Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Classic 10.0 Download, updated June 7th!

Icon14 Medieval Classic 10.0 Download, updated June 7th!

UPDATED: June 7th!

Changes from 9.0 in 10.0 are highlited and bolded in red.

Medieval Classic Total War 10.0, compatible with the 1.2 patch only.

Medieval Classic Total War is a mod designed to bring back the medieval feeling from mtw1, and also features from mtw1 into mtw2, this is not for realism, accuracy, or anything historic.

Medieval Classic 10.0 features:

1.2 patch

1) A brand new mercenary system similiar to mtw1's, now, ALL mercenaries can be recruited in ALL regions, so you can see stuff like sudanese tribesmen being recruited in scotland, and frankish knights in egypt!

2) All three campaign eras, seperate for you to choose from, early, high, and late.

All campaign eras have their seperate units just how it was in mtw1!
    They also have their own unique starting positions! Very different for each campaign.

All buildings vary from each campaign era, as well as cities varying in each campaign.

High era has higher level buildings than the early era.
    Late era has much higher level buildings than the high era.

Units from different eras can only be recruited in their proper eras, like in
    mtw1...
    So units like halberdiers, pikes, guns will not be seen in high and early era, EVER.
    No crossbows, longbows, janissaries, chivalric knights(or really advanced elites) in the early era...

Elite units that are in the early era are units such as varangian guards, norman knights, christian guards, mamluks, boyars...
    Feudal knights will be the profound force for early era catholics.

The high era enables the recruitment of chivalric knights, longbows, crossbows, arbalests, etc...
    but not guns, pikes, halberds, gothics, lancers, and other certain unit types.

Units and Faction Changes:

52) New concept units; Chivalric Sergeants and Feudal Sergeants.
    49) England, germans, and italians can now recruit chivalric knights.
    50) france and denmark can recruit chivalric foot knights in campaign.
    47) A new unit "Armoured Halberdiers", is recruitable for russia, england, spain, aragon, papacy, france, germans, and the italians.
    46) The Cicilian Armenians recruit armenian heavy cavalry, kwarizmians, armenian archers, byzantine infantry and varangian guards, and their bodyguard is the Prononai Allogai(byzantine general).
    45) Carrocio standards and great crosses are disabled.
    42) The Lithuanians recruit lithuanian cavalry, lithuanian archers, boyars, foot boyars, and bulgarian brigands, and their bodyguard is the mongol bodyguard.
    3) Dismounted Gothic Knights recruitable.
    4) Conquistadors and dismounted conquistadors recruitable in europe.
    5) Lancers recruitable for Spain, Aragon as well as France!
    6) Arquebusiers recruitable for every faction!
    7) Pavise arbalesters recruitable for all factions except the turks!
    8) Feudal men at arms, a new concept unit, is recruitable for all catholics and russia.
    9) Russia, france, england, hungary, poland, germans, and spain recruit pikemen!
    10) Russia, mongols, turks recruit steppe cavalry!
    11) Kwarazmian cavalry recruitable for egypt, turks, and mongols.
    12) Armenian Heavy Cavalry recruitable for turks!
    13) Ghazi infantry, a now elite unit, recruitable for egypt.
    14) Bedouin Camels for Egypt to recruit.
    15) Gallowglasses for England.
    16) New concept unit, Teutonic Sergeants and dismounted teutonic Sergeants for The Germans.
    17) Bulgarian Brigands for Russia.
    18) Hashashins for moors, egypt, turks in the armoury.
    19) Hospitaller knights for The Germans and Italians in kings stable only.
    20) Templars in kings stable for england and france only.
    21) Santiago knights for Aragon and Spain in kings stables.
    22) Swiss armoured pikemen, swiss pikemen, and swiss halberdiers for papacy and The Swiss!

Faction Changes:

56) Luthuania, Aragon, Swiss, Cicilian Armenians, Scotland, Volga Bulgarians, And Mongols now have Family trees to start with!
    57) Cicilian Armenians now have Byzantine Accents instead of english, and Lithuanians use Mongolian accents instead of english!
    58) Cicilian Armenians now have Cicilian character/family names, and lithuanians have lithuanian names instead of saxon/norman ones!
    27) The Cicilian Armenians have been added in, they are orthodox religion and greek culture.
    48) Timurids are now known as "The Volga-Bulgarians", they are pagan.
    44) Mongols are pagan, and don't build mosques.
    41) Added new faction using Saxon base, "The Lithuanians", they are pagan.
    23) Milan is replaced by "The Swiss", they get swiss units!
    24) Portugal is replaced by "The Aragonese", all their distinct units have been renamed!
    25) Venice is now known as the Italians, and they are in a unified position!
    26) Factions renamed to be EXACT with mtw1.

