Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by ML101 View Post
    Hi i'm playing the latest version of CAE. The only change I made to it was changing the starting date from 1080 to 1099. The year is now 1212 and the Mongols haven't popped up and the message hasn't popped up. Any idea why?
    Hello ML101.When you change the starting year you also need to make change in the descr_events file that the event turn numbers take place.Also the timescale you are using is important too.

At the event of Mongols by the default year 1080:
    The date of Mongols in the file is displayed as:

event historic mongols_invasion_warn
    date 128 144

So let's do the math we add 128 over the starting year 1080:

1080+128=1208 /This is the year of the Mongol invasion warning...

In the ligt of this you as you have set the starting year from 1080 to 1099,For the mongol invasion warning to pop up in the same year you'll need to:

1099+109=1208 so simply change the number 128 with 109 for the event to happen in the same year Other wise you'll see the message pop up at the year 1227 instead of 1208...

The directory of the file location:Programfiles/SEGA/Medieaval II Total War/CloudsAcrossEurope/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    The file name: descr_events.txt

Hope this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebat11 View Post
    Once Teutonic cities get upgraded to the highest barracks (armoury?) they gain the Teutonic city guard, however they lose the ability to recruit crossbow militia.

Therefore Cities for the Teutonic Order can't build any missile units for the highest tier of the city, since they can't recruit arquebus and musket units.
    I understand Firebat11;I will fix that now don't worry and thank you for your report.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; July 04, 2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: fixing DB
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Icon7 Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Hi im looking to play this mods it look really great ...

But each time i try to start a campaign .. tryed whit teutonic an jerusalem so far, at the 3rd turn wen i hit end turn(sandglass) the game stuck at england ...

so far i tryed to delete everything even my sega folder an reinstalled everything (3time) but i got same problem over and over

im playing whit 1.2 patch and CAE 1.1

can u please help me

thanks

Default Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar' View Post
    Hi im looking to play this mods it look really great ...

But each time i try to start a campaign .. tryed whit teutonic an jerusalem so far, at the 3rd turn wen i hit end turn(sandglass) the game stuck at england ...

so far i tryed to delete everything even my sega folder an reinstalled everything (3time) but i got same problem over and over

im playing whit 1.2 patch and CAE 1.1

can u please help me

thanks
    Hi Caesar..I understand that you experience a CTD everytime at the 3rd turn..
    A question:Have you installed the official CA's patch v1.2 over patch v1.1? Or After installing mtw2 you just installed patch v1.2?

mtw2 you just installed patch v1.2? <<< this is what i did

thanks for your fast reply

mtw2 you just installed patch v1.2? <<< this is what i did

thanks for your fast reply
    Wait a minute..You installed patch v1.2 after installing the CAE mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Wait a minute..You installed patch v1.2 after installing the CAE mod?

1st i installed the game
    2nd i installed 1.2 patch
    3rd i instaled the mod CAE 1.1

1st i installed the game
    2nd i installed 1.2 patch
    3rd i instaled the mod CAE 1.1
    Ah..I see there is nothing wrong with that..You did it right.And Are you using the English version?

Ah..I see there is nothing wrong with that..You did it right.And Are you using the English version?

yes im playing the english version

yes im playing the english version
    Well I'm really confused..I'll Pm you now on this issue.

Hey I've installed the mod but when i click on the icon on the desktop, it takes me to the CAE loading screen then CTD and says MTW2 encountered an "unspecified error". I installed the mod with a fresh install of MTW2, no patches on it. Is this the problem, should I have installed the patches first?

I get CTD quite often myself.Have clean install of M2TW and latest MEGA patch.
    Si far I've tried lithuanian, wallachian, teutons, danish... I am not sure why I get CTD. I have tried to see if it has something with turns, events, my own actions ingame. nope just kicks me out
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Satch234 View Post
    Hey I've installed the mod but when i click on the icon on the desktop, it takes me to the CAE loading screen then CTD and says MTW2 encountered an "unspecified error". I installed the mod with a fresh install of MTW2, no patches on it. Is this the problem, should I have installed the patches first?
    As I've also requested in the pm I sent you could you post the error log here please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    I get CTD quite often myself.Have clean install of M2TW and latest MEGA patch.
    Si far I've tried lithuanian, wallachian, teutons, danish... I am not sure why I get CTD. I have tried to see if it has something with turns, events, my own actions ingame. nope just kicks me out
    Hello Gazi,sorry to hear that.Just a reminder you've been playing CAE for long when you download the newer versions,do you install them over the previous ones?

