Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions!

yup, 2/3 of all crusaders was Frankish people, tho for the sake of the game it would be maybe better to have crusader sargents to build, and french foot archers to hire like mercs...
    Mameluks was mostly light and medium cavalry with quality armor, but still way lighter then western knights. their main strategy was to"poke" knights with boows, provoke them to charge, and then run-knights get tired horses, sun on heavy armors, and no foot soldier back up, so they was easy "snack" to mameluks. From 2nd crusade templars saw that foot troops are must, so from 1150ish crusaders adopt another style of fighting in deserts. However fact remain same: western knights (heavy cavalry) should have more armor then eastern, should have powerful charge too, but should have less stamina and their horses tired quicker then eastern... On the other side, mameluks, turks and others should have most powerful cavalry in horse archers. How to balance this, Im not sure, but atm I have rough time against heavy skirmish troops in my campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith
    I'm curios, why can't the Crusader States recruit Crusader Sergeants, Crusader Knights, etc.? They sound very "Crusader".
    Also, I've taken a look on custom battle with the Crusader States and I've seen "French Foot Archers" - I know that there were Frenchmen in the crusading army, but... I think it would have sounded better "Crusader Archers" or "Crusader Foot Archers". You know, as it is, it's like playing with Hungary and recruiting "French Feudal Knights".
    The Crusader States weren't actually manned by the Crusaders. Most of the Crusaders simply came from Europe, conquered the Holy Land, and then went home along with the king or lord that they followed, and whatever treasure they managed to loot. Only the Franks stayed to rule the Holy Land, hence the native troops of the Crusader States are mainly French (with some sailors and holy orders such as the Templars).
    Anyway, I still think "Crusader Archers" sounds better than "French Foot Archers". Just because of the name.

By the way, can you do something so that when I command, for instance, my swordsmen to attack an enemy, to automatically go through my army (e.g. my spearmen), instead of waiting for those in the front line (my speramen) to perish? (If I command my swordsmen to run through my army and through my enemy, so that they would reach the enemy, then they run recklessly through the enemy, which is not a good thing).

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    By the way, can you do something so that when I command, for instance, my swordsmen to attack an enemy, to automatically go through my army (e.g. my spearmen), instead of waiting for those in the front line (my speramen) to perish? (If I command my swordsmen to run through my army and through my enemy, so that they would reach the enemy, then they run recklessly through the enemy, which is not a good thing).

Um, When you command them to attack, they will run through and attack. Dunno what you mean.
    it will be like:

|||||||||
    |||||||||
    //////////
    then, you issue the order and it's like
    |||||||||
    /|/|/|/|/|

I do it all the time (though flanking is more effective) and it works.

Would it be possible to create the county of Flanders? In the middle-ages Flanders was very rich and was unofficial independent. They fought several battles against France and HRE.
    There were many moments where in they could be official independent but thanks to England or the HRE they couldn't (lost those key battles).

Flander? Better say Burgundy, Boemia, Bulgaria, Armenia of Cilicia and Geeorgia.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Imho because of the unit limit / cap any new faction should first be created as submod and then merged into the main release if it proved viable. Best of 2 worlds, people can play their factions and the whole load of faction development is not solely resting on the SS6.3 team instead the projects are driven by the exact people that a) want the faction in and b) are most likely to already have background knowlegde for those factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    Um, When you command them to attack, they will run through and attack. Dunno what you mean.
    it will be like:

|||||||||
    |||||||||
    //////////
    |||||||||
    /|/|/|/|/|

What the hell do youy mean with your codes (green and red)?

Quote Originally Posted by AtParmentier View Post
    Would it be possible to create the county of Flanders? In the middle-ages Flanders was very rich and was unofficial independent. They fought several battles against France and HRE.
    There were many moments where in they could be official independent but thanks to England or the HRE they couldn't (lost those key battles).
    Your right Flanders should be included!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Foreign language

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    it will be like:

|||||||||
    |||||||||
    //////////
    |||||||||
    /|/|/|/|/|

So, I understand that |||| are enemy swordsmen, |||| are my spearmen and //// are my swordsmen.
    Well, when I have the first case (my spearmen fighting enemy swordsmen) and I select my swordsmen and right-click enemy swordsmen, my swordsmen don't pass through my spearmen to reach the enemy swordsmen. They only pass through my spearmen if I command them to run (double-right-click) in the back of the enemy (where there is no unit), so they learn they have to pass through my spearmen and through the enemy. but, in this case, they run recklessly, taking a lot of damage from the enemy.
    How that your swordsmen pass through your spearmen (pushing them to get through them) when you right-click the enemy swordsmen?

