Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusichi: Total World, Introduction (Open Beta Released)

Default Re: Rusichi: Total World, introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Well I understand that part of it that it needs to be done in sequence, but from the screenshots it looks like the strat map settlement model for both blend together, which is more what I was asking about, how that was achieved. Since they could get the same effect with two M2 city models in theory, but it wouldn't look as dynamic as those do.

Cheers,
    Augustus
    In game strat models can be just about any size on the map - something we discovered quite by accident (seriously, an earlier model of a town we exported took up literally half the map. )

It still takes up one tile game-play wise, though, and units can walk through the graphic/model.

So what we did is we placed a city and castle as close together as possible (they are after all different regions) and enlarged both models until they fit perfectly into one, with impassible terrain to simulate the walls.

The illusion works perfectly.
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

Quote Originally Posted by De Bragelon View Post
    Парни, мод просто супер. Этот мод еще раз доказывает, что наши мододелы лучшие! Моё вам всем почтение. Через сколько, примерно, выйдет мод? И где вы оставите ссылку на скачивание? На вашем сайте ведь будет?
    Неделя-две. Будет конечно

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Exelent is the only word i can thing right now!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Absolutely mind-blowing work. Keep it up guys!

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Indefinitely Banned

really great

awesome

An illustration of how the new capitals work:
    (And we are going to change the wooden stakes model)

The stakes surround the space a normal town takes up.

As you can see, it is immensely difficult to take: while you are besieging the city, the castle is free act in building units and assisting in battle. Furthermore, holding the city requires even greater effort - the keep can sortie at any time.

Because of this you need enough strength to take the 2 settlements at once, or at least enough to defend the conquered capital from immediate retaliation.

So let me see if i understood, the capital are two settlements?

Tchouk, а этот мини мод вы будете использовать ?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1758
    И еще один вопрос: у Вас нет подписей вашего мода? Хотел бы поставить себе в подпись.

Tchouk, а этот мини мод вы будете использовать ?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1758
    И еще один вопрос: у Вас нет подписей вашего мода? Хотел бы поставить себе в подпись.
    you could be more polite and speak so that we can all understand...

I have asked, if guys will use this mini-mod or not.

Basileos's Avatar Decanus

As you can see, it is immensely difficult to take: while you are besieging the city, the castle is free act in building units and assisting in battle. Furthermore, holding the city requires even greater effort - the keep can sortie at any time.

Because of this you need enough strength to take the 2 settlements at once, or at least enough to defend the conquered capital from immediate retaliation.
    So you are almost forced to build siege weapons?
    sounds pretty good!many cities had a keep,and there were some cities who were taken, but the castle survived.the templar castle atlit is a good example.the mamluks took atlit city in around 1260,but they couldn't take the castle itself, wich the templars abandoned after the fall of acre in 1291.

interesting!looks realy good for gameplay!

question tough: i see that most of the cities have wooden walls on the strat map, but will the cities have stone wall on the battlefield?

"I created disco"
    "**** Me I'm Famous"
    Al-Andalus/moorish researcher for DotS.
    Come and visite the DotS threads! : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...prune=-1&f=492

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    So let me see if i understood, the capital are two settlements?
    Exactly.

One is a level five city, the other is a castle (different levels).

There are only three of them on the map, one for each faction - and they are uber important. All the top-level units are hired inside the castle and all the major economic and other upgrades are built inside its adjacent huge_city.

So losing the capital equates to basically losing the game. You'll probably be able to hold on to the end, but fulfilling victory conditions will become impossible.

The only real "problem" is the fact that stand-alone huge cities can't be built, or at least they look real ugly and out of place without the castle. The game becomes of necessity less "free" because the center of your kingdom is determined in advance.

But in our mod, which aims to be historically accurate (as much as can be with out sacrificing too much game-play) this isn't a problem.

Where the concept could fit (Minas Tirith ), I'd really like to see it used.

I have asked, if guys will use this mini-mod or not.
    ok thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    Exactly.

One is a level five city, the other is a castle (different levels).

There are only three of them on the map, one for each faction - and they are uber important. All the top-level units are hired inside the castle and all the major economic and other upgrades are built inside its adjacent huge_city.

So losing the capital equates to basically losing the game. You'll probably be able to hold on to the end, but fulfilling victory conditions will become impossible.

The only real "problem" is the fact that stand-alone huge cities can't be built, or at least they look real ugly and out of place without the castle. The game becomes of necessity less "free" because the center of your kingdom is determined in advance.

But in our mod, which aims to be historically accurate (as much as can be with out sacrificing too much game-play) this isn't a problem.

Where the concept could fit (Minas Tirith ), I'd really like to see it used.
    just one question, i dont know about the others opinion nor if you already discussed this amongst yourselves, but wouldnt it better to have only those 3 factions featuring in a more regional map? that way you could have even more villages thus making the game even more challenging, the transition between high and low poly units wouldnt exist as those 3 factions are the only ones that have high poly units and last the mod would be out earlier
    Last edited by Lebre; August 29, 2008 at 09:04 AM.

sorry double post..

In lieu of screenshots - some new textures need to be fixed first - I present some more works by our artists:

Birth of a Cuman:

Concept work by Xroft:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Modeling by Lance, texturing by Ronin

Animation by Freeman, rendering by Lance:
    Last edited by Tchouk; August 29, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Amazing unit

concerning the horse animation, its just for video purposes correct?

Part two: ("Adult" movie )

(SFW)

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    Part two: ("Adult" movie )

(SFW)
    bloody amazing! you are the best modder in the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Very impressive.

How many of these units can handle the m2 engine?

Regards A.U.
    Last edited by Argent Usher; August 30, 2008 at 09:46 AM.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe