Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Default Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/CHRIST%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]Hi Zephrelial,

First i like to say i like your MOD alot. Thanks for making this game better!<

Ok i started a game with Byzantin Civ, well i was having lots fun when i was looking over Constantinople stats and got a graphic problem. The picture i uploaded is not Constantinople window but i pressed ctrl-s to save the game and there you can see the graphic problem (red circle). When this happens i get a CTD after completing the turn.

I installed CAE on a new MTWII and updated to 1.2. Do you have a idea what is causing this???

Thanks!

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by lanartruc View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/CHRIST%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]Hi Zephrelial,

First i like to say i like your MOD alot. Thanks for making this game better!<

Ok i started a game with Byzantin Civ, well i was having lots fun when i was looking over Constantinople stats and got a graphic problem. The picture i uploaded is not Constantinople window but i pressed ctrl-s to save the game and there you can see the graphic problem (red circle). When this happens i get a CTD after completing the turn.

I installed CAE on a new MTWII and updated to 1.2. Do you have a idea what is causing this???

Thanks!

Well my friend unfortunately we are aware of this issue.It's a bug that is derived from the modification of SD files in the UI folder.Sicilian Vespers and I have long sought for the reasons of the bug,although we had thought we fixed the bug to some extent,it obviously still exists,note that it happens quite seldom,and I've been trying to fix it.

Well my friend unfortunately we are aware of this issue.It's a bug that is derived from the modification of SD files in the UI folder.Sicilian Vespers and I have long sought for the reasons of the bug,although we had thought we fixed the bug to some extent,it obviously still exists,note that it happens quite seldom,and I've been trying to fix it.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Ok, well i guess i'll have to play with it till it's fixed!

Thanks for the fast reply!!!!

Salutations

Salutations
    No prob

Salutations

lanartruc don't concern it this bug.
    It happens unusually seldom, and fun can not spoil.
    This problem takes a stand at I sometimes also (I play Teuton Order, and Kingdom of Jerusalem too)
    State of game will suffice to record frequently, and everything there will be after reading ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicarius View Post
    lanartruc don't concern it this bug.
    It happens unusually seldom, and fun can not spoil.
    This problem takes a stand at I sometimes also (I play Teuton Order, and Kingdom of Jerusalem too)
    State of game will suffice to record frequently, and everything there will be after reading ok.
    I agree with you at this point Duplicarius,though I will still do my best to prevent this ever happening.

I started the mod today with Kingdom of Jerusalem. I had a mission to conquer Damascus. I had 2 siege towers, but i was unable after the 1 unit to sent my troops on the walls. They've just stood there and unable to move.

Hi Zeph... I have been playing somewhat both Wallachia and GD of Lithuania.I must say I lean towards Wallachia.

Anyway here is just estetic flaw I found

Also seems all Lithuanian troops are free of upkeep! Some Wallachian troops are free of upkeep as well, not all tho.

I noticed archers do much more damage now...very cool, no more Hercules soldiers.Now archers must be dealt with quickly.

Edit: Just played some 20 turns as wallachia...Venice took sofia, Byz who are my current allies declared them war, so i thought to join.
    As screen was supposed to go to battle loading screen, game exited and said there is an error.Got this several times now, sometimes also during gameplay.
    I also get some error, whn portrait of one of my generals appears on screen, where pointers should be and stuff.
    Last edited by Gazi Husrev-Beg; June 27, 2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: More bugs...
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by bobulus View Post
    I started the mod today with Kingdom of Jerusalem. I had a mission to conquer Damascus. I had 2 siege towers, but i was unable after the 1 unit to sent my troops on the walls. They've just stood there and unable to move.
    Well bobulus I've heard of this bug actually belonging to CA not to my mod,in the patch v1.1 it was supposedly fixed as well as for the CA'S patch v1.2,but apparently it's not entirely fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazi Husrev-Beg View Post
    Hi Zeph... I have been playing somewhat both Wallachia and GD of Lithuania.I must say I lean towards Wallachia.

Anyway here is just estetic flaw I found

Also seems all Lithuanian troops are free of upkeep! Some Wallachian troops are free of upkeep as well, not all tho.

I noticed archers do much more damage now...very cool, no more Hercules soldiers.Now archers must be dealt with quickly.

