Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.5

It seems I have found how to fix this problem. I made some tests and it worked. I will make now an open beta of my mod so more test it (I have no time for that).
    What I did
    -Added the original unit_tables unmodded.
    -modded it (or you add a working TSV).
    -changed all index numbers of the units so to not use vanilla index numbers (the column unknown33), for example give +2000 to all.
    -deleted "cinematic" and "test" units that are not used by the game.

I hope the above mentioned procedure works 100% and I share it so everybody is relieved from this enigmatic sound bug problem.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

This needs to be fixed and we need to find source of this . Seriously its probably msot annoying issue after ca patch i ever encountered.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    This needs to be fixed and we need to find source of this . Seriously its probably msot annoying issue after ca patch i ever encountered.
    Reassuringly to me at least, Darth's solution sounds like - as I suspected - that the problem is in the game and not the PFM...

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    -changed all index numbers of the units so to not use vanilla index numbers (the column unknown33), for example give +2000 to all.
    I added a Ticket to PFM to allow to edit all values of a given row... that should make it more convenient.
    Or maybe a "renumber starting from" feature makes more sense because that you could use after adding additional units?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I've run into a strange and somewhat irritating bug when using the PFM 2.0.5 to open Radious' newest Unit Pack (nr 3). It's been occuring with a lot of the packs lately, even vanilla ones. I've inclosed a pic of the error. Someone's probably mentioned this before, and I'm sure people are hard at work trying to figure it out. Just wanted to post it, 'cause I can't figure out how to fix it. I've updated what I can.

It seems to happen with a lot of files that have to do with the Units themselves.

I realise that the text is in Danish, and here's a translation:

Standard Error in DataGridView.
    The following exception occured i DataGridView:
    System.ArgumentException: The Value DataGridViewComboBoxCell is invalid.
    If you wish to replace this standarddialogbox, please handle/fix/take care of the DataError-event.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthelias View Post
    [...]
    Unselect "Use combo box columns".
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Reassuringly to me at least, Darth's solution sounds like - as I suspected - that the problem is in the game and not the PFM...

I added a Ticket to PFM to allow to edit all values of a given row... that should make it more convenient.
    Or maybe a "renumber starting from" feature makes more sense because that you could use after adding additional units?
    That is extremely helpful. If you could also add the feature of multiple copy/paste cells (DBEditor had that feature) it would be awesome. I mean to copy a cell (Ctrl+C), select a number of cells of the same column and with Ctrl+V to make a multiple paste.

Has someone tried what I advise above?

Heh, that was fast. And let me just say, thank you!

That is extremely helpful. If you could also add the feature of multiple copy/paste cells (DBEditor had that feature) it would be awesome. I mean to copy a cell (Ctrl+C), select a number of cells of the same column and with Ctrl+V to make a multiple paste.

@daniu: I remember seeing that particular piece of code in the DBEditor source, and it seemed like a simple enough but roundabout addition, and it didn't really occur to me to suggest it since it kinda goes along with other "advanced editing" features that would be "nice", but not necessary when you're used to do all the nontrivial editing on tsv files using NPP or VBA.

A much more convenient feature, IMO, would be an "Open As TSV..." button right next to the Export to TSV button in the DB editor control, which would decode the TSV to a temporary location, open it (with default "File Open" functionality preferably, so people who use something else can Notepad don't become bald), and if possible preferably re-import it overriding current DB contents automagically once the file is closed. I use the term "automagically" because I have no idea how or if it's even possible to do this with nonstandard software that doesn't use traditional write-access-block methods (e.g. notepad++ doesn't actually "lock open" files unless it's currently saving them).

Basically, anything to ease the process of getting from "nothing-is-open-except-file-browser" to "desired-db-is-open-in-editor-of-choice" and then back to "final-pack-file-saved-with-modifications" is bound to have great effect, in my opinion.

As for that "Export All DB to TSV" feature, I've taken a crack at it, but my first attempt at checking for a db file failed (AKA the routine crashes when there's anything else than db tables in the pack), and I haven't really taken time yet to figure out what kind of stupid I wrote and how to fix it. It does produce a bunch of numbered TSV files in my default debug folder though (I wanted to confirm stuff works in a local POC before messing with Windumb Forms).

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

At first glance it does seem to fix it. I stuck values starting from 2300 in the 23rd column. I had already removed cinematic and test units, so that wasn't a factor.

I will leave it to more comprehensive trials to see if it actually fixes it.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I had some cinematic and test units left overs and once I deleted them the problem was gone for the units I tried (even though I had made all the other adjustments the presence of these units provoked the bug). But needs more research.

Daniu, DaFranker
    Can you try to unlock the file "gun_type_to_projectiles_tables" because I believe there is something we should investigate about the sound bug.

Daniu, DaFranker
    Can you try to unlock the file "gun_type_to_projectiles_tables" because I believe there is something we should investigate about the sound bug.

Yes just wanted to ask about same thing, must get access t this table.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.

gun_types_to_projectiles is unlocked already...
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    gun_types_to_projectiles is unlocked already...
    Yo uare right, sorry, was using odler pfm, since from some stupid reason i have 3 versions on my pc. And those tables are useless anyway........

I really starting to loose faith this soudn bug can be fixed, it swaps on diff units if i add some diff index numbers or remove cinematic/test units but never all units work.......

Its gamebreaking for modders since Units_table is crucial for modding and sound problems appear only if this table is modified.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Yo uare right, sorry, was using odler pfm, since from some stupid reason i have 3 versions on my pc. And those tables are useless anyway........

I really starting to loose faith this soudn bug can be fixed, it swaps on diff units if i add some diff index numbers or remove cinematic/test units but never all units work.......

Its gamebreaking for modders since Units_table is crucial for modding and sound problems appear only if this table is modified.
    , I know how it feels I have 4 PFM's.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.6

Uploaded new version, 2.0.6.
    Includes the helper functionality to support Darth's way of dealing with the sound issue.
    If you right-click a number column now, the context menu will contain a submenu "Edit..." with two items, "Add to all" and "Renumber...". "Add to all" allows you to enter a number to be added to all entries. "Renumber" allows you to give unique numbers to all entries in the table, starting from the value you enter.
    Also, the user-defined column names were disabled in 2.0.5, this is fixed as well now.
    Plus some other stuff.

Complete change list:
    - Add "add to all in column" feature (allowing adding to and renumbering all fields in a number column)
    - Re-enable user-defined description for columns
    - Remember last import/export location
    - Showing of DecodeTool now optional when selecting unknown table
    - Allow setting DB types from DecodeTool
    - Mark empty files in PFM tree
    - Add reference editing to DB Editor
    - Allow saving of empty pack entries
    - Make all user settings persistent between sessions
    - Forces update when schema.xml does not exist at all
    - Common rewritten to unified interface
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Very nice.

Issue with messed sounds is very problematic, i was able to bypass it completely in FotS by creating fake rows, but calculations for this are so damn complicated that if it gets wrong again i will probably hang myself. We must find easier and permanent solution or modding in Shogun will be severely harmed by this.

NEW INSTALLER AVAILABLE:

http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File_Manager_2_0_6.zip

I still don't have upload access to the source forge project Daniu so you'll have to do that your self again.

In the meantime use the above link.

Issue with messed sounds is very problematic, i was able to bypass it completely in FotS by creating fake rows, but calculations for this are so damn complicated that if it gets wrong again i will probably hang myself. We must find easier and permanent solution or modding in Shogun will be severely harmed by this.
    Don't hang your self man, we like you