Thread: Some question

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Default Some question

Is possible to modify the description of Portugal in 1080 is a County of Kingdoms of Castle-Leon?

Is possible for Portugal to star in alliance it Castle-Leon 1080 they are the same Kingdoms

(In the territory that is now Portugal, during the Reconquest of Iberia from the Moors, there were two distinct creations of Counties of Portugal.
    The First County of Portugal (Portuguese: Condado de Portucale) was established by Vímara Peres after the reconquest of Porto in 868 and was incorporated in the Kingdom of Galicia in 1071, after the death of Count Nuno Mendes (while it enjoyed a certain autonomy, it always remained a dependency of the Kingdom of León-Galicia).
    The Second County of Portugal (Portuguese: Condado Portucalense), that came into existence in 1093 during the reign of Alfonso VI of León and Castile, was offered to Henry of Burgundy (who gave his aid in the Reconquista and who also received the hand of Teresa of León, the king's daughter, in marriage). This second county was much larger, including the territories of the old County of Coimbra, parts of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro and even the south of Galicia. This county would evolve in 1128 into the Kingdom of Portugal under Henry of Burgundy's son, Afonso I of Portugal.)

The last ill you make new colorers for the Byzantine Empire ?
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Some question

The existence in 1080 of Portugal has always been an issue.

I can make them have an alliance, I even had it like that for a little while.

But then I removed it because in fact Henry and Teresa of Leon attacked Leon & Castille in 1109. So I left them as friendly neighbors for now.

The Byzantines will receive a makeover once the One Faction a time project is complete.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Sorry to ask but what is One Faction a time project
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

he is creating one faction at a time, that is the project.

As well as polishing the ones already added.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Some more question.
    Is possible to raise the limit of region to pass the 200?

Can a family member lose a tittle to another family member ?
    ex. i have a general than is Count of Lisbon, he conquest another city and gain new title can it by possible if a send another family for Lisbon the old lose the title count of Lisbon for the new governor.

Umbrisse's Avatar Civis

Pass 200? Nope, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars (hard coded).

Lose a title? Trade a title? Depends on the title. There is a list on the forums somewhere, I think. Region titles like Count of Lisbon, Duke of wherever, can be transferred. However, if a noble loses his title, there is a chance that he will get pissed and have his loyalty lowered. Other titles/things can be transfered, like the privy seal. Some titles/things can't be transferred, though.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Byzantium1081AD.PNG
    Is possible for you to make Byzantine have this border in your mod, i now there are limitation it the region, but if add Crete, rodes, and the town north of Constantinople, i cant remender the name, will came close.

I used to have them like that. But I felt that in that configuration, they started out quite powerful with barely anyone to stop them.

Now that the new factions are in, I may give it a try again.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kepper View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Byzantium1081AD.PNG
    Is possible for you to make Byzantine have this border in your mod, i now there are limitation it the region, but if add Crete, rodes, and the town north of Constantinople, i cant remender the name, will came close.
    You can mod the faction starting borders yourself in the txt files... I won't tell you how exactly, but I've done it... That way you can make the Byzantines powerful from the begining. Mostly in order to make that happen you need to use the show_cursorstat command (to find the coordinates on the map) and then either add the rebel generals/armies to the Byzantine faction family tree, or place Byzantine family members in the cities that you want to become byzantine (while removing the rebel armies). You can do search to find out how to do this in a more detailed fashion, and all of the borders are moddable to your taste. At one time (beta 1.95 I think) I modded the borders pretty extensively. Good luck!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I'm playing 1.9.12...The mod looks good enough!!But i have some questions.Why the militia units must be so expensive?Peasants forced to fight and with low sallaries you know!!Why a city has to suffer a population degrease even under low taxes?Could maybe a good idea to add some population groth buildings or some existed ones to help to this issue?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

AMMsterz's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Re: Some question

WaZaaa!!!

How'd d'ya transfer retinues, particularly titles, from person to person e.g. Emir of Basra title? :hmmm: Sorry if the question sounds amateurish... Tried searching for an answer but gave up after a while hehehe...

Another seemingly simple question, which may well have been rushed: when do Muslim Princesses appear in the game?

Enjoyin the mod by the way...

Peaceage

@AMMsterz

to transfer a title just drag the picture on to the portrait of another character at thebottom of the screen. So they must both be in the same location.

Muslim princesess are availeable as soon as they reach the right age, but remember not all female members become useful diplomatic characters

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I'm playing 1.9.12...The mod looks good enough!!But i have some questions.Why the militia units must be so expensive?Peasants forced to fight and with low sallaries you know!!Why a city has to suffer a population degrease even under low taxes?Could maybe a good idea to add some population groth buildings or some existed ones to help to this issue?
    Economy and gameplay balance. If they are too cheap, all someone has to do is spam a bunch of peasants and they will kill all the knights.

Population growth isn't difficult as long as you focus on farms, trade, and get some decent governors. If the AI can do it, you certainly can.
    Last edited by tornnight; June 01, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

In the next release will have any new faction or unit?
    His there any more news about your new Zone of Recruitment / Area of Recruitment?
    Great work

No new factions yet. I still have polishing to do.

No news about the ZOR/AOR either.

AMMsterz's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    No new factions yet. I still have polishing to do.

No news about the ZOR/AOR either.
    That's perfectly kool with me, tornnight, so long as polishing em factions includes adding more unique units to certain factions especially the Abbasids, which I'm busy with at the moment coz at the moment they've got the fewest mix of units out of the other Muslim factions... :hmmm:

Gud luck with next release! Hope I actually finish a campaign before the next one hehehe...