with you on site again. Good riddance.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

As I was saying to a friend when a new dawn rises we shall all have to make peace with...all.

Our emotions run high, that is understandable. Let us refrain from posts that we will later regret; I include myself in this.

Listen Aristocrat, I never wanted to bump heads with you or anybody else but your shameless disrespect for me is something I just can't figure out. What's your problem with me? I've always respected you in the past. You continue to accuse me of being a coward on this site and ass kisser even though I'm not and I find these false accusations very disrespectful from one moderator to another. You publicly accuse me of these things which leads me to believe that you want to embarrass me in front the whole site and ruin my name. Why? What have I ever done to you?

Duke, thank you for always being a solid moderator on this site that one could count on to get things done.

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

I may not know much, but I know Duke Godfrey was a quality moderator, always movin threads about and doing his job. I've gotten so used to seeing "Thread moved to forum".

So yeah... I have NFI whats happening, only that it sucks.
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

oh come on cut it out both of u {the mods fighting each other}
    moderators fighting each other is the lase thing twc needs
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

funny i dont see why the mods shouldnt squabble with each other everyone else is squabbling with them they prob feeling left out
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone