Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345974757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1833

Thread: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Default Re: When Worlds Collide/ Hellenistic Twilight Released

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    for your dream, this will not be my goal, as i was bored while the most mods tried to cover the full known world scope but at the cost of having just tiny hellas, with less cities

and details...and many people, always think on rome as imperium, but it was a long struggling way to that....therefor i would advise also to play the paenisula italia mod....

also i found found it sad, that not that much people, are thinking about modding for all the centuries of egyptian mesopotamien history....there could be so much more

in case for new games, but for modding too....but there are just some modders-modellers for rome 1 left...thats the problem

beside to make wwc more complete, i m thinking to make a real deep going didochi total war starting with the death from antipater, current mod will be an ideal base for this...

also i still got a new huge map for the aegaen to make a mod for rise of macedon, and the demise of athens spartas might....

but thats a lot of work for one person, so i m not sure whenever it could be finished...

if any willing modeller read this, help would be very welcome....
    I am aware this is not your goal from the beginning, it's self evident from the focus of the mod Also I actually enjoy a less powerful pre-imperial Rome, like how it really was before the Second Punic War.. I even think the hastati are overpowered a bit, they can be toned down a little I guess I'll just miss the individualized legions, that's all.. I do like the new Roman trait system (Optimates/Populares and Plebeians can be Consuls etc.) I will check out the Peninsula Italica mod.

While in the past I believed I had contempt for the Greek Classical period I now find it very interesting, both historically and mod wise. I have another installation of Diadochi Total War, a mod you are probably familiar with with the same scope like your idea. But it's more similar to 1-turn RS than to your submod I believe. It will be great to see WWC develop and even spill into another submod itself! Also yes there are many interesting mod-worthy historical periods, nations, regions. It's a matter of taste I guess. I hope you get help to accomplish some of those great ideas of yours!

Me personally, I don't have any modelling knowledge at all, but I do have a bit in RTW text editing and maybe overall historical background.. If you need some help on anything like that I will gladly participate to make WWC better or a new and exciting mod come to life Keep up the great work!

P.S. Sorry to mention it once more but is there any way I can revert my own personal WWC 1.6 to the vanilla strat trees? Saul mentioned that you addressed this before but I am still looking for a fix for the lag I get in the Bosporan region, when in view are the huge areas of 'dense forest' to the East of Crimea. I am no expert, but I suspect the trees because the rest of the map has fine FPS, only this region lags awful, so something there must be causing it.. You are the only one who can help me solve this as the mod dev. you know what has been altered etc. The new cool and my personal favorite Bosporan faction is almost unplayble for me now
    Thanks again for everything!
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 11, 2018 at 01:25 PM.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

in case for the strat trees....go to your one turn campaign data folder....scroll down for the descr_climates txt file and move her into the scripts folder....
    now if no such txt file is present anymore, the game will take the rs2.6 one....start a campaign with bosporan and check if the lag still occurs...

just wondering, if just a bit dense forest brakes your performance, how to do play on battlefield....also with lowest settings???

what pc spec do you have at all???

Thanks for tip leoni, trying it out now... Indeed my PC is old, my OS is old, I almost feel old because of all of it I play everything on low, both on strat and camp map. I use Large unit scale (Huge is out of the question).

My specs are: 3.2 GHz one core processor; nVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (256 MB); 3 GB RAM, Win XP OS.

I am well aware my system is very outdated. I just can't afford something new right now. However RTW is also an old game and I run most mods just fine on lower details and Large unit settings. Your mod is no exception - I play a two-full stack battle with minimal lag. And since WWC has much less 'stacks per turn' battles are not tedious so I can soldier through some lowered FPS for the beautiful and rare big battles

Anyway, I just tried out the fix you mentioned with amazing results! I will not bother you with this issue anymore, because I no longer have lag on the strat map! Just started campaign as Bosporans and the fps is silky smooth, on par with performance in RS III. Thank you so much, kind sir!

I'm still going to report bugs, small stuff I noticed (for example I am sure you are aware the supposed Romani elite unit has a peasant unit card, like Saul pointed out; Bosporan nobles unit card is a ship etc., unit's speech on click is misplaced - for ex. you click Skirmishers but they say Charioteers and so forth.) Thanks again for all your time and effort!

EDIT: While cutting descr_climates I just saw I have a folder named 'wwc' in my Play_One_Turn/data folder. Is this normal or I've maybe screwed up the installation somewhere?
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 12, 2018 at 01:42 AM.

i see the point for your pc spec....sad for you...but good to hear, that you can play now with your choosen faction...would be good to hear a feedback about your campaign progress, as there are not much feedbacks about gameplay here so far....

yep, i noticed the ui card stuff....wwc folder is the folder with all cas and texture files....you dont messed up anything....as i said, installation isnt that hard...

Yes all seems to be going well so far as Bosporan. No problem about my PC I love this old piece of equipment As long as I can play older games like RTW with awesome mods such as this I'm more than satisfied. See, it's not the visual level of detail that lures me but the level of effort and detail a the mod. I value yours very highly in that regard.

Yes, installation wasn't hard it's just when I saw 'wwc' I thought I copied something in the wrong dir.