To uninstall the previous ones and delete the traces of it,there should only be remaining folder named CloudsAcrossEurope in the directory Programfiles/SEGA/Medieval II Total War don't forget to delete that after unintalling the previous version..

Hi Caesar..I understand that you experience a CTD everytime at the 3rd turn..
    A question:Have you installed the official CA's patch v1.2 over patch v1.1? Or After installing mtw2 you just installed patch v1.2?
    Hey i ask for help once small. And i ask humbly. I have the same problem. My term freez at third term. I tired a few kingdoms. Its the same effect. Yes i have the collectorz edition. And i instaled 1.2. The the mod. It keeps saying no cd detected. So i got a no cd patch from game copy world. Then i could get into it. But it freeye aat term 3

Quote Originally Posted by peng_li View Post
    Hey i ask for help once small. And i ask humbly. I have the same problem. My term freez at third term. I tired a few kingdoms. Its the same effect. Yes i have the collectorz edition. And i instaled 1.2. The the mod. It keeps saying no cd detected. So i got a no cd patch from game copy world. Then i could get into it. But it freeye aat term 3
    Well that's really strange that at the 3rd turn it just freezes the best is to compare the difference between your game and another person that experiences CAE without this problem..

I hope someone will explain here how they installed the game...Or which version English/US they are using..

I am pretty sure its. the english version....
    it says medieval 2 collectors edition... man-s038-uk... So it must be a english edition.. i live in Australia....
    and .. this is how i installed. the cd..
    first i put the cd one in. press install then second.. then..
    installed 1.2 patch..
    then installed 1.1 CAE ... patch. after successfully installing the patch...
    i click on the desk top icon...
    it tells me please insert your correct DVD-ROM select ok and restart application. so.. is there any way to solve this...
    i did get into the game.. by installing the no cd crack from www.gamecopyworld.com but.. that problem of freezing at 3rd... tern always occure..

Quote Originally Posted by peng_li View Post
    I am pretty sure its. the english version....
    it says medieval 2 collectors edition... man-s038-uk... So it must be a english edition.. i live in Australia....
    and .. this is how i installed. the cd..
    first i put the cd one in. press install then second.. then..
    installed 1.2 patch..
    then installed 1.1 CAE ... patch. after successfully installing the patch...
    i click on the desk top icon...
    it tells me please insert your correct DVD-ROM select ok and restart application. so.. is there any way to solve this...
    i did get into the game.. by installing the no cd crack from www.gamecopyworld.com but.. that problem of freezing at 3rd... tern always occure..
    I pm'ed a certain solution to you and hope it will work,Peng Li

Zeph, playing your latest version 1.2 with the following CTD, all updated correctly:

11:24:02.757 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3139, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_composite_arrow'
    11:24:02.757 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3139, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Kazaks'
    11:24:02.757 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt

Also, I sure wished you added my Kingdom of Jerusalem faction changes

Quote Originally Posted by gfortune View Post
    Zeph, playing your latest version 1.2 with the following CTD, all updated correctly:

stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_composite_arrow'
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Kazaks'
    11:24:02.757 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt

Also, I sure wished you added my Kingdom of Jerusalem faction changes
    I think I got the reason of the CTD gfortune...
    About the Jerusalem faction changes believe me I was very busy with the mod and real life so couldn't find the time to examine them throughly.

Hi, great mod, I'm really enjoying it but I'm having some trouble, unfortunatel,y and was hoping someone could help.

Everything works great except anytime I try to play a battle with Khwarezm the game exits and I receive the following error: "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

I tried playing as the Teutonic Order and had no problems fighting battles so the problem seems limited to the Khwarezm faction.

I'm running M2TW with the 1.2 patch and I just installed CAE 1.2 today.

I tried searching through but didn't see any solutions posted, I apologize if I missed anything.

I appreciate any help and/or suggestions.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by azaadegaan View Post
    Hi, great mod, I'm really enjoying it but I'm having some trouble, unfortunatel,y and was hoping someone could help.

Everything works great except anytime I try to play a battle with Khwarezm the game exits and I receive the following error: "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

I tried playing as the Teutonic Order and had no problems fighting battles so the problem seems limited to the Khwarezm faction.

I'm running M2TW with the 1.2 patch and I just installed CAE 1.2 today.

I tried searching through but didn't see any solutions posted, I apologize if I missed anything.

I appreciate any help and/or suggestions.

Thanks!
    I'll just check the Kwarizmian units thank you for your report,The Kwarizmian textures had been revamped so maybe I forgot to upload a certain skin...