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Thats hard-coded behaviour, and won't be changed.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    So, I understand that |||| are enemy swordsmen, |||| are my spearmen and //// are my swordsmen.
    Well, when I have the first case (my spearmen fighting enemy swordsmen) and I select my swordsmen and right-click enemy swordsmen, my swordsmen don't pass through my spearmen to reach the enemy swordsmen. They only pass through my spearmen if I command them to run (double-right-click) in the back of the enemy (where there is no unit), so they learn they have to pass through my spearmen and through the enemy. but, in this case, they run recklessly, taking a lot of damage from the enemy.
    How that your swordsmen pass through your spearmen (pushing them to get through them) when you right-click the enemy swordsmen?
    dunno, I just double-click, they charge through the swordsmen and fight... didn't notice any high casualties;they just run through (slowly, but nonetheless, they advance)

Default Can we have Ireland and Wales in the next patch?

Can we have Ireland and Wales in the next patch?
    and something like the barons alliance would be cool too!

Default Re: Can we have Ireland and Wales in the next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Grimes View Post
    Can we have Ireland and Wales in the next patch?
    and something like the barons alliance would be cool too!
    I doubt that new factions will appear in the next patch, for the simple reason that the SS team has reached the unit limit (At least that is what I heard, or was it for another mod?), and say for yourself, would you like a faction that is almost an exact copy of another, already existing, faction (that is the fact for most (almost every) mod that include my lovely region Flanders as a faction).

I suggest adding land routs from the British isles to make things easier on the AI. As it is now they'll produce many stacks on the isles, then have trouble sending them anywhere.

Below are two locations that could work for this. Troops could easily be ferried across the small gaps. You'll also notice all the stacks stuck around Dublin.

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Default Big Rivers Suggestion

First off let me say what I like about SS. It should be the vanilla mod because it's the mod that takes all the ideas from the players to make vanilla better. Vanilla is not worth playing because SS exists. That said, here is my own little suggestion:

I played Vlad's TW map a bit. Mod is great, but is only focused on the East. His map had something no other map had. Big Rivers like the Don, Volga, Dneiper, Dnivna were navigable by ships in the game like they were in real life. These acted like super-highways and you expanded by your river very easily, even if you did not have a coastal city. I think in the next installment of SS you should adopt this. Of course not all rivers, but main rivers like Rhine, Danube in the West and the Russian rivers in the East. Make it so ports block the river which will force you to take the city that has the port to continue further. This will make for much more interesting game play in my opinion.

Is this proposition too hard? What do you all think?
    Last edited by YuriVII; October 18, 2010 at 02:24 AM.

If u have a suggestion post it here don't create separate threads for it.

Tiro

There are two type of damage for cavalry: lance and sword. Is there any way of showing this in statistics page in-game, as the values are often quite different?

Navigable Rivers would be great
    Maybe the DOnau in Europe, but mainly the big Rivers in the East like mentioned before...
    It should not be that hard to create such rivers, as far as i kmow from mapping

But nevertheless it is an awesome mod

Skinner&Modeller of Shizoku no Sensō and East of Rome | My Workshop |

Quote Originally Posted by iMember View Post
    Navigable Rivers would be great
    Maybe the DOnau in Europe, but mainly the big Rivers in the East like mentioned before...
    It should not be that hard to create such rivers, as far as i kmow from mapping

But nevertheless it is an awesome mod
    Some guys exually did try to make a few navigable rivers, but it ended up in a mess, I think

ah no way so glad you guys got rid of that land route stuff was awful...well if you're saying the welsh and irish are the same as english and scottish....then never go to wales or ireland mate lol