Going to try some other factions soon too, I need some education! (This mod is like a history book, only better ). I'll gladly post gameplay updates and maybe even run FRAPS for some screenies. Cheers!
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 12, 2018 at 04:16 AM.

wonderful, your feedback is welcome....i noticed in my two latest test camps, that the bosporan always seems to have no answer, if the armenians come up with their best troops

so i m interested in your camp and battle expierence, i alreayd reduced some of their units in strength....maybe there is more effort needed

hello followers, i redone the savegame combatible fix on the first page, now with new textures, missing ui card and epeiros can now recruit elite hoplites in ambrakia too

so install wwc main, patch 06 and the attached fix, delete map.rwm and go....

wonderful, your feedback is welcome....i noticed in my two latest test camps, that the bosporan always seems to have no answer, if the armenians come up with their best troops

so i m interested in your camp and battle expierence, i alreayd reduced some of their units in strength....maybe there is more effort needed
    I've been dabbling into the SPQR campaign more since it's been fun so far. I'll have a go at the Bosporan one soon again.

I'll try out the fix you posted. Maybe I was late to report another bug - missile units 'not firing', both mine and the AI's, I'm guessing in flaming arrows mode (I've seen plenty of normal arrows flying around), strangely I remember also noticing a similar problem in RS III. Can it be again something from my PC? I'll test things and look at this more carefully, maybe play around a custom battle or two.

EDIT: Confirmed, patch works, for example the legionary unit card is fixed as of latest patch, however the 'Bosporan Nobles' unit still looks like a ship. Maybe they are just supposed to be Bosporan elite maritime cavalry
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 13, 2018 at 07:39 AM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    . I'll try out the fix you posted. Maybe I was late to report another bug - missile units 'not firing', both mine and the AI's, I'm guessing in flaming arrows mode (I've seen plenty of normal arrows flying around), strangely I remember also noticing a similar problem in RS III. Can it be again something from my PC? I'll test things and look at this more carefully, maybe play around a custom battle or two.
    No not at all to do with your PC laddie, it's a common occurrence with flaming arrows. Try turning off flame + faw(if on) then switch on flame only, target the enemy manually before trying faw again, this has often worked for me
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 13, 2018 at 07:48 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Oh good to know Saul, I will try that, but the issue still remains with the AI missile units? I don't care that much about my own archers - I generally don't use flaming missiles except maybe in a siege defense. But I noticed the issue while the enemy AI units were supposed to hit me. Now that I think of it the battle was in the city and if there are buildings in the way, sometimes the missile units will behave this way (which I don't remember like that, they had a seemingly 'clean' shot at my guys).

EDIT: Anyway, I think I encountered another minor visual bug. Roman banner carrier officers have no swords (or didn't have in this battle at least). They were very badass, holding the banner of the Res Publica in one hand and swinging tirelessly with their right bare hands at Roma's enemies, knocking them to the ground This was either the hastati or principes unit (but I'm guessing they use the same officers). Others need to confirm the bug, obviously.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 13, 2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post

EDIT: Anyway, I think I encountered another minor visual bug. Roman banner carrier officers have no swords (or didn't have in this battle at least). They were very badass, holding the banner of the Res Publica in one hand and swinging tirelessly with their right bare hands at Roma's enemies, knocking them to the ground This was either the hastati or principes unit (but I'm guessing they use the same officers). Others need to confirm the bug, obviously.
    Aha...way of the empty hand aka karate-do
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 13, 2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo

new fix is attached on first page, bosporan cav ui card fixed, nex textures added....just copy and paste after you have installed patch06,,,its save game comb.

Last edited by leoni; January 14, 2018 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Aha...way of the empty hand aka karate-do
    Haha yeah Can you confirm bug Saul?

new fix is attached on first page, bosporan cav ui card fixed, nex textures added....just copy and paste after you have installed patch06,,,its save game comb.

Awesome! Thank you

there are some models, where sometimes they have no swords in their hand, i m not sure for me, that officer, have to check this....but if so its basicly model related, so i can

nothing do about it....

sorry people, saul gave me a hint, that something was wrong with the latest txt files....so i reuploaded the last fix again....

This mod is awesome Leoni, thank you very much for your hard work over several years and i hope you will do more in the future.

PS: is the wwc map stretched out to the maximum? or could it be bigger?

Hi leo, the full name of the submod is WWC:¬ Hellenistic Twilight and the map size is set to reflect the Hellenistic theme, leoni has plans to expand on that afaik so yes it could get bigger, stay tuned

hello leo, yes i have many ideas for the future, but i have to think about what to do, as there are so less modders active for rome 1, most important the lack of modellers....

the map width is at maximum, the height not....but for this scenario, its ideal now....the problem with the greater map, to include gallia, iberia etc....would squeeze for example

hellas to a tiny landmass, even for this map now, i shortened anatolia and the more widther iranian plateau, therefor enlarged hellas, sicily and the smaler islands....

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

whats the one turn attachment for on page 1? is that a patch
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    whats the one turn attachment for on page 1? is that a patch
    Aye kris, it's a texture fix, you need this if you play as the Romani or you will have a ctd , a ui card fix for missing or incorrect pics and some improved eye candy. Download, unpack, open and copy & paste into the Play_One_Turn folder in your directory

EDIT:
    all savegame compatible
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 17, 2018 at 05:06 PM. Reason: update