Thread: Throwing the Gauntlet Down

Rarty's Avatar Foederatus

I challenge anyone to do a campaign as either Marl, or Ritos, in VH/VH, with one tiny extra rule: No help from the Bronze Circle, or the Iron Fist, or the two cat peoples, By that, i mean you can build there buildings(for the bonuses they provide) but you cannot produce any mage units or fist legions etc.

I hope it will be a real challenge, and i hope other would join me in trying it(if you haven't done something like this already), i'm thinking more how long i'll survive than whether i'll win

I'll post more when i start, to anyone who tries, good luck

turn 1:
    extract from the diary of King Ramak:

"I can feel it. Its coming. A tingling under the skin, a warning of what's to come. There's been reports of disappearences, and of villages razed to the ground. Something approaches, something from beyond the mountains. And if that's not enough, i've heard news of this one god cult, troublemakers and dissenters the lot of them, i'll see them all hang."

turn 6:
    extract from a message from Prince Judrive to King Ramak

"Father, you'll be pleased to know that this "One God Cult" will trouble you no more. Skilled they may be at riling the populous(spelling?), but warriors they are not. The men had good sport and all the fresh meat has been blooded, I shall return when i've gathered all bondsmen and oathmen to our banner"

turn 12;
    oral report from a survivor of the first battle of Ritos:

"They first arrived two days 'fore the battle, first i 'eard of them, they wos howling and moaning outside our walls, frustrated that the could nae get in. Dumb basters di'na kin the firs' thing bout how to breach a city as big as ours. as much as 100 trolls, 3 or 4 clans at least, gathered together. We thought we were so safe behind our big walls, oh we were stupid gits we were.
    It wos a foggy day on the day of the battle, couldn't tell yer feet from yer arse, we could see strange shapes moving out there. On the 8th hour by my reckoning, I saw a large shape moving out there, and i kin for the first time how much e we were in. A massive siege tower began rolling down towards the wall, 'course, i couldn't see nothing, wut wit being down with the pikemen and all. From what i heard, them new blista's the king wos after bulding, managed to knock down that tower 'fore it reached the walls, and bloody lucky we were for that too. There ty little ram too got into trouble outside our gates, the dumb buggers didn't kin how to use it, they just dropped it outside the gates. The whole lot o' them charged up that one puny ladder, smashing into our lads on the walls, poor buggers.
    They reached the courtyard, and it was down to us to finish 'em. The pike has always been our weapon, and they are right to fear it. The biggun's stopped for a sec, scared of our pikes, but soon lay into our front lines, carving a path stright through to the king, we fought tooth and nail to stop em from reaching him, but it was so chaotic, i dunno if i even managed to hurt one of the buggers. I did see, just before the trolls broke, the King, dashing past his guards, and attacking two trolls, who were protecting the troll chief, the King slashed left and right with his sword, slaying both trolls, and opening up a path for our pikes to slay there chief, and cause the other to run. It was victory, but we lost so may lads..."

p.s. Apologies if i lost the accent half way through, that is if i ever had it at all

p.s.s. that bit with the king actually happened, it was so cool

This is a strange campaign indeed, at turn 24, the orcs in the west are being HELD BACK BY MARL, this i have never seen before. I think its because i took this one town which the askan are supposed to settle in, which has forced the stack that spawned there to fight the orcs, strange. The Twice Damned have yet to get beyond the mountains, i lost hollow's deep to the trolls, only to have Valan take it a few turns later. Biggest shocker yet, Shodan is surviving, and managed to take Etania's capital, Ethos i think, the dwarves quickly stole it, but still this is amaing. Shodan are being raped from behind by the elves again as usual though, and are slowly dying, this is still the most resistance i've ever seen them put up. This is shaping up to be a really different campaign, but its not as hard as i thought it would be, yet

stupid save got fricking corrupted, that's what i get for messing with files

And i was so enjoying it up to then, orks were dead and all
    Last edited by Eothese; May 04, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Cesarz's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Throwing the Gauntlet Down

Are they both cat people? I thought one of them looks fox like.

P.S Use the edit button.
    "Never trust a quote you find on the internet" - Niccolò Machiavelli

They are both felinoid, I'm just not a skilled model maker or texture artist.
    Not sure you get the edit button till 50 posts in, but I'll keep on top of it. Eventually

Cesarz's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    They are both felinoid, I'm just not a skilled model maker or texture artist.
    Not sure you get the edit button till 50 posts in, but I'll keep on top of it. Eventually
    Really? I would've went for foxes myself. So much more original. Nobody has talking foxes (except Narnia).
    "Never trust a quote you find on the internet" - Niccolò Machiavelli

Rarty's Avatar Foederatus

apologies, i forgot to use the edit button, won't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarz View Post
    Really? I would've went for foxes myself. So much more original. Nobody has talking foxes (except Narnia).
    It's not a question of what's original, it's more of what's actually in my book.