Battle system:

A Completely revamped battle system, done by me, which does the following:
    28) Slowed unit speed down by about 25%, to make it more strategic like mtw1.
    29) gives extremely low morale to non elite units,
    medium morale for mid class units,
    and high morale for elite units,
    30) Defense for ALL units has been drastically increased,
    also decreased kill/hit ratios for all units attack,
    the result of this is WAY longer melee battles.
    31) Increased mass of all missile infantry and infantry, to prevent cavalry from killing their entire unit in one charge.
    32) Elites will DOMINATE non elites, no more seeing non elites cause too many casualties to elites, basically summing up what that means, if you are up against elites, You need elites to win...
    33) A New Pike and Halberd Combat System! Pikemen and Halberdiers no longer form a useless, incompitent, buggy spearwall.
    They no longer pull out secondary weapons either!
    For now on, they fight as an offensive unit as well as a defensive unit, they do not need gaurd mode on anymore, and fight with their pikes/halberds the whole time, they are just as good against cavalry, and work fine against infantry.
    53) All ranges for missile troops now match mtw1:
    ALL archers have regular range.
    Crossbows have higher range than archers.
    Pavise Crossbows have higher range than crossbows.
    Arbalesters higher than pavise crossbows.
    Pavise arbalester units have higher than arbalesters.
    Longbows higher than pavise arbalesters.

Other changes:

58) New campaign descriptions for lithuania, Volga Bulgarians, and cicilian armenians.
    59) A new unique sub descriptions for each faction in each era!

54) All regions are a horde target for mongols.
    51) Rebels can now be taken prisoner, ransomed, released, or executed!
    55) Uses Dearmad's Bloods, broads, and bastards mod!

43) Renamed many regions and settlements to match mtw1, for more authenticity.
    34) Drastically increased character/army/agent movement capabilities on the campaign map.
    35) Rebels can now recruit many types of units from buildings.
    36) Characters/armies of yours or the AI will never rebel... rebelling characters is turned off.
    37) Tons of renamed units, to match with mtw1.
    38) New, unique sub-campaign descriptions describing disctinct units, and positions/difficulty for faction in each campaign era.
    39) All Elite units that originally were recruited in walls, are now recruited at citadels, such as swiss armoured pikes, conquistadors, broken lances, christian guards, etc.
    40) In the Late era, generals appear as late era royal knights/ghulam bodyguards.
    In the early and high era they appear as early era royal knights/ghulam bodyguards!

Changes from 9.0:
    Bern and Palermo no longer star forts, they are citadels like they are supposed to be...bug fixed.
    New missile range system.
    Family trees for swiss, scotland, aragon, mongols, volga bulgars, lithuanians, cicilian armenians.
    Lithuania uses mongol accents, and cicilian armenians use byzantium accents.
    Tweaked morale system, and unit costs, also tweaked unit stats.
    New sub descriptions for each era!
    Campaign descriptions for lithuania, Volga Bulgarians, and cicilian armenia.
    Lithuania uses lithuanian names, and cicilian armenia uses cicilian names!
    Rebels can be taken prisoner.
    Now uses Dearmad's Bloods, broads, and bastards mod.
    New concept units; Chivalric Sergeants and Feudal Sergeants.

The new family trees for aragon, mongols, volga bulgars, swiss, scotland, cicilian armenia, and lithuania should get rid of their former passive behavior! They should now behave properly!

Credits:
    Thanks bigtime to Selenius4tsd for his seperation campaign eras!
    Thanks to Serious Samarai for his Armoured Halberdiers!
    And thanks to Dearmad for his Bloods, Broads, and Bastards mod!

To install, download from here...
    http://files.filefront.com/Medieval_.../fileinfo.html

Get rid of all old versions of medieval classic, this is a standalone download.

then extract the files to your main mtw2 directory, use the batch files to play your selected campaign era.

If you wish to use late era campaign, select the batch file...
    "mtwClassicLate.bat", and well you get the picture.

You don't need to back anything up.

Just remember to have 1.2 patch installed, that's only requirements.

