Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Medieval Classic 10.0 Download, updated June 7th!

Default Re: Medieval Classic 10.0 Download, updated June 7th!

i cannot open it in filefront
    "We were always few, do not press us, do not understimate us...we were also victorious!"There wasn't in history any Alexandrovic the great..only Μέγας Αλέξανδρος(Alexander the great,King of the Greeks).every stripe a word"freedom or death"

http://files.filefront.com/MtwClassi.../fileinfo.html

Am I the only one that saves everything onto their desktop, in 1 folder and 50,000 subfolders?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Cool, downloading now, HALBERDS!

I dont really like the Merc system. Anyway I can change this?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul View Post
    http://files.filefront.com/MtwClassi.../fileinfo.html

Am I the only one that saves everything onto their desktop, in 1 folder and 50,000 subfolders?
    Is that the installer?

Hey, why Portugal is Aragon ??? what a non sense !!!

you show deep ignorance in history, Portugal is the oldest country of Europe, with the oldest intact borders...

You have to change, is a tremendous failure in your mod

To this mod, making it like MTW1 is more important. There was no Portugal in MTW1.

The download links are not working for me.

same here

Some one please upload this, we're itching to try it
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by brucedickenson View Post
    Some one please upload this, we're itching to try it
    If you mean for online custom battles me too. Filefront doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Is there anywhere I could get the 10.0 or 11.0 version?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dagothar View Post
    Is there anywhere I could get the 10.0 or 11.0 version?
    I think we may be waiting a while.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

I've been trying to download medieval classic the past two months but every time I do so it says that the file is ubavailable.. Is there an other way to get this mod??? Please help!!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

I going to try this mod!

The 10.0 link doesn't work. Can someone publish a link that does??? Please...

IF ANYONE has any modding interest, please respond to this. I will check this regularly.

I don't know if the leader of this mod Medieval Classic is done modding or is on hiatus or whatever, but I liked the idea and starting modding myself. I do know that the guy who made Rise of Kings already retired (cause I basically edited his mod). And since I think the only thing lacking in Medieval 2 is the atmosphere and the look (the battles are great, even if the ai is a little stupid, but still, they're great), I decided to make the game look more like Medieval I. I also tweaked a little things, but basically I tried to get the look of Medieval I for all the factions. I already posted this in the "Possible Mod Mergers" post in this forum and on the Renaissance Total War Forum ("Renaissance Total War Modded" post).

Anyways, if you are tired of broken download links (and especially if you know how to mod) then respond to this and we'll start up a project or possibly resurrect an old one. Here's the original post:

"""" """"

Hi, if anyone liked the campaign map ambiance and the look of the factions from Medieval I, this will interest you. If not, don't bother reading this.

Yeah, it seems like most of the other mods are dead, and this forum seems to be read by people regularly - i mean, with posts from 2010 and not 2 years ago - so here's my pitch (I posted this in the Medieval Classic Forum):

" " "
    Hi, I'm an amateur modder and I've been recently modding the Rise of Kings mod for M2TW patch 1.2. As it seems that that mod is dead, I was wondering if anyone here is interested in the things I was able to do. I am a big fan of the first Medieval and would've liked to see the same kind of atmosphere on the campaign map in Medieval 2. Hence, I too have been trying to make Medieval 2 as close as possible to Medieval 1. Some things I've already finished are:

1) The map. The original Rise of Kings map is a much larger map than the vanilla map, and I was able to spread out all the cities so that everything is balanced. And I maxed out the number of provinces so that an army won't spend too much time marching around doing nothing (ie, instead of adding more movement points, I kept it pretty much the same. The difference is that there are so many cities that are not too far from each other that you can move from city to city in no more than two turns, especially in Europe).

2) Also, I saved screenshots of the original medieval 1 map and was able to give each faction the original colors from medieval 1 (ie, just one solid color, no secondary color outlining borders on the campaign map). The only colors I diverged on were The Italians, which I kept the Venetian red but made it darker, the portuguese and the Scottish (because they werent in medieval 1), and the russians, the Mongols, and the Timurids (i kept it the same). Also, I made the 2D shields for the campaign map look more like the ones from Medieval I. In addition, I merged textures from the Ultimate AI mod (not sure where he got them from) that reflects the new shields.

3) I organized the factions around particular "cultures". Basically, I kept it like medieval 1, with The English, The French, The Germans, The Italians, etc. Since the political kingdoms were just a mess, and since dynastic families are just as bad, I decided to keep it to nationalities, even though they are anachronistic, because it kept things simple, and anyway it's like medieval 1.

4) I changed the time period to be from 1147 (start of the second crusade) to 1517 (the start of the reformation), with 2 turns per year. I gave the French the crusader states, and I have most of christian europe at war with the three muslim factions

5) I am in the process of making merchants more influential. Basically, my idea is to make merchants the main source of income for a country. Anyways, wealth is based on how much resources you control, not necessarily how many cities you have (ie cities need to be near rivers, iron deposits, etc in order to grow into cities). Thus, say if merchants make 80% of your nation's income, then the gameplay suddenly shifts to maintaining your merchant monopolies over resources (ie medieval capitalist cutthroat competition). Thus, you can be alright with a huge army and plenty of cities, but if say venetian merchants keep putting your merchants out of business, your economy is going to drop fast.

6) Lastly, I created a separate Germans faction distinct from the HRE and I united northern italy. This is hopefully to reflect the degree of independence and to some extent outright rebellion of the German Princes and the Italian city-states, such as in the Guelph-Ghibelline conflicts of the time period that I chose. Also, if I gave Germany to the HRE, then it would simply have too many provinces.

What I would like: anyone who can add in factions totally, with faction specific units. I can work on the 2d stuff like the menu and the campaign map banners, but I cannot work on unit skins, battle banners, unit cards, etc.

If anyone is interested I'll be checking this later. If not I guess I'll just keep modding.
    " " "

"""" """"

And here's some screenshots:

And some more screenshots:

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hiho

could someone update die dl? there´s only spam on it and no current dl!
    Thanks in advance

zaaroverandout

The link doesn't work.
    "Always Fight Smart, Never Fight Fair."

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't."

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.”
    ― John Steinbeck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345