Thread: Trade ships?

Default Trade ships?

Pardon me on this one, but i just went from DMUC 6 to DM 8, and downloaded the patch today.

I started a new late start game as prussia and noticed that none of the 3 ports can produce Indianian trade ships? If so how do i go about trading in the trade zones, or can normal ships do that now?

Default Re: Trade ships?

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
    Pardon me on this one, but i just went from DMUC 6 to DM 8, and downloaded the patch today.

I started a new late start game as prussia and noticed that none of the 3 ports can produce Indianian trade ships? If so how do i go about trading in the trade zones, or can normal ships do that now?

A simple search would have answered your query, but I'll answer it anyway.

The trade ships were removed because the AI kept on producing huge navies of them, so with the trade ships removed there would hopefully be more naval action because they would start producing more naval warships, however now you can use any ship to trade.
    Last edited by Warlord888; February 25, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

thanks, i did try searching but i didn't come up with much, maybe its because i wasn't a member?

Does that mean that a sloop will trade just as good as a 3rd rate or does size matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    Does that mean that a sloop will trade just as good as a 3rd rate or does size matter?
    I believe size matters - at one point i had 10 fourth rates and 10 fifth rates trading at different posts... with the fourth rates I had approximately 1000 more trade revenue being imported to my ports than the fifth rates

thanks, i did try searching but i didn't come up with much, maybe its because i wasn't a member?
    I just googled "Darthmod Empire Trade Ships" and this was the first result http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...00-trade-ships

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord888 View Post
    I just googled "Darthmod Empire Trade Ships" and this was the first result http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...00-trade-ships
    another stupid question, but im currently in the defensive at Madrid, defending against spain, and i have no defensive works, i can't select the spanish horses etic. and the army has been in the capitol a few turns now.

Was this removed?

Also where is the change log so i can find out what else was removed?

another stupid question, but im currently in the defensive at Madrid, defending against spain, and i have no defensive works, i can't select the spanish horses etic. and the army has been in the capitol a few turns now.

Was this removed?

Also where is the change log so i can find out what else was removed?
    Changelog for current version is further down the page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nload-lt-lt-lt

Changelog for older versions just in case http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...old-archive%29
    (the removal of trade ships should be mentioned somewhere in there)

As far as I know the defensive works weren't removed as I used them quite recently in a siege defense against some Prussians. Isn't it something like 3 turns being stationary before an army can deploy defensive works? Are you sure they waited long enough? Also, in sieges I believe only recruited units that have been there for a few turns can deploy defenses, garrison regiments which appear only when the settlement is besieged aren't able to deploy the defenses. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't select the Spanish horses - are you unable to select cavalry units? My apologies if I mistakenly understood

Ok, I just want to jump in on this discussion about defensive works and the like - what exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about building a fort while on the move, or actually defending settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Ok, I just want to jump in on this discussion about defensive works and the like - what exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about building a fort while on the move, or actually defending settlements?
    We're talking about the defensive features which you use can use in a battle if your army becomes "dug in" after a few turns of being idle, such as the chevaux de frise used to deter cavalry, or the trenches used to give your men cover.
    Last edited by Warlord888; February 26, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord888 View Post
    We're talking about the defensive features which you use can use in a battle if your army becomes "dug in" after a few turns of being idle, such as the chevaux de frise used to deter cavalry, or the trenches used to give your men cover.
    Ahh, that makes more sense. I thought that the battles for settlements in 8.0/8.1 had changed drastically from what I used to!

Although now you mention it, I did always wonder why it was that some AI armies on the campaign map looked like they had a ring of wooden stakes around them, I guess this must be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Ahh, that makes more sense. I thought that the battles for settlements in 8.0/8.1 had changed drastically from what I used to!

Although now you mention it, I did always wonder why it was that some AI armies on the campaign map looked like they had a ring of wooden stakes around them, I guess this must be that.
    Yes, that is why, it mean that they are in a position where they can deploy battlefield defenses

Does each ship type generate the same amount of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Athlone View Post
    Does each ship type generate the same amount of money?
    I don't think so.