Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142434459 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Libertus

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Ariel90- Is the crash near a city? Or are the enemy siege the city. Are you using expanded deployment zones mod? That can cause a crash. Do you get crashes with any othe 40 vs 40 battles? How much memory does your PC have? Did you save the game before the battle. If so please pack the save file and compress it and send the compressed file and post it on this thread so I can experience it myself. I need to see what units are in the battle and make sure that none of stats are messed up. In the mean time put this into your Napoleon data folder and try it again.
    Hi Bran!

Thanks for responding. These CTD's occur when I want to start a fight with 40 vs 40 armies. With less units my computer doesnt give CTD's. It doesnt matter if I fight near a city or in open land. I haven't face a defending siege yet so I cannot tell wether it's due to this. I do use expanded deployment mod, but as I said with less units in an army I am able to fight despite the expanded deployment mod enabled. My computer has a 6 GB memory RAM (not the state of the art I know ) BTW I also use your music mod, very nice one! I don't know how to compress and send a save-file so can you tell me how to do it? However I do have the save file just taken before the battle starts. In the meanwhile I will put your sent file into my Napoleon data folder.

Libertus

Hi Bran, I tested your file but it still doesnt work. Great Brittain invaded my coastal town near paris (forgot the name) with a full stack army. I (Napoleon) want to retake it with a 40 unit army. I am afraid it has to do something with the other files. If you can tell me how to sent you the save files I will sent them to you. Tnx!

Libertus

I think I managed to compress my save file. I hope you can help me. Thanks anyway!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Civis

turn five. Russia is very friendly, gave them infinite pass trough my lands,gave them techies,im neutral just friend of the small germanic states and still dont choose "a side". And still got a war declaration from them...so is basically scripted that they will attack you no matter what you do or something?. I Tried multiple times and the only way to avoid this is become their allies but then france go aggainst me basically unstopable xDDDD...im ok with that kind of oppresive attacking behavior ONLY if i choose to start a war, the thing is that i want to avoid conflict with anyone for at least half year in order to assemble my army..in four turns/2 months i even have my buildings ready (upgraded in very first turn).

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Working to find bug for 40 unit battle crashes.

Patrician

UPDATE: FIX FOR 40 UNIT BATTLE CRASH! After researching all units I found the cause of the problem and it was in the PdGuru add on pack. I corrected the unit and tested Arie90 save file and had a battle with the British army and it worked fine. YOU MUST RE DOWNLOAD THE MODIFIED ADD ON PACKS FROM THE [I]MEGA[I] SITE Download link in post number one. here is the link for you Arie90;https://mega.co.nz/#!UkRWxZKD!rUMu4s...bUIG0MOpBrT6TI

Libertus

Oow very nice! Well done. I will download your new file asap. Thanks!

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Pafciu View Post
    Thank You Roy I tried some mod but maybe I must write submod's name in scripts.
    There's no need for a user script, just put it in your data folder of main game.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by B1ackwolf View Post
    turn five. Russia is very friendly, gave them infinite pass trough my lands,gave them techies,im neutral just friend of the small germanic states and still dont choose "a side". And still got a war declaration from them...so is basically scripted that they will attack you no matter what you do or something?. I Tried multiple times and the only way to avoid this is become their allies but then france go aggainst me basically unstopable xDDDD...im ok with that kind of oppresive attacking behavior ONLY if i choose to start a war, the thing is that i want to avoid conflict with anyone for at least half year in order to assemble my army..in four turns/2 months i even have my buildings ready (upgraded in very first turn).
    Try a campaign at normal, it should be less aggressive.

Libertus

Bran, your update worked! I beated that bloody Wellington Thanks!

Hi, thank you for these mod edits I just installed them and they are brilliant.

