Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White guilt, and the uncle tom syndrome..will it ever end?

Default White guilt, and the uncle tom syndrome..will it ever end?

Found some great videos by shelby steele who explains the concept of white guilt very well.

Those blacks who critize the black community are labeled uncle toms... of all People bill cosby is now labeled one.

and of course chris rock who gives you some insight through comedy.

So that this post has a topic to discuss besides the videos. Will blacks ever stand up for themselves and stop relying on white guilt to get them by? Thats what the videos above have to say. Will white be able to actually have mutual relationships with blacks without white guilt forever sitting on their shoulders.

Default Re: White guilt, and the uncle tom syndrome..will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    So that this post has a topic to discuss besides the videos. Will blacks ever stand up for themselves and stop relying on white guilt to get them by? Thats what the videos above have to say. Will white be able to actually have mutual relationships with blacks without white guilt forever sitting on their shoulders.
    Blacks do stand up for themselves, but they're too busy to care and speak about it. You rarely hear of them. There is a huge middle to upper-class black America. They are very private people.

As long as there is a Democrat party in the US no.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

what generalization crap. how can skin color determine what kind of person you are?
    Have a question about China? Get your answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    As long as there is a Democrat party in the US no.
    Funny statement. 50 years ago blacks swarmed to the Republican party because it was still the party of the abolitionist.

The Democrats had the Dixiecrats and the like, but then the roles shifted.

It's the GOP's fault for swaying away from their foundation and thus losing the blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    Funny statement. 50 years ago blacks swarmed to the Republican party because it was still the party of the abolitionist.

The Democrats had the Dixiecrats and the like, but then the roles shifted.

It's the GOP's fault for swaying away from their foundation and thus losing the blacks.
    Welcome to affirmative action and the welfare state.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Welcome to affirmative action and the welfare state.
    This has nothing to do with it. What exactly are you suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by bushbush View Post
    what generalization crap. how can skin color determine what kind of person you are?
    In modern day America thats what I ask myself. Yet it does, who give a crap about the color of someone's skin? We want a merit based society, and thats exactly what the first few clips talk about. Any black authority who dares say that blacks need to stop playing the race card, stop playing up white guilt, stop depending on government and enabling themselves into poverty is instantly called an uncle tom and dismissed. Any company that says something that is conceived as racially insensitive has to pay off people like jesse jackson who waves his wand and says " with this 100 million dollar donation , this company is no longer racist".

Couldn't be more right about it, no one ever got better at anything by having it handed to them.

Sorry, but this isn't about race. Remember, there are other countries with black people and white people living in them - and I've never felt or perceived any "white guilt" in the United Kingdom.

This is about America.

Nimthill's Avatar Biarchus

If not for slavery, wouldn't the "blacks" still be in Afrika, the most primitive and warn-torn place on earth?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Very interesting stuff this author has. It's been three years since it was broadcast and it's only now I'm seeing him. I must say a great deal of his statements are spot on and I agree full-heartedly about Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They're both embezzlers, fraudulent, and lying sacks of . Both of them rode King's name into their own personal fame and obtain billions of dollars in exchange for them to not label something as racist. Nascar alone paid them $700,000 on at least one instance I know of. (I think something like that would have be an annual tribute actually )

It really is a disgusting thing that people like those two men are the 'successors' to King's movement.

The only point that I disagree with him on is his comment about wars. The concern for moral authority in wars is definitely not a product of white guilt. I'd say its the experience we've had with the past two major conflicts we've been involved in that gave us a bad taste in our mouths about the wars we fight, why, and how.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    The only point that I disagree with him on is his comment about wars. The concern for moral authority in wars is definitely not a product of white guilt. I'd say its the experience we've had with the past two major conflicts we've been involved in that gave us a bad taste in our mouths about the wars we fight, why, and how.
    I think white guilt is part of it. How many times do we hear the 'only bomb brown people' meme, or that blacks are somehow 'fighting our wars'. Ridiculous being that they are UNDERREPRESENTED as combat troops (7%).

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Sorry, but this isn't about race. Remember, there are other countries with black people and white people living in them - and I've never felt or perceived any "white guilt" in the United Kingdom.

This is about America.
    durrr, what gave you any indication that I was talking about race relations anywhere else? The fact that all the videos above talk exclusively about the problems with whites and blacks in america should have been your hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post

This is about America.
    How dare you its your fault for every thing
    Same here though mate I am white I feel no form of so called "White guilt" at all but then again I am not a liberal.
    Know where you're going in life . . . you may already be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Digbert View Post
    How dare you its your fault for every thing
    Same here though mate I am white I feel no form of so called "White guilt" at all but then again I am not a liberal.
    I am assuming you are not American. White guilt is quite big here, and as the videos above explain, expects whites and blacks negatively.

But if your a brit of course you should not feel the effects of white guilt, your nation never had slaves ( or should I say you never had jesse jackson)

In modern day America thats what I ask myself. Yet it does, who give a crap about the color of someone's skin? We want a merit based society, and thats exactly what the first few clips talk about. Any black authority who dares say that blacks need to stop playing the race card, stop playing up white guilt, stop depending on government and enabling themselves into poverty is instantly called an uncle tom and dismissed. Any company that says something that is conceived as racially insensitive has to pay off people like jesse jackson who waves his wand and says " with this 100 million dollar donation , this company is no longer racist".
    They use the threat of negative publicity to extort a small amount of money from big corporations.

The fact that they can mobilize a minority of the black community is no big deal, what the corporations fear is the media and politics getting involved. The media is always looking for "a" story and politicians are always looking for exposure, operators like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson use the threat of such a perfect negative publicity storm to get paid.

I like this Tom Killian quote from Bonfire of the Vanities:

"If this case was being tried in foro conscientiae [in the court of the conscience], the defendants would be Abe Weiss, Reginald Bacon, and Peter Fallow of The City Light."

He's talking about the personal ambitions of a politician running for reelection, an operator flexing his muscle and a self-promoting journalist.

You can't talk about public opinion or sentiment like white guilt without mentioning the framers of those opinions and sentiments.
    Last edited by Maverick; September 15, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    They use the threat of negative publicity to extort a small amount of money from big corporations.
    When texaco pays him $176 million for a black jelly bean reference which was not even racist when heard in its full context...that is extortion and its not a small amount of money.

El Brujo's Avatar Campidoctor
    Texas. The greatest state in the C.S. of A.

I've observed an interesting phenomenon over the years. The likelihood of someone feeling White guilt seems to be inversely proportional to the likelihood that their ancestors were slave owners. Those people I've known who can trace their ancestry back to slave holders don't have a drop of guilt in their bodies. Also ironically, the average black person probably has more slave owner blood than the average white person.

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Shouldnt feel guilty for what you havnt done. I feel bad about slavery but i dont look at myself as 'guilty'.
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast