Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: [SS 6.3 AAR] Primus Inter Pares - The Kievan Rus *COMPLETED* (w/ Behind the Scenes and a video trailer)

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SS 6.3 AAR] Primus Inter Pares - The Kievan Rus (Completed + Behind the scenes)

Woo! I can't wait No doubt it will be a bit more than an 'Account' as you will be writing it
    Looking forward to it immensely and I will defiantly be there!
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Default Re: [SS 6.3 AAR] Primus Inter Pares - The Kievan Rus (Completed + Behind the scenes)

Sounds very interesting
    ChivalryII: Sicilian Vespers is a great mod with some interesting factions with very specific victory conditions. And as you're going to play the Latin Empire it will be very interesting as Greece is quite crowded with factions in that campaign (4 I recall) so good luck with that

Awesooome, can't wait for it, looks very promising! Mid-March, what, are you trying to do, (AAR-)starve us to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    Woo! I can't wait No doubt it will be a bit more than an 'Account' as you will be writing it
    Looking forward to it immensely and I will defiantly be there!
    Thank you, and I'm glad to see your story coming together nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Posantio of Umbria View Post
    Sounds very interesting
    ChivalryII: Sicilian Vespers is a great mod with some interesting factions with very specific victory conditions. And as you're going to play the Latin Empire it will be very interesting as Greece is quite crowded with factions in that campaign (4 I recall) so good luck with that
    Yes, it is crowded indeed. Apart from the Romans, there are the Bulgarians and the Serbs, and assorted Venetian places with the Cumans and Hungarians not too far. I love it so far. Have not been able to go outside of my realm in the first 20 turns... Also, it has tons of unique buildings, and I like the general feel of the campaign too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bean Laden View Post
    Awesooome, can't wait for it, looks very promising! Mid-March, what, are you trying to do, (AAR-)starve us to death?
    You mean stAARve? Since it is a mod I did not play before, I want to be more than 2-3 turns ahead in the game. Also, I need a little break from writing, I've been AARing without a break since August 2010. I don't want to disappoint you guys with some crappy writing.

The thing I look most forward to is the way how you are gonna represent the various knights in the Latin Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post

Yes, it is crowded indeed. Apart from the Romans, there are the Bulgarians and the Serbs, and assorted Venetian places with the Cumans and Hungarians not too far. I love it so far. Have not been able to go outside of my realm in the first 20 turns... Also, it has tons of unique buildings, and I like the general feel of the campaign too.
    I agree, I've been playing a Comté d'Anjou campaign lately (early campaign), and there's a lot to like about this mod, especially the expanded building trees! Even castles can make some money and train agents while cities get a greater range of recruitment options with the feudalization line of buildings (but those only get good at tier 4 or so). I actually like the feudalization buildings quite a lot as it is based around AOR and the AI factions seem to build them up quite fast (especially in the middle east!). And while the lower tier AOR troops are barely better than peasants, from tier 4 onwards you get the likes of Mailed Knights (Europe) and Armoured Horse Archers (Middle East) in any settlement in the appropriate AOR region.
    I also like the scope and style of the campaign goals, at most you are to conquer around 20-25 (specified) territories, not necessarily in the same general area. To achieve the goals in SV you need to plan carefully, especially if you play a small faction (like Anjou, Barcelona or the Latin Empire). Fortunately, diplomacy is not completely retarded in this mod, as you really need it to work now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxoman View Post
    The thing I look most forward to is the way how you are gonna represent the various knights in the Latin Empire.
    This is a good point, and after reading a lot about the history of the Latin Empire it is obviously one of the biggest issues. I think I can set up the plot to mirror this. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Posantio of Umbria View Post
    I agree, I've been playing a Comté d'Anjou campaign lately (early campaign), and there's a lot to like about this mod, especially the expanded building trees! Even castles can make some money and train agents while cities get a greater range of recruitment options with the feudalization line of buildings (but those only get good at tier 4 or so). I actually like the feudalization buildings quite a lot as it is based around AOR and the AI factions seem to build them up quite fast (especially in the middle east!). And while the lower tier AOR troops are barely better than peasants, from tier 4 onwards you get the likes of Mailed Knights (Europe) and Armoured Horse Archers (Middle East) in any settlement in the appropriate AOR region.
    I also like the scope and style of the campaign goals, at most you are to conquer around 20-25 (specified) territories, not necessarily in the same general area. To achieve the goals in SV you need to plan carefully, especially if you play a small faction (like Anjou, Barcelona or the Latin Empire). Fortunately, diplomacy is not completely retarded in this mod, as you really need it to work now and again.
    Yes, it is very different from SS, and I really like this building tree modifications. Feudalization was an excellent addition, I agree. While I will not play for victory conditions, I will try to imitate some of the political pressures that drive the direction of expansion. After Kiev it is nice to see the pope again and head for crusades too.

It may take another week or so to start. Sorry about that. I had an unexpected overseas trip and some RL issues to take care of, which has set me back in writing.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm sure you will be forgiven

And we all know what a pain Real Life can be
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; September 01, 2012 at 04:26 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Sadly you won´t make an AAR with Broken Crescent it seems.

Real stoked for your next AAR,sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    I'm sure you will be forgiven

And we all know what a _ _ _ _ Real Life can be

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm joking I actually quite enjoy real life (but you probably all knew that )
    Yeah, Real Life, the big time sucker. Anyhow, lately I got a bit more of it than usual. But now nothing can stop me to start the new one (finally!)...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Sadly you won´t make an AAR with Broken Crescent it seems.

Real stoked for your next AAR,sounds promising.
    Thank you. Actually I was sad too, but I did not give it up yet. The thing is that I played both a Georgian and Armenian campaigns to see how they turn out. Georgia is too strong by the time I conquer the rebels and meet a real foe. Armenia is much harder (which is good) but it is boxed and have little freedom in how to play the campaign (which I did not like that much). I really liked BC nonetheless, so it is in the picture to come up with a plot that makes either of those campaigns good for a type of AAR I want to write.

---

So, I guess it is time to open a new thread and start writing the next one!

Apologies for the delay, and also for not being around these past weeks. I am behind with reading several AARs too, and I plan to catch up over the next week or so (and check out some of the new promising ones!).

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

This should be added to the collection by a Librarian. It's not a suggestion, or even a soft threat, it's a demand

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but I just wanted to let everybody know that I made a similar video trailer to this AAR as the one for my Hungarian story. The first post in this thread has the video link.

Hopefully those of you who read it back then would remember some of the stuff, and those who have not read it may find some time to read it.