I wanted to install this:
    NEW: VOLLEY FIRE VERSION-All infantry use volley fire. Note: you will have to go into all the unit add on packs with PFM and in unit_stats_land change all the infantry "can_skirmish" to True. Build 11/13/14

But as I am on a Mac I cannot edit use PFM

Regards

SWB

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I need shorter units length than the darths. Is the mod such ? What do they differ in from the others ? The screen in the OP is zoomed too distant.

Patrician

Dracula- I use the unlocked camera so I can see everything going on. Must have for 40 unit battles. I did not change unit lengths. You can in battle_entities_tables.

Civis

hey bran...sorry for the constant annoying..but i feel like your CAI is kind of broke :c, started a new gane on H/VH(batTles)...everything is fine,but then russia or austria decide to atack me, if they do all my allies instantly abandon me (norway for example), i found that the only way to stop this happen was firs asking a alliance with the condition of joining in war aggainst frenchs. Doing this loophole my allies dont abandon me but neither go to war aside me(this is completely different from VAINILLA DM when almost all my allies were really loyal,with counted times when they obviusly refused), passed a couple of turns,become allied with austria,UK and SWEDEN, start punching the frenchs and take hannover and bavaria and then BOOM, with any kind of sense the austrian backstab me and declared me war, all my allies refuse join me and abandon me(again)..then russian joins austria..then UK join russia, and so on...tried the same game in normal..trying to follow the same steps and everything happened one and another time again and again, russia declares war at turn 5(dodged by joining aggainst french), austria declare war at turn 8-10, not matter what.

Sorry but im a little frustrated now :c, all the good CAI with more logical attack paths the AI choose, the better tweaked BAI with all those manouvers they do, everything fades away with that diplomacy nonsense i got every campaing i do (happened the same with every other "neutral starter nation" i tried :s).

I like this version but sometimes i feel it unplayable :c, i think imma go back to vainilla DM :c, so i want to ask is at least the "hard economical" version in post #6 is compatible with standard version?(thats the main reason i changed..i was havin 22k+ around turn 50 or something..so i lost the thrive struggle feel i got with this one :T.

Thanks and again..sorry my english XD.

One has to have in mind that all TW games are meant as a "total war" - all against you in generall. It is realistic in as much as it can happen. Diplomacy and other stuff matter in games like Imperial Glory, allthough I don't know why they refuse to rework it in their style. Once you prepare for that every idiot aound may rush for your borders, you are OK with TW games. Lol

As for the difficulties, I stopped trying to understand them back then when it turned out, in Hard difficulty in RTW your units get a "-" morale which shouldn't be. Same goes for diplomacy etc. If you settle on normal difficulty, there's a great progress forward ...
    Last edited by Dracula; December 10, 2014 at 05:47 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE; NEW VERSION More Defensive less warlike Campaign AI For those who want to play against a more Defensive AI: alliances hold better Ai will be less likely to go to war against you. Post #9 They will still build armies so if you invade their lands be prepared Test and report back.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; December 10, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

Do you have an explanation of what the stats in the campaign tables mean ? For example "war and peace" etc ?

Patrician

Higher means more aggressive and warlike. Lower less warlike and more passive.

Yes but there are hundreds of them there. Is there a tutorial explanation somewhere or something ?! Some of them are self-explanatory but some sound weird .. That's why a description is needed.
    Last edited by Dracula; December 19, 2014 at 06:25 PM.

Hey all, just getting into Napoleon TW and trying out DM and Bran Edits. I am playing a British campaign and had my first full 40 on 40 land battle yesterday. It was great fun. Something has bothered me though and i wanted to check in with other users of these mods. At the start of the battle the Spanish Line just started repositioning around, mainly heading towards the centre of the map in single file etc resulting on the BAI army becoming a blobbing mess rather than a coordinated army. An example is that they had at least 6 cannon batteries in their line centre which didn't even deploy. There was a town in the middle of the map more towards the centre of the Spanish line and i was able to run troops in and garrison buildings right under their noses as the BAI army was just milling around.

I was under the impression Dart Mod and Bran Edits went ways towards stopping this kind of behaviour, have i just been unlucky?