Edit: Just played some 20 turns as wallachia...Venice took sofia, Byz who are my current allies declared them war, so i thought to join.
    As screen was supposed to go to battle loading screen, game exited and said there is an error.Got this several times now, sometimes also during gameplay.
    I also get some error, whn portrait of one of my generals appears on screen, where pointers should be and stuff.
    I understand your point about the aesthetic flaw my friend.As Lithuanians priests are pagan,and not catholic or muslim,frankly I couldn't find a decent tga to fit in for the pagan priests..So that's the reason for this.

The same goes for the Lithuanian romuva priest strat map model there was a very nice model I intended to use,but for some obscure reason,some problems occured while exporting the CAS,so pagan priests strat model for now might seem a bit weird.

Well,not all Lithuanians troops are free of upkeep.The national troops such as Lithuanian Cavalry,Dismounted Lithuanian Cavalry and Lithuanian Archers are free of upkeep and recruit cost.I used a similar system of the vanilla Mongols upkeep costs system for Lithuania,the reason for this is currently Lithuanian's unit roster is very small,so this is a temporary solution as well as the experience bonuses just to give the player certain advantages and as for the AI leading Lithuania,not to be squashed under powerful Teutonic Order.

But do not worry my friend,the mod leader of the Wrath of the Norsemen mod,a valuable artist Raven DarkWing had offered to do some skinning for Lithuanian and other faction units,starting with Lithuania.So more Lithuanian units are coming up(check it out here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=104183&page=2)

You know the archer's actually don't do more damage but somehow probably descr_projectiles are edited by CA's patch v1.2,I take none for the credit of archer damage,they are more accurate and this seems a tweak of CA's patch v1.2,not CAE mod..

I played from 1080-1380 with Wallachia experienced a bit of graphics problem twice but there wasn't any other problems.However,Gazi your report is concerning since you only played 20 turns and experienced battle CTD's and I'll need to check if there is any problems with new units...
    Last edited by Zephrelial; June 27, 2007 at 10:03 AM.

Hi Zephrelial,

You're mod is very the best.

I have only one problem. Everatime i play with the Teutonic Order, and attack a city of Poland, or i click on a Lithuanian Agent, the Game crashes.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
    Hi Zephrelial,

You're mod is very the best.

I have only one problem. Everatime i play with the Teutonic Order, and attack a city of Poland, or i click on a Lithuanian Agent, the Game crashes.

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Hello Hector thank you about your opinion on my mod.Are you using an English version of mtw2 or another?Are you using patch v1.2?

Hello Zephrelial,

i'm using the German version with patch 1.002.1

Hello Zephrelial,

i'm using the German version with patch 1.002.1
    Aha...I know what you should do hold on....

EDIT:

This is what Ithildil proposes he was using the French version after he had done that he experienced no problems as far as I know:

CAO we just need to erase all the data in
    c:\sega\m2tw\cao\data\sound. and copy past the events data from
    c:\sega\m2tw\sound to c:\sega\m2tw\cao\data\sound.

Dou you mean you can help me?

I can't play this fantastic mod since 1 week.

Thank you,

well i try it now.

Thanks

Thank you,

well i try it now.

Thanks

Dou you mean you can help me?

I can't play this fantastic mod since 1 week.
    I hope it will work,please notify me how it went.

Zeph, I noticed the gun holk icon in my game is a peasant with a knife.I play with T.O. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. Anyway the best to you! Rudolf

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Zeph, I noticed the gun holk icon in my game is a peasant with a knife.I play with T.O. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. Anyway the best to you! Rudolf
    Aha... Gun holk tga of Teutonic Order is missing.Allright thanks a lot for reporting just jotted that down..
    Danke für sagen Rudolf...

Hi i'm playing the latest version of CAE. The only change I made to it was changing the starting date from 1080 to 1099. The year is now 1212 and the Mongols haven't popped up and the message hasn't popped up. Any idea why?

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Once Teutonic cities get upgraded to the highest barracks (armoury?) they gain the Teutonic city guard, however they lose the ability to recruit crossbow militia.

Therefore Cities for the Teutonic Order can't build any missile units for the highest tier of the city, since they can't recruit arquebus and musket units.
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1