One thing! I did not get the symbols fixed for the new factions, swiss, aragon, lithuania, and cicilian armenia, they still use incorrect symbols. I will work on getting it fixed.
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; June 08, 2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: new version, new title.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Default Re: MTW Classic 8.0 Released, 1.2 compatible

where can I download previous versions because the patch 1.2 keeps messing my game up.

hang on I'll give you the link in a second.

here's 5.0
    http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93411

it doesn't have alot of the features, and may not have the patches that went with it, I'm not sure if the link still works for it either, give it a try though..

(try not to post in the thread cause I don't want that one to pop up and take more views than this version)

Does it have a bigger map or more regions / cities ?

no.

I don't think I will ever include a new map, the reason is because mtw1 had even less regions than mtw2 and rtw's vanilla maps.

Making each region more important and not excessive.

Laetus

thanks man great job

thank you.

Great Idea!! Rep 4 Ramtha!
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

thank you! rep for you too.

Why thank you!

Well, back on track, I think this is good because

a) You do not have to play for ages just to get late units
    b) I hate late units, so this is perfect (Hello Early and High!!!)
    C) Arabic mercs in Europe?? Why the hell not?

Just a side note, is this compatible with Real Arrows mod? Does it add files that will interupt with this mod?

EDIT: Wow, your rep boosted me a whole helmet (ring) Cheers!
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

Hey Ramtha, does version 8 fix the bug with those unit textures not showing up or do you still have to go through that procedure to fix it? Great mod btw!

Just a side note, is this compatible with Real Arrows mod? Does it add files that will interupt with this mod?
    Real arrows will work with this, but make sure you do NOT install anything that overwrites the export_descr_unit!

I'll take a quick look at real arrows, I've used it before but I'll double check the files that are used with it... I'm pretty sure you can use this mod with real arrows.

Hey Ramtha, does version 8 fix the bug with those unit textures not showing up or do you still have to go through that procedure to fix it? Great mod btw!
    Actually, 7.0 fixed the need to have to go through the procedure to get units visible.

The 1.2 patch adds a really nice feature where all texture/banner moddings can be used in a mod folder, so you do not need to do anything else! works perfectly.
    (just make sure 1.2 is installed before downloading.)

ATTENTION:

Anyone who has knowledge of mtw1, and/or has the game installed, and knows how to edit the unit descriptions, pm me if you're interested in modding the unit descriptions to match the mtw1 unit descriptions.

Campaign descriptions needed as well, to match the mtw1 campaign era/faction descriptions.

just one question, it seems that you have applied the pikemen fix, removing sec. weapons. Any other change with them? Because i tried something like that, and, against every melee unit, they were overpowered even with att 1 def 0, and even when flanked or atacked from behind

if you have pikemen without that problems and without using swords all the time, iīd really like to know how did you get it, i spent so much time trying without a complete success

just one question, it seems that you have applied the pikemen fix, removing sec. weapons. Any other change with them? Because i tried something like that, and, against every melee unit, they were overpowered even with att 1 def 0, and even when flanked or atacked from behind

if you have pikemen without that problems and without using swords all the time, iīd really like to know how did you get it, i spent so much time trying without a complete success
    that's a misobservation by people that claim that, either that or they did something different.

In this, the new pikemen(without swords or phalanx) are not overpowering.

I've seen tercios struggle to beat mongol infantry, and they lost tons of casualties.

I've seen swiss pikemen lose lots of men against feudal men at arms.

Regular pikemen just plain die and lose against descent swordsmen...

trust me, the pike units are not overpowering to other units, all I did to get it this way was take away phalanx, and take away their secondary weapons.

Well, iīve done many tests with pikemen because i was trying to make something like the phalanx in RTW and tried with only primary weapons, and i can tell that they are really overpowered and defeated every other unit. Even at stats (1/0), they were killing machines. At default stats they kill everything even when atacked from flanks/back.

Have you changed other stats besides removing the swords? If not, maybe you should make a simple test. Custom battle, grassy plains, 4 units of whatever pikemen and 4 of chivalric dsm. knights, or any other elite inf.

Let them charge you, and see the killing begin. Remove the guard mode of the pikemen after the charge, and it will be 4 times faster. I know what iīm talking about, i hate pikemen using their swords, so i did tons of tests trying to change them. If you havenīt changed anything more, then you will be making the same test that i did before, so the results canīt be much different. They are overpowered that way, but with guard mode off they were truly like tanks shooting at peasants.

However, iīm trying once again just to be sure, but, like iīve said, tested it dozens of times before.

