Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Redmagpie's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

I've just started replaying majora's mask (after finishing Master Quest 3D) and it made me think: Where is the Happy Mask Salesman??
    He could lead a troop of transforming mask-wearers and could allow for a sneaky cameo from Mario and the StarFox team lol

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-easter...-majoras-mask/

I want people to never look at Zelda the same way again when they see this and then compare it to recent Zelda games.
    Wath out neph, that's what is really going to award you a cease letter from nintendo

I just played a few quick battles in the demo and damn was that good. When I went to do a custom battle though, the game closed itself. Is the link at the beginning of the forum the most recent version or did I just do something wrong? Anyone have this happen? Either way amazing mod. Didn't know I'd want to play it til I heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleos View Post
    While I'm on the subject of ranged units, I feel like there should be Moblin spear throwers (as in LOZ) It just isn't the same without some spear throwin' Moblins!
    Yes, spear throwing Dog Moblins!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleos View Post
    Also, will Lynels be making an appearance?
    Already planned as mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKorloros View Post
    I had already submitted Tinsuits as a unit. :/
    As a Darknut unit or generic? Because if you note, I specifically said at the start of my post that I was aware they'd already been brought up.

Either way, it's another vote of confidence to them, so you should be happy.

Look like Neph missed the discussion about Tinsuit/Wosu or is keeping any thoughts on the matter to himself (possibly to shock and awe us with his solutions)

Anyway, Great Fairies! Congratulations Neph on mastering the art of making four armed models

Now master that of filling up hollow eyes.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

@LordAmbler
    I'll probably get trolled by people going on about the spirit of Zelda first.

@Gingerboy27
    Are you using the Steam version of Medieval 2 Kingdoms?

Normally I would not comment on the background description text but...
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    You're kind of begging for that when you write "Their ethics sound or not, incurring the wrath of a Great Fairy will almost always lead to a slow and agonizing death."

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    You're kind of begging for that when you write "Their ethics sound or not, incurring the wrath of a Great Fairy will almost always lead to a slow and agonizing death."
    Considering Veran was a Great Fairy that came close to ruining the entire world for everyone, I'd go far enough to say it's within "the Spirit of Zelda" that Great Fairies are capable of wicked things.

I've noticed that if you enter either campaign or quick battle, if you try to switch over to cusotm battle it crashes. Accidentally going into one of the other two options crashes the game once you try to go into custom. Just going into custom from the start though has failed to crash yet.

THIRD AGE: TOTAL WAR ROCKS!!!!!

Aipe's Avatar Civis

wow....... great faries yea!!!!

the only thing that creeps me out a bit is the face

mate33's Avatar Foederatus

any prevision for the next demo?

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Holy ing hell.... I wonder how many people actually signed up just for this damn mod....
    Anyway, everything's looking sweet UndyingNephalim..! And.. Soon... My favourites *-* The Ikana.... YES!!

Considering Veran was a Great Fairy that came close to ruining the entire world for everyone, I'd go far enough to say it's within "the Spirit of Zelda" that Great Fairies are capable of wicked things.
    Wait wha... oh, the other form? Well, it's never actually said what Veran's true form is. She could be a giant spider for all we know.
    But that's not the point, the thing is you specifically wrote "Their ethics sound or not" making it apply to all Great Fairies regardless of their moral status and general disposition toward other beings

You know, about the eyes thing... I'd forgottten that you already did give proper full blanked out eyes to the Zora. Those definitely look much more solid and present.
    Are you sure your intention wasn't to really give fairies empty eyesockets? Because if that was the plan, I'll quit nagging about it. Every new game makes the fairies look different so as far as I'm concerned, you can give them empty hollow eyesockets. I only continue to bring this up because you said you wanted to make them like the Fairy Queen in TWW (which I would personally prefer), and if that was the plan, let me say it didn't turn out that way from where I stand.

@LordAmbler

@Gingerboy27
    Are you using the Steam version of Medieval 2 Kingdoms?
    No, I've got the disc.

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerboy27 View Post
    No, I've got the disc.
    Did you try what the other posters suggested? Are you able to play a custom battle right after loading the program up?

Yeah I figured it out. It worked if it was the first thing I did. It didn't work before because I tried to load the campaign and custom battles got glitched after that. This mod is absolutely amazing now that I can pick my favorite factions.

mate33's Avatar Foederatus

hey listen! kkkkkkkk

i looked at your site and you forgot to put the skyward sword zelda in the to do list

sorry my bad english i'm brazilian
    Last edited by mate33; October 17, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mate33 View Post
    hey listen! kkkkkkkk

i looked at your site and you forgot to put the skyward sword zelda in the to do list
    Dont say that(cease and desist)
    we all agree that this mod only makes us want to buy all the zelda games(maybe)

EDIT: don't worry, I is from the US and my English ain't no good.
    Last edited by Opus; October 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Well, it's certainly getting me in the mood for Skyward sword! I haven't been in that much of a Zelda mood for a while, and this got me back into it.

...Probably gonna end up picking up Skyward sword when it comes out...

hey listen! kkkkkkkk

sorry my bad english i'm brazilian
    It's readable, so it's fine enough for me.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sandesta View Post
    I've noticed that if you enter either campaign or quick battle, if you try to switch over to cusotm battle it crashes. Accidentally going into one of the other two options crashes the game once you try to go into custom. Just going into custom from the start though has failed to crash yet.
    If you could send me the crash log (it should be in the logs folder) that would help in me finding out why it's doing that. For some reason it won't crash for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Are you sure your intention wasn't to really give fairies empty eyesockets?.
    The intention was to make them creepy by any means necessary. These are Great Fairies out to kill after all, they don't have time to do their whole shape-shifty thing into pretty women to look nice for people.

I'm not sure where I'll put her on the list at the moment. I'll put her up as soon as I know how she'll make her appearance in the game.

Anywhoness:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Phantoms of Tarm:

The great mysteries of Tarm are a well guarded secret, and most that come unprepared are often misguided by the twisting woods that surround it. Those that manage to venture too far however are often chased away, and in extreme cases killed by these shadowy beings that are believed to be the spirits of deceased Tarminians. These phantoms are capable of teleporting and misguiding their targets, which they seem to prefer over killing. Their ability to vanish and reappear makes them a valuable tool for confusing enemy movements.