Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107157182197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4149

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

But it's not possible that not even one person in that ed company didn't think that the game will die that way. We are talking about a professional company here (the worst company, but still). The SW fanbase is huge. They could have a MMO that could last for years, being successful (not like this). I was hoping that this game will grow again some day... It's the only SW mmo out there , they could have taken advantage of it, damn it!

My Picture Gallery

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Play Star Trek Online instead. Spaces battles are way advanced and fun than every other MMOs.
    Last edited by gastovski; September 18, 2017 at 03:15 AM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dude Star Trek online pales in comparison to EVE's space battles.

The think is...that i want to play a SW online game. Not just space battles

My Picture Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Play Star Trek Online instead. Spaces battles are way advanced and fun than every other MMOs.
    I played that quite a bit last year, even made it to endgame at that time. It's not a bad game, and it's pretty cool if you like Star Trek, but you have to pay massive amounts of money to get any of the good/cool ships, AND those ships you buy do perform better than the ships you can get in game without premium currency. Both SWTOR and STO have egregious cash shops. I think Star Trek's is worse for endgame though. Base ships in cash shop, if I recall correctly, were like 30 bucks, and on top of that they put ships into crates, not skins.. ships..

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I played that quite a bit last year, even made it to endgame at that time. It's not a bad game, and it's pretty cool if you like Star Trek, but you have to pay massive amounts of money to get any of the good/cool ships, AND those ships you buy do perform better than the ships you can get in game without premium currency. Both SWTOR and STO have egregious cash shops. I think Star Trek's is worse for endgame though. Base ships in cash shop, if I recall correctly, were like 30 bucks, and on top of that they put ships into crates, not skins.. ships..
    I'm not even a Star Trek fan. Never watched any TV or Movies. I had absolutely no knowledge until recently.

Everything you said is true. But you can get ships if you farm and convert to Zen with at least two lvl 50+ chars though (will take couple of months). Also with Arc Quest system (no sweat) 500 zen is guarenteed in less than a month. I only paid for one time monthly sub to get permenant benefits and bought two last tier ships. Last tier ships could be more expensive for EU or US people but it's cheaper in Turkey.

Eve Online is a joke comparing to STO space battles imo. Nothing ever closes to STO like i said. The number of ships, customization, micromanagement, visuals and battles are just simply perfect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah that's the thing. SWTOR's cash shop is purely cosmetic. But it is subscribe to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Yeah that's the thing. SWTOR's cash shop is purely cosmetic. But it is subscribe to win.
    True, I should have clarified that, it's more their free to play model that is horrible.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Cartel Coins are worthless. There is nothing to buy because all of the good stuff that everyone wants hasn't been on for over a year.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus IV View Post
    I logged into the game after some months again. Ahh the memories. Such a pity SWTOR is declining. So much potential wasted because...? I loved this game.
    Is there a chance for this game to be good again?
    Make it full free to play while encouraging an e-dick culture which will have players spending money on cosmetic or prestige items in the shop and this game can last for another 10 years. But this is EA, they're too greedy to make money of a decent game backed by the most popular IP. They managed to kill Dragon Age, Free battlefield and Mass Effect in the space of 3 years.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 21, 2017 at 09:06 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician

That is exactly what they should do. If you don't have to spend money on subscriptions chances are you will spend it on shop items.
    They should also bring back some of the cool gear from years ago. Tulak Hord armour, Reaver armour etc.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Imo is still subscribe to play.

The free option you can only realy experience the base story mode... imo Anything else is restricted, or limited if you are playing free.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 23, 2017 at 03:53 PM.

Did anyone read the new updates that are coming in the following months? They are...interesting?

My Picture Gallery

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yep.

New PvP Map, New GSF Map, GSF rebalance (which will actually probably make it worse, GSF had a great rock-paper-scissors system if you understand how it works), and server merges (One US West, one US East, one EU English, one EU German, one EU... some other language).

Plus other stuff. Little rewards, a new flashpoint on the Chiss planet Copero, etc.

Patrician

Really looks like they are trying to cut down due to the loss of players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A lot of those servers had been dead since before the severe player loss. Joining a game and joining a dead server discourages new players. It is a good move, especially for those who still play.

Patrician

I had characters on maybe 4 or more servers. What happens to those?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

All get combined, don't loose any, but can't make new ones unless you're below the 52-character limit.

Yeah, server merge means they lost a lot of players.

But it's a good move, merge is always a good move. Those 5 new servers will be much more alive now. I must say, i like these changes. Maybe i will give it a run, once i find some free time. Joining a game and joining a dead server is indeed discouraging as Magister Militum said.

My Picture Gallery