Well I made an entirely new battle system.

Increased defense of all units and lowered hit ratio of all units..much longer lasting battles.

All elites given way more defense and attack than non elites, thus elites will destroy non elites and lose few casualties.

If you try my mod, then test the pikemen in battle, you'll find it out like follows...

regular pikemen defeat things like armoured sergeants, spearmen, weaker infantry... and lose badly against feudal men at arms, foot knights, axemen...

tercio pikemen easily beat mid class and lower class units, lose against elite infantry with swords and polearmsn very eaily... struggle and lose alot to beat mongol infantry.

Swiss pikemen very tough, can take on foot knights, but struggle to, and lose sometimes, especially when outflanked.

Swiss armoured pikemen, toughest unit in game, because I made it this way, they can beat anything.

militia pikemen, just plain get annihalted by most infantry.

Just try the mod and see for yourself that the pikemen are not overpowering at all.

EDIT: I understand you have this problem, many people say pikes without phalanx or secondary overpower the enemy, I'm not sure what I did different, outside of what I mentioned above, also, I increased the mass of all infantry, all infantry are given 2 points of mass, this prevents cavalry from killing an entire unit in one second, now cavalry slam into infantry and take out about 10-12 soldiers, then perform better in melee, if they are elite...

could be related to the mass, not sure.
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; May 11, 2007 at 05:40 PM.

well, tried the mod and for some reason it freezes when i try to start a battle. Anyways maybe thatīs the reason because they are not so overpowered: The other units have insane stats!!

scotland noble swordmen had like 30 def!!

Being used to LTC, where DFK have 16def it was kinda shocking. It seems that i wonīt be able to apply whatever you made with pikemen with LTC balance, however i might do some tests, i see that u removed the spearwall, have to try that, and iīll see what happens...

EDIT: Tried removing sec weapon AND spearwall in LTC, and highland pikemen defeated every other infantry with less than 15% casualties. I think the key is the high stats that the other units have in your mod. When i tried changing them i used LTC as base, and stats canīt be lower than 0 (for some reasons, with att 0 pikemen were still very good), so maybe u need to give the unit atacking the pikemen stats around 20/30.

If itīs like you said it is not a bad results, altough what iīve said about removing phalanx gives some weird results: pikemen receive charges with pikes pointing up, stab enemies at 1 m. with the point of their pikes, and seem to stop the cavalry charges a little worse than with spearwall (altought they kill the cav easily after that).
    Not a bad solution for your unit balance, but itīs damned time CA made something about pikemen (when people asked about them in forums before 1.2 they just didnīt respond or change subject)

However, iīve seen one way to make pikemen perform very well as they are: Mixing them with halberdiers. They keep the enemies from getting too close to pikemen, so the pikemen donīt use swords. Then, with the long pikes, pikemen attack past the halberdiers. Only good for defending, but itīs something.

BTW, what could be the cause of the freezing i said before?
    Last edited by eusKai; May 11, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

Don't forget that defense only works against attacks from the front and right side, so jacking it way up makes the shield, which works from the left and front, fairly useless by comparison.

scotland noble swordmen had like 30 def!!

They were better than chiv foot knights...

I was originally going to include the scots in the campaign, but ultimately thought it was best for england to not have them.

So I thought it would be cool to make them in a way the masters of swords.

It most likely the reason my battle system doesn't have overpowering pikes was because of the higher defense skill and lower kill ratio...it gives melees the chance to "settle in" and units use their appropriate stats...hence pikemen lose when up against a better unit.

The reason for the freeze... too many reasons possible...

Could be incorrectly using the mod batch, but you seem more knowledgeable than to make that mistake.

Could be incompatibility with your custom battles, and campaign perhaps...

perhaps you are using a unit_models folder with the battle_models.db inside of it, in your mtw2 data folder... if this is the case, then that could be why...

Don't forget that defense only works against attacks from the front and right side, so jacking it way up makes the shield, which works from the left and front, fairly useless by comparison.
    I never knew that, I didn't edit the shield at all, but it always seems okay, I haven't had any complaints so far about unbalancement...

I have noticed that "swiss armoured pikemen" formerly swiss guards, are practically invincible... I sort of made them that way, but when I had 3 units of royal mamluks in custom battle attack one unit of swiss armoureds from all flanks and rear they didn't lose anymore than 5 soldiers, and the royal mamluks died completely til they routed...it's sort of cool this way, but who knows. (only the swiss armoured pikes have that ability).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast