Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Sounds good, the map does look wonderful so far. Its good to hear that the AI is active!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Thanks for the answer. May I ask something about win conditions?

Usually I find the win conditions in Med2 and in many other games by CA absolutely idiotic, is there a hope of being able to have realistic and historically accurate Win Conditions for this mod?

For example: The Southern Langobard Dukedoms cannot hope to conquer Greece, they could just hope to get all the Southern Italy and at least some part of the North. At the same time the Carolingian Empire can't conquer the whole Balkans while it can get the Northern part of them, that is Croatia, and so on... what do you think, is it possible to have good and historically accurate win conditions?

As always, congrats great work!

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    partly yes. i just wanted to show the battlemaps and the campaignmap in a small 1:1 preview.
    all north of the danube river is under construction. the parts south are 90% complete and under permanent testing, in order to find dead end, points of control and classical ambush positions, mapbugs a.s.o.. the pathfinding for the CAI is also important, but it seems really good. the mediteranian area has alot of island and coasts, but the different factions start raiding and invasions after some time.
    I have tested mostly about 30-50 turns and give all factions a basic recruitment to let them survive.

This is good news. How is the campaign script coming along?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Winconditions are important for CAI-Behavoir (not proved, but read alot about this), so i think the conditions will be quite historical and very detailed for the factions. but this isn´t touched.
    Some factions start with relativly hard conditions, like serbia with just some (very well protected) regions or chandax other factions like bulgaria or ErE with hugh secure lands (but face alot of enemies). Most difficult will be the magyar faction, i think. they will transform from a eastern steppe faction to a continental kingdom.

the campaignscripting didn´t start and there is just a basic transition from francish empire to holy roman empire so far.

will the Abbasid caliphate be a playable faction? if s how did their army look like?

yes, they are playble at start. there roster is under construction, but at the time they share basic islamic roster + some daylami units

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    yes, they are playble at start. there roster is under construction, but at the time they share basic islamic roster + some daylami units
    Oki, good luck with everything, tartaros

Thanks for your clarifications about win-conditions, Tartaros! The work you guys are doing is really a big and hard task, it's not easy making a modification for TW games especially if you want to keep the work at the top of both quality and historical accuracy! So congrats and thanks!
    Everything I'm reading and watching here is a confirmation that this Mod will be (and for me already is) a cornerstone of Med 2 modding history!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

As tartaros said win conditions are last to be desided!
    This was a desision from the start however. The problem is simple! We can not just put a province number conquer as a win condition because Roman Empire and Bulgarian one are huge states from the start and that would make things easy, too easy. What we had in mind in the early stages of the game developing was the time limmit!
    A faction must survive to the end of time (1071) and only then other conditions must be part of it!
    Certain cities under faction's rule, certain factions under vassalage or destroyed , capital under faction's rule etc...
    Our main goal is to "force" players to play the game to its time limmit and "live" all the game's events and feel how those events affected the factions they play....
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    As tartaros said win conditions are last to be desided!
    This was a desision from the start however. The problem is simple! We can not just put a province number conquer as a win condition because Roman Empire and Bulgarian one are huge states from the start and that would make things easy, too easy. What we had in mind in the early stages of the game developing was the time limmit!
    A faction must survive to the end of time (1071) and only then other conditions must be part of it!
    Certain cities under faction's rule, certain factions under vassalage or destroyed , capital under faction's rule etc...
    Our main goal is to "force" players to play the game to its time limmit and "live" all the game's events and feel how those events affected the factions they play....
    That's an interesting concept .
    And btw, it's very nice to see you back in the forums Antonius!

However, I must say it sort of distresses me to not see a post by any of TGC team members in four days now, going to five.

Real life action

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: >> The Great Conflicts map.<<

Gentlemen these days i am trying to create these guys as Tier 1 Cavalarii!

But my long apsent from modding forces me to go slow!
    More news soon!!
    Thank you all for your suport to our team!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

No doubt the wait will be worth

More news soon!!
    They will amazing, i am sure for this!

More news soon!!
    I am interested in including something like that in Titanium.
    Maybe we can join forces.
    Let me know if there is something you need and I'll let you know if I can do it.

In which phase of modelling them are you?

Thanks for doing this guys,cant wait this mod!

Caballarii? I like them! I've just found the pic on Pinterest, great model!
    .. I don't understand just one thing about the model in the pics: why isn't armor covering the stomach? The wounds to stomach were (and frequently they are still today) deadly.

some work in progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2015-02-04 00-33-16-39.jpg   kingdoms 2015-02-04 00-35-34-72.jpg   kingdoms 2015-02-04 00-34-46-13.jpg   kingdoms 2015-02-04 00-33-36-29.jpg   kingdoms 2015-02-04 00-34-20-69.jpg  

kingdoms 2015-02-04 00-32-57-18.jpg  

Very pleased to see more of your work, Tartaros, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Caballarii? I like them! I've just found the pic on Pinterest, great model!
    .. I don't understand just one thing about the model in the pics: why isn't armor covering the stomach? The wounds to stomach were (and frequently they are still today) deadly.
    Because caballarii are horsemen, they fight while seated and when seated their armour does cover the stomach.

Btw, Anthonius